Outstanding dosbox performance on custom built dosbox with optimisations for Pyra.

Wally

I am a banana!
I've been doing some fiddling with dosbox with the new kernel and stuff.

I have found that the following games perform REALLY well with sound so we have a base benchmark!

The following games I have tested are running at peak performance with this build.

Blood

Redneck Rampage

Daggerfall 

Videos will come in time, Was just very excited to find these beauties ran well! 

Anyone got anything they'd like me to test?

Last edited by a moderator:
the first fallout runs on dosbox too, right ?

Nah that's Windows, runs fine in Wine though ;)

If you can also test Screamer and Screamer 2 this will provide some good idea if the 3D performance is great or not :)  on Pandora it runs pretty badly. 

Downloaded the demos. Will give them a shot soon!

Any chance you could try Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II?

Sure, I think I have this on steam at home. so i'll grab the files and check later!

Screamer 1 works amazingly! Screamer 2 requires wine

Edit: The version I downloaded did. I'll look further tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
Little Big Adventure 2 ?

But since screamer works well, I guess LBA2 will work just fine as well.

Any chance you could try Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II?

That only has a Windows version, so DOSBOX wouldn't work. I tried it with Exagear + WINE and ran into some issues if I recall it may have been the CD Security causing it to fail to launch even with the official CD in a USB drive... I can try getting Steam working again on my devboard and try that version. 

If you have trouble getting Steam to work, you can use Steamcmd. That's what I did with exagear on my Pandora.

If you have trouble getting Steam to work, you can use Steamcmd. That's what I did with exagear on my Pandora.

generally It's just a matter of installing steam on x86 debian repository on the OMAP5. I'm on a new install of exagear, so I just need to re-install steam among other things. 

Back