Outstanding dosbox performance on custom built dosbox with optimisations for Pyra.

That only has a Windows version, so DOSBOX wouldn't work. I tried it with Exagear + WINE and ran into some issues if I recall it may have been the CD Security causing it to fail to launch even with the official CD in a USB drive... I can try getting Steam working again on my devboard and try that version. 

Sadly when emulating stuff like that you MIGHT have to use a cracked version with the security stuff removed, it's always hardware dependant.

yay! I am excited for lba2, fallout and kknd! Could you try any of these please? Wing Commander Privateer, Bleifuss Fun (apparently called Ignition in the US) and destruction derby? cheers!

So I compiled a fresh and vanilla version of Dosbox, using (mostly) @Wally's parameters.

And here is screamer running on the Pandora (Low res mode, default everything for Dosbox, not ompadss accelerated).

screamer_pandora.mp4

It is running quite well on the Pandora in fact. I need to had a few hack, to make DPad working with ompadss, plus I have a crash everytime I quit dosbox, but it seems it handled DOS4GW games much better then what I remember.

Last edited by a moderator:
More videos, unfortunately no sound yet (I'd rather not share with the world the sound of clattering keys). I will have my Elgato game capture device working at some point this weekend with sound.. hopefully if my Analogue audio method works.

Demonstrated in order:

Crusader - No Regret

Redneck Rampage

Jedi Knight Dark Forces II

I did have a TIE Fighter video too but yeah it was pretty crappy.

Enjoy https://www.dropbox.com/s/qahc6veedm02gwd/moregames.m4v?dl=0

So I compiled a fresh and vanilla version of Dosbox, using (mostly) @Wally's parameters.

And here is screamer running on the Pandora (Low res mode, default everything for Dosbox, not ompadss accelerated).

screamer_pandora.mp4

It is running quite well on the Pandora in fact. I need to had a few hack, to make DPad working with ompadss, plus I have a crash everytime I quit dosbox, but it seems it handled DOS4GW games much better then what I remember.

So does this mean we have a faster version of dosbox for the Pandora?

screamer_pandora.mp4

that would be awesome - why is your build much better than the ones we have though ? 

I saw the video of PtitSeb, it's better than before on Pandora but still the FPS is a little too low to be perfectly playable. But still a great improvement vs the slideshow it used to be :p

So does this mean we have a faster version of dosbox for the Pandora?

Yes, but I still have to work on that version, package it (find a gui). That will take some time.

that would be awesome - why is your build much better than the ones we have though ? 

I guess they (the dosbox maintener) improved the 32bit mode support, and especialy the DOS4GW extender.

I saw the video of PtitSeb, it's better than before on Pandora but still the FPS is a little too low to be perfectly playable. But still a great improvement vs the slideshow it used to be :p

This is without omapdss for the rendering. I have some work to make it run (dpad and ABXY button are not detected without hack, but I should have a diff for that somewhere), but it may add the few missing fps to make it perfect. I did finish first on my test run, so it's getting good anyway :)

Yes, but I still have to work on that version, package it (find a gui). That will take some time.

I guess they (the dosbox maintener) improved the 32bit mode support, and especialy the DOS4GW extender.

This is without omapdss for the rendering. I have some work to make it run (dpad and ABXY button are not detected without hack, but I should have a diff for that somewhere), but it may add the few missing fps to make it perfect. I did finish first on my test run, so it's getting good anyway :)

This is great news as Fallout is sooooo close to being playable for me and maybe this update will do that :)

I have it from an old interplay compilation from years ago..

Yay! Thanks for the update PtitSeb! That's even more stuff I can play on the Pandora and even less need for a Pyra ;)

My browser keep downloading something huge from the second page of this thread that halves my download speed, and I can't find what it is

Could be prefetching the mp4 files.

Not sue what browser you have but if you bring up the debug window (usually F12) there should be a "Network" tab that lists everything it's downloading.

Back