Outstanding dosbox performance on custom built dosbox with optimisations for Pyra.

I'm profiling in Opera 12 but it doesn't show the thing until it is fully downloaded, and I'm still waiting, anyway I never seen it prefetching things that are not embedded in a visible way...

Now I'm also connected with Vivaldi and even this browser is still downloading (26Mb by now)

EDIT: Vivaldi has a Network tab, but seems working in the same way, it shows things only after them are fully downloaded

Last edited by a moderator:
The one on Steam is Windows based? I didn't tried yet (I have both Steam & GoG version, maybe on of them is Dosbox based?)

It is unlikely... I can only confirm that the GOG version is for Windows

EDIT: It's the mp4 that is downloaded by the browser, but the fun fact is that it happens only on the posts that "quoted" the original post... the original post doesn't make the browser to download it

I believe I have the DOS version of Fallout at home, I can make a video, but I won't be home until Sunday.

I'm prettty sure this is a windows game, so no dosbox for this one (though it should work with exagear + wine, I'd need to find my CD, and setup a computer with a cd drive, to test though...)

I can confirm that there is a Version of Fallout 1

Because my Qemu Experiments with it.

Unfortunaly there was ever an Memory Access Error in DRDos/FreeDos and with Dosbox on the Pandora it was too slow or Errors too.

There is a Game who had a realy bad Performance on Dosbox and Qemu with the Pandora but i do not renember the Name more yet.

Its like Resident Evil and its called Interphase or near.

Have yoy tried to add the 3dfx Patches for the Pyra Dosbox Build for nicer 3Dfx Grafics?

Screamer work fine???

Wow good to read :)

Have you tried to install the Windows95Dosbox?

Maybe we get a good Performance this Time for the 3DFX patched Dosbox with 3dfx Enabled Windows95.

Would be realy Great for much more Games to Test :)

The video I posted just a few posts ago shows off carmageddon... 

I know, that's why I make the "banned from the forum" joke, mr. sarcasm dispensar. And remember that the one requested the video was me :D.

I know, that's why I make the "banned from the forum" joke, mr. sarcasm dispensar. And remember that the one requested the video was me :D.

not much of a joke.... I also can't remember things day from day let alone what someone else wrote.

It's a joke if it's funny for me ;).

BTW I have contact with the DSx86 author :D.

EDIT: I have remember a game, can you please try World Rally Fever? Thank you!

Back