Release Games We'd like to See on Pandora

Hello all long time viewer first time poster.....

I really didnt think that i would need to say this but the best game ever is open source and already for linux and i not knowing much would think that it would be easy to get going on the pandora, also is network playable......

AND THE BEST GAME EVER .... :D

www.openttd.org

tell me what you's think

theCreation

I would definitely play Diablo II on Pandora, but that's probably not going to happen.
I would also like to see Tibia on the Pandora, and theoretically, since it has a Linux client, it should work, right? It has very low system requirements.

Hello everyone, I haven't posted here for a while but I have a port request I believe would be well worth doing.

Seventh Sense, an extremely slick, feature-rich playing aid program for use with the Lone Wolf gamebooks hosted by non-profit fan organisation Project Aon, is being brought to as many platforms as possible with some help from SDL creator Sam Lantinga.

The developer of Seventh Sense believes the Pandora's spec should cope well with his software and I think a version optimised for the touchscreen would be a superb addition to the Pandora's library.

All files and information can be found on the Seventh Sense website: http://www.projectaon.org/staff/david/download.php

Halo would be great, but unfeasable.

I would like to see these games ported to the Pandora
Crusader 1+2
Starcraft
Warcraft 1+ 2
Knights of the Old Republic
Need for Speed Underground
Carcassonne

PhrawzT said:
Halo would be great, but unfeasable.

I would like to see these games ported to the Pandora
Crusader 1+2
Starcraft
Warcraft 1+ 2
Knights of the Old Republic
Need for Speed Underground
Carcassonne

starcraft = not possible, at least not the PC version.
warcraft = probably not possible, it might be possible with dosbox
Knights of the old republic = not possible.
need for speed underground = not possible
carcassonne = http://www.eglebbk.dds.nl/program/cindex.html the source is available, so it is probably possible to port this.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND, if the source code is NOT available, it is not possible (unless under dosbox) to "port" a game to linux, much less an ARM processor. pretty much any game made by a major company (i.e. EA, Blizzard, etc) the source code is NOT available.

Actually, someone did a static recompile of Warcraft 2.
This means they took the x86 binary, put it through a magic program, did a lot of jiggery, and out popped a Linux ARM port. Doing so is a very difficult process, apparently, and won't work on very many games, but the guy who did it has gotten lucky a few times. It runs natively on the GP2X, apparently.
The rule "no source, no port" still basically holds true, but for a few very special cases ;)

Back