Pyra Capabilities-Open Morrowind?

The major issue of Morrowind for me (at least on a PC) was more the loading times than the hardware requirements, does OMW improves them ?

On my Pentium 3 the loading times were like 10 minutes after selecting the save slot, and like 5 minutes after entering every new areas.

The major issue of Morrowind for me (at least on a PC) was more the loading times than the hardware requirements, does OMW improves them ?

On my Pentium 3 the loading times were like 10 minutes after selecting the save slot, and like 5 minutes after entering every new areas.
Never noticed loading times being an annoyance on the pi3.
[doublepost=1543884294,1543884204][/doublepost]
Here, some picture, running on the Pandora of course. There quite some swap, so the increase in memory of the Pyra will also help.
View attachment 32173 View attachment 32174 View attachment 32175

Now @klapse about that RPi test. I wanted to see how the Pandora (for a start) compared, but it doesn't seems GeeXlab is opensource (I was unable to find the sources to build it myself, only prebuilt stuff), so there is no way I can build the test on the Pandora (and later Pyra) to see... So that benchmark is useless (or at least, not universal enough). But I can run GLMark2 in GL2 mode...
Thank yuu! I haven't been able to find a commonly used, open-source opengl2 'benchmark' that just renders a scene with similar detail to what we have with morrowind. [EDIT]And the idea of 'benchmarking' with such things is probably too flawed to have meaning anyway. You need to compare that particular software (OpenMW) across platforms.
Also you ... don't... have a devboard or prototype yet?

Also you ... don't... have a devboard or prototype yet?

I know ptitseb's productivity seems to be almost endless given the sheer amount of stuff he ports over; far more than I can ever play fully I suspect, but I can't see how he could continue to port games to Pandora and fettle a prototype at the same time. Plus his experience is more in getting libraries working together and profiling apps on a stable OS; if the OS is barely stable and most of the work needs doing to make the system really usable then it's probably still to early to send him one, but I hope he will get sent one before units get sent out to everyone; he's earned it with all of his ports he's given us freely.

Also, all benchmarks have some discrepance with reality to them; one based on rendering a scene from a 3D game is probably about the best kind of benchmark you can get if you're planning to play 3D games on a system anyway.

Good points levi.
Some things that make OpenMW a good 'showcase app', if no technical difficulties prevent it:

1) Everyone's heard of it - people remember it
2) It appears to be an acceptably-well optimized implementation
3) About the right era of PC game to emulate on Omap5

That's not really going to excite the Win2 fans who want the max compat with windows games, but it will show what can be done without Microsoft.

I have an early prototype in hands, but I need to get the latest OS up and running. There was some Tiler issue last time I checked and zmatt was working on it. I need to see if this is fixed. I already worked on 3D drivers, but I haven't been able to properly bench the thing yet (be sure I'll do some post when it's done).

No, I don't think so. I use a huge swap of 4GB on my Pandora (mainly so I can build very large stuff, I rarely need that much memory), but with openmw, just a few is used, but it still swap constantly as soon as I move.
[/spoiler]
Ah i understand.
Its like Minecraft..the more Swap you have..the more will be swapped from the Game and System.
Minecraft was fully playable with 300mb Swap and started from Mini Menu for more real Ram.
Swapping Ram on the Pandora slow down many Things.

Maybe when you do a Version on your BetaLair some of us can Test Morrowind with differrent Settings on the Pandora ;)

Hehe, good that i pree Pree Ordered the 4 gb Version :)
Only problem is that my Morrowind Disc seems to be a bit damaged, but i can remember to had this Game also from a Video Game Magazine Disc..

Hehe, good that i pree Pree Ordered the 4 gb Version :)
Only problem is that my Morrowind Disc seems to be a bit damaged, but i can remember to had this Game also from a Video Game Magazine Disc..
Careful - there is a German release of MW - maybe from the Software Pyramide - that was incompatible with OpenMW when I tested in February. I can dig for the CD if you want but no guarantees OpenMW is still incompatible with it.

Having purchased the game twice, I just downloaded a working copy.

Careful - there is a German release of MW - maybe from the Software Pyramide - that was incompatible with OpenMW when I tested in February. I can dig for the CD if you want but no guarantees OpenMW is still incompatible with it.

Having purchased the game twice, I just downloaded a working copy.

--- Edit: Nevermind, i overlooked that you meant just one specific german release ---

Really? I tried playing a while ago, which worked and i own only the german version as far as i know (Just checked gog and steam list).

Nostalgia: I can remember buying the english version at release and then sending the disc in 6 months later to get the german version.

I dotnt have issues whit Buying the GOG Version if this works whit OpenMW, and i know my Version wasnt from the Software Pyramide, as i can remember it was in a Karton whit the Editor...
But first, i need the Pyra, mybe i can download it whit the GPD Win to my SD Card, and then Install and put the SD Card back in the Pyra..

Back