OPEN Morrowind for Linux

I will certainly give it a go, I'm having a blast through the metal gear had collection right now but once I finish that or morrowind becomes playable on the pandora (whichever comes soonest) I will dedicate some time to it.

Since its becoming open source, how much freedom would you get from the engine? How far could you take the mods? I'd love to see a full game mod and make a fallout with it (if it's possible, I'm no developer so I have no idea).

I think you have some confusion on some things, the original engine is NOT becoming open source. This is a reverse engineering/cloning of the original game engine, but its a new engine written by fans. It is not complete and like most efforts like this can take years before its close.

@Fahrstuhl: I was responding at your quote and your post at the same time :p anyway Morrowind actually HAS a questlog, with the Tribunal expansion installed, maybe you played the game without it.
Yes, Morrowind has a questlog which I remember to be a wall of text :D

Fallout 3 has some quests that don't show up in the questlog at all.

On the other hand I was around 13 when I played it. I think I'll just install it again and find out how good my memory is.

good games don't have easymode questlog, like the old EQ...

My bad, I'm getting a bit muddled, basically I wondered how moddable it will be. I've seen some games where by changing a lot of things you get practically a whole new game from it.

I wonder if this project will aim to be friendly with Morrowind mods. Unlikely, but I do wonder.

Back