Pandora Softcase

Tuxedomask29

Just wanting to check in with everyone to see if anyone had any information regarding the Pandora Softcase. I haven't seen any threads regarding it for a while and was just wondering if it was still something that was going to be offered or if it had been shelved.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too was wondering, since I've bought one :p

Edit: I hope it's a little like the PSP one.

Tuxedomask29 said:
Just wanting to check in with everyone to see if anyone had any information regarding the Pandora Softcase. I haven't seen any threads regarding it for a while and was just wondering if it was still something that was going to be offered or if it had been shelved.

I don't think that's the official one. It's said to be much like the old GP2X ones, kind of semi-rigid at least.

Dead1nside said:
Tuxedomask29 said:

I don't think that's the official one. It's said to be much like the old GP2X ones, kind of semi-rigid at least.
No, that's not the official, it's one made by one of our own. I like this case much better than the one offered by OP. He was waiting to hear back from of if he could use the openpandora logo on the cases. That's the last thing I've heard regarding this case in the last few months and am hopeful it is still on tract to be sold to users since he is making them all himself and not some factory. Fingers crossed. Anyone else have any news?

Tuxedomask29 said:
Dead1nside said:
Tuxedomask29 said:

No, that's not the official, it's one made by one of our own. I like this case much better than the one offered by OP. He was waiting to hear back from of if he could use the openpandora logo on the cases. That's the last thing I've heard regarding this case in the last few months and am hopeful it is still on tract to be sold to users since he is making them all himself and not some factory. Fingers crossed. Anyone else have any news?

Hi guys, I'm the maker of the "unofficial" pandora case... The project is halted cause people a lot of people started saying that they had already bought the official cases, and didn't get any sort of official response.
I really didn't want to get in OP's way...

However, I've already have materials defined, where to "mini-mass produce" and how to send them. It would all take just about a week to make a small batch. I'm still counting on making a small batch
and see how they go.

The main problem about this, which is what had me worried is that I don't have a physical pandora. I'm not sure how its gonna fit, all I had were the approx measurements from wikipedia, but the case
has gone through many revisions. I wouldn't want to sell something before the actual product and then find out that the pandoras didn't fit correctly.

Thanks for your interest, I'll look into it more this week.

andrewe1 said:
Hi guys, I'm the maker of the "unofficial" pandora case... The project is halted cause people a lot of people started saying that they had already bought the official cases, and didn't get any sort of official response.

However, I've already have materials defined, where to "mini-mass produce" and how to send them. It would all take just about a week to make a small batch. I'm still counting on making a small batch
and see how they go.

The main problem about this, which is what had me worried is that I don't have a physical pandora. I'm not sure how its gonna fit, all I had were the approx measurements from wikipedia, but the case
has gone through many revisions. I wouldn't want to sell something before the actual product and then find out that the pandoras didn't fit correctly.

I'd still be quite interested in getting one perhaps, just to protect it from scratches and dirt and such. What would the approximate cost be and delivery to Europe? I think selling them on ebay is quite a good idea. It's just another option for people really.

I applaud your work, it looks very professional. Just a slip case, like the Wiz one is what I need.

andrewe1 said:
Tuxedomask29 said:
Dead1nside said:
Tuxedomask29 said:

and see how they go.

Awesome news! So happy to hear that things are still on tract and I can't blame you on wanting to wait to test the fit with the offical pandora. Now I have to think of what I'll use to protect it till them. :unsure:

EDIT: Oops, somehow my response got put in the quote :blink:

I would love to see an instructable detailing how to make your own Pandora Case :p

Transmition said:
I would love to see an instructable detailing how to make your own Pandora Case :p
Step 1: stop being an uncreative tool.
Step 2: find two pieces of cloth, guess the size
step 3: this gets tricky, you need to... sew... duct tape... glue... doesnt matter, just secure the pieces together on three sides.
step 4: ????
step 5: PROFIT

PROTIP: if you can't pull this one off, learn to love flipping patties.
(unless of course you want some kind of design, but lets not be gettin greedy here)

El Jefe said:
Transmition said:
Step 1: stop being an uncreative tool.
Step 2: find two pieces of cloth, guess the size
step 3: this gets tricky, you need to... sew... duct tape... glue... doesnt matter, just secure the pieces together on three sides.
step 4: ????
step 5: PROFIT

PROTIP: if you can't pull this one off, learn to love flipping patties.
(unless of course you want some kind of design, but lets not be gettin greedy here)
Alternative course of action
Step 1: get a job
Step 2: offer to pay someone else to do it for you
Step 3: payment in the form of food after you've locked them in your basement
Step 4: PROFIT!
See, I even figured out the missing step for you.

Back