Pandora/wiz In T3 Online

'uncovered'? Oh, yeah, obviously they are the first outlet to ever pick up on the story...

'Pandora's box is sure to be as wizzy as the Wiz'

WAT

'the nattily named Gamepark Wiz and the Pandora '

wow.

'The other new open source handheld due to make some noise in 2009 is the ARM Cortex A80-powered Pandora, developed by an off-shoot team of the guys and girls behind Gamepark’s GP2X.'

so wait, craigix and co were behind gamepark's gp2x?

these guys should spend less time writing puns and more time focusing on writing style and fact checking.

Edit: Crap removed. Enough with that nonsense. Nobody is impressed. -Chip
not trying to impress, just offend (not really)

Chip said:
I've emailed the author, correcting the factual errors.
Mention last string also, ok :)
For now, we’re trying to rack our brains to try to remember exactly what it was those flying monkeys were doing in our imaginary game. Does anybody have any mushrooms?

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to buy T3 regularly in the late 90's, but it's gone downhill a lot since then (in my opinion), more like a shopping brochure than a mag now, and from what I've seen Stuff magazine is just the same. Saying that, T3 is the sort of magazine that is likely to have gadget loving readers with cash to burn, so ignoring the poor quality journalism, it would be worth encouraging further coverage by sending them a Pandora for review (or maybe just one to the Future Publishing offices in Bath so that mags like Linux Format and PC Plus (as well as T3 if it's still in Bath) can write up a review too).

T3 said:
...we have to consider that this could all be so much ‘vapourware’ because we have yet to actually see a unit in existence. While units are rumoured to have gone out to a few developers, proper release dates are hazy and T3’s attempts to get in touch with the guys behind the device have, to date, fallen on deaf ears.
some video of a finished Pandora would be nice, even if it's just a board in a prototype case booting GMenu with working controls =]

Zeno Arrow said:
I used to buy T3 regularly in the late 90's, but it's gone downhill a lot since then (in my opinion), more like a shopping brochure than a mag now, and from what I've seen Stuff magazine is just the same. Saying that, T3 is the sort of magazine that is likely to have gadget loving readers with cash to burn, so ignoring the poor quality journalism, it would be worth encouraging further coverage by sending them a Pandora for review (or maybe just one to the Future Publishing offices in Bath so that mags like Linux Format and PC Plus (as well as T3 if it's still in Bath) can write up a review too).

Yep Future publishing is about 15 mins walk from where I live, I can go down and bash some one around the head a bit and ask that one of the Linux format guys checks these things out before the gadget wanna be's do in future

liquidphantom said:
Zeno Arrow said:
Yep Future publishing is about 15 mins walk from where I live, I can go down and bash some one around the head a bit and ask that one of the Linux format guys checks these things out before the gadget wanna be's do in future

I know mate, I live just up the road from you. ; )

Future Publishing do loads of good tech related magazines, coverage in some of their magazines would definitely be worthwhile (Linux Format will probably cover it anyway).

who cares? when the next preordering starts, there will be some devices available to show what it can plus this article will be long forgotten.

O.....M........G.........

Have you seen what they've put now:

It's NOT developed by an off-shoot team of the guys and girls behind Gamepark’s GP2X, its a new startup company.

Of course, the later makes you wonder: Will this device ever actually get to market, or will they run out of cash before doing so?

and why the hell does it have dual analogue controllers? They clearly will not be able to license any kind of decent games for these platforms, so if people want a portable gaming device, the obvious choice is still DS and PSP.

Lose the "I'm a portable games machine" aspect and go for the sub-notebook feel and you just might sell enough to recover your r&d costs, else I see this going to the same way as the Gizmondo and Zodiac -> Down the toilet.

Looks like they really believe its going to be a success....

Edit: Just realised it's a User comment, still pretty harsh though

It seems that they have fun bugging us with their kind of "journalism" :lol:
Meh. They will be proven wrong...sometime ;)

Edit:
Bad journalism of you too, Bramrash :p

Bramrash said:
Lose the "I'm a portable games machine" aspect and go for the sub-notebook feel and you just might sell enough to recover your r&d costs
They already did, within a day. And that's just from brave early adopting ore-orders!

Man, when there are videos of real Pandoras running with great community software, and regular ordering is available, these are going to fly off the virtual shelves. I know at least 4 people who would buy one in a nanosecond once they see it for real.

GunPei2X said:
Bramrash said:
Lose the "I'm a portable games machine" aspect and go for the sub-notebook feel and you just might sell enough to recover your r&d costs
They already did, within a day. And that's just from brave early adopting ore-orders!

Man, when there are videos of real Pandoras running with great community software, and regular ordering is available, these are going to fly off the virtual shelves. I know at least 4 people who would buy one in a nanosecond once they see it for real.

Agreed:)
If it happens in the next few months I see no problem. Till mid 2009 the mass production should run like a charm, else competition might become a problem.

Zeno Arrow said:
(Linux Format will probably cover it anyway).
I feel compelled to post an image from the current Linux Format, here. This is from a box-out at the bottom of a small article about the Envizions EVO;

Linux_Format_Snippet.jpg

Bramrash said:
O.....M........G.........

Have you seen what they've put now:

It's NOT developed by an off-shoot team of the guys and girls behind Gamepark’s GP2X, its a new startup company.

Of course, the later makes you wonder: Will this device ever actually get to market, or will they run out of cash before doing so?

and why the hell does it have dual analogue controllers? They clearly will not be able to license any kind of decent games for these platforms, so if people want a portable gaming device, the obvious choice is still DS and PSP.

Lose the "I'm a portable games machine" aspect and go for the sub-notebook feel and you just might sell enough to recover your r&d costs, else I see this going to the same way as the Gizmondo and Zodiac -> Down the toilet.

Looks like they really believe its going to be a success....

Edit: Just realised it's a User comment, still pretty harsh though

well, why are you surprised? it's the average internet commentor who cant imagine anything other than a commercial handheld. no gp32, no gp2x, no wiz, no pandora, no hacked psp and ds, no freeware PDA scene

Back