Hard Bombproof Pandora Case

Mjlink

ithic.com
Website
www.ithic.com
Pelican's new Micro Cases have an automatic pressure purge valve, are submersible to 50 feet, dust proof and crushproof.
Pelican makes two different versions of this case.

Clear Case, has a rubber base that is removable. Only recommend the Clear case to those who have the Black/White case that was sold through Open-Pandora.Org when ordering a Pandora. A Pandora by itself will also fit in this case, but I highly recommend some padding as the lid is only hard plastic. Lastly, it is wisest to configure the zippers for the case as pictured below. When closing the unit, be sure to gently push the softcase up into the plastic of the hardcase. The fit is SNUG.
1040Clear.JPG

The solid color cases will hold the Pandora just fine on its own, a little loose, so maybe a microfiber cloth or some foam to absorb some shock might be ideal. The softcase will not fit in this case with a Pandora inside. The padding on the lid makes this case a different volume than the clear case.
1040Black.JPG

I can post more pictures if needed. Pick n Pluck Foam is available after adding the item to your cart. This wasn't an option when I ordered my cases, but is recommended for the solid case.
http://www.all-pelican-cases-4-less.com/detail_pelican_1040.html

Peace & Pandora!

Link

Thanks for the tip! I was actually contemplating exactly such a thing just days ago. Though I'll wait until my Pandora arrives to buy one.

I know this may be pushing it, but how pocketable are those cases?

Tempel said:
Thanks for the tip! I was actually contemplating exactly such a thing just days ago. Though I'll wait until my Pandora arrives to buy one.

I know this may be pushing it, but how pocketable are those cases?
The 1040 is a little smaller than a trade paperback in footprint (but bigger than your standard tiny mass market paperbacks), and about twice as thick as a Pandora. You'd need a pretty big pocket. You could probably squeeze it into a coat pocket or cargo pants pocket, but it looks like it'd be rather bulky.

Disclaimer: I don't have one yet!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pandora's Box Hmmm.

i recall something dangerous, nearly apocalyptic, i dont know why!.

well at least we know the panda will survive in those boxes.

neogramps said:
I have a black DS lite aluminium "gun case" lined up for my pandora - just need to cut a piece of foam to pad the sides slightly and it'll be perfect!
I have one of these also (just lacking the filling!) I blacked out the logo stuff with a permanent black marker pen.

So do you plan on taking your Pandora to Afganistan whilst wearing a T-Shirt that says "I hate Allah and the Taliban are all gay" or something?

DroneB Dev said:
Pandora's Box Hmmm.

i recall something dangerous, nearly apocalyptic, i dont know why!.
*LOOKS AROUND WIDE-EYED* W-What could you possible mean bythat? *GIGGLES INSANELY*

On the upside those are some pretty impressive cases. I remember a compaany that made PSP cases, if I could remember who they were they just might be useful...

Nation.A.List said:
neogramps said:
I have a black DS lite aluminium "gun case" lined up for my pandora - just need to cut a piece of foam to pad the sides slightly and it'll be perfect!
I have one of these also (just lacking the filling!) I blacked out the logo stuff with a permanent black marker pen.

yup, have one of those for my GP2X...nice case for cheap. That Pelican looks nice too!

TitanUranus said:
So do you plan on taking your Pandora to Afganistan whilst wearing a T-Shirt that says SNIP
My T-Shirt would say "Got Poppy?" if you found me in Afghanistan. You likely have a better chance of finding me in the Grand Canyon with my Pandora in a kayak, down by the river.

TitanUranus said:
So do you plan on taking your Pandora to Afganistan whilst wearing a T-Shirt that says "I hate Allah and the Taliban are all gay" or something?

I am a big fan of the Pelican Micro cases, and use them for my iphone/PDA when on dive expeditions, so they don't get soaked when we load the boat up at the start of the trip.

Knowing which Peli case fits the Pandy is useful info.

A portable linux machine with a 10 hour battery life is going to attract quite a few of us that don't just want it for games, just so you know!

To the original poster, thanks for the info! If I can get the decompression software to run on DOSbox, then I'll be getting a 1040 to add to my collection.

I would suggest you change the name of the thread though. I think "Waterproof" is the correct adjective. ;)

This looks awesome! I'll have to pick one up, thanks.

MJlink: I'm curious, how does a 3.5" hard drive fit in there (without any kind of enclosure)? I have one that I backup pictures and stuff to and keep in a fire safe... For $12 I wouldn't mind having one for the extra water/dust protection. :)

Is it lockable (even if theres no lock on it, can you attach one)
what would be the best uk retailer

thanks

wermy said:
This looks awesome! I'll have to pick one up, thanks.

MJlink: I'm curious, how does a 3.5" hard drive fit in there (without any kind of enclosure)? I have one that I backup pictures and stuff to and keep in a fire safe... For $12 I wouldn't mind having one for the extra water/dust protection. :)
I've only an A-Data 2.5" drive that fits just fine. No 3.5" here, sorry.

emcp said:
Is it lockable (even if theres no lock on it, can you attach one)
what would be the best uk retailer

thanks

NOT lockable. UK Retailer? Your asking a stupid American that question? I'd say we can't fix an oil leak, but hmmm, that's kinda on the Brits too.

Mjlink said:
NOT lockable. UK Retailer? Your asking a stupid American that question? I'd say we can't fix an oil leak, but hmmm, that's kinda on the Brits too.

Woooooah
dont call me a brit, i aint
im irish, also you some sort of eco terrorist or something , seem to be getting a bit angry

emcp said:
Woooooah
dont call me a brit, i aint
im irish, also you some sort of eco terrorist or something , seem to be getting a bit angry
Well, my description proudly tells you were I'm from. I didn't call you a Brit specifically. Really curious as how eco-terrorism and my post have any correlation whatsoever? American's for the most part are a stupid people, again, where's the link to eco-terrorism? Are you high? On what? Is it good?

Peace & Pandora,

Link

edit: typo

IMG_0628.jpg

This is a Pelican 1040 Solid colored/padded case with Pick & Pluck Foam, I removed 1/3 to 1/2 of the foam with a pair of scissors. The outer ring of the Pick & Pluck should be left intact and the foam should be used in the lid of the case.

I also put the Pandora in a thin microfiber cloth sunglass case for storage in this setup.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Back