One day late but more goodies instead

I just ordered from the new batch with does not have the color manual! I'm really sad about that one, but what really grinds my gears is that it wont run in emulators even if you do it via legal methods like that usb cartridge. A bit unfair I hope one day they release a patch or rom for us when the game is long sold out :mellow:

I just ordered from the new batch with does not have the color manual! I'm really sad about that one, but what really grinds my gears is that it wont run in emulators even if you do it via legal methods like that usb cartridge.

Sweet jumpin' jellybeans...

I thought you were talking about the Pandora for a terrifying second...

I just ordered from the new batch with does not have the color manual! I'm really sad about that one, but what really grinds my gears is that it wont run in emulators even if you do it via legal methods like that usb cartridge. A bit unfair I hope one day they release a patch or rom for us when the game is long sold out :mellow:
I don't know if I'm watching old videos on youtube but it doesn't look that spectacular, how does it look in real life? How is the game and how did they make it unplayable through emulators? I'd guess eventually they'll either patch an emulator or the rom so they can sell it digitally once the carts stop selling. I wonder if gog.com would sell it if they went to them. Gog only sells windows games but I wonder if they would consider selling rom images?

Or, better yet, a special build of an emulator that only runs the game. With permission from the original author, of course.

Or, better yet, a special build of an emulator that only runs the game. With permission from the original author, of course.
That wouldn't accomplish much as it would be just as pirate-able and would just piss people off in the end as there would be no way to play the game under the buyers preferred emulator or platform. I'd rather just have the patched ROM image so I could play it on my Pandora without worrying if and when they'll port the modified emulator to the Pandora.

I don't know though, if it runs on a Genesis that means that it is possible to write an emulator to play this ROM. I guess someone who has written a Mega Drive emulator would know. Maybe the cart has a special chip? I'm guessing if that is the case then whoever wants to update their emulator would need the physical cart.

I want to stress I'm not going to pirate the game but if they offered it on a site like gog.com in ROM form that would play on any emulator then I'd buy it. Well, I'm holding off buying the cart till reviews come out about it, I have a mint CDX that doesn't get much use anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet jumpin' jellybeans...

I thought you were talking about the Pandora for a terrifying second...
Well it is on topic since Pier Solar will not run on the Pandora or anything other than real hardware.

I just ordered a reprint PS too, having been too late to get in on the first lot. I remember reading up on it before you could buy it, then I plum forgot about it completely until ED mentioned it on the boards about 6 months ago.

There are a lot of people that are angry with watermelon for daring to sell all of their initial stock and have the reprints come with a black and White manual, and different box art. I'm really not bothered though because I just want to play it on my megadrive, it could come in a jiffybag for all I care.

Anyway, if any Pandora batch 2ers think they've got it tough on these boards you should pop on the ps boards and see how tough they are! Elitism is so rife there that you feel like you should be wearing a uniform, or at least a beret.

Well it is on topic since Pier Solar will not run on the Pandora or anything other than real hardware.
From what I see it's using custom mapper of some sort, of course there could be other anti-emulation tricks. I guess I'll get the reprint just out of curiosity about how it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Craigx's latest tweet:

"Pandora building going well - might be shipping more than 350 this week."

Gear up, everyone!

Now that's some exciting news!

I may be posting an apology to Craig next week. Of course, I'm tempering my enthusiasm with the almost certain knowledge that mine won't be shipped (I'm at 400-500, so probably a few months yet to wait).

But you never know.... Ah, fuggit. *SQUEEEEEE*

D.

I may be posting an apology to Craig next week. Of course, I'm tempering my enthusiasm with the almost certain knowledge that mine won't be shipped (I'm at 400-500, so probably a few months yet to wait).

But you never know.... Ah, fuggit. *SQUEEEEEE*

D.

I think none of the team have said the sacred phrase "mass production" just yet, but I believe that we've entered that phase. It seems to me that the boards are finally getting produced and nubbed at the rate of around 300 a week (or was it day? I can't remember), so I'm thinking that we've entered that mass production state. Although if the boards company decides to ship something like one thousand at a time, we'll probably see a tiny delay in between shipping batches to OPT. I'm not sure if we'll see that delay on our side.

I think none of the team have said the sacred phrase "mass production" just yet, but I believe that we've entered that phase. It seems to me that the boards are finally getting produced and nubbed at the rate of around 300 a week (or was it day? I can't remember), so I'm thinking that we've entered that mass production state. Although if the boards company decides to ship something like one thousand at a time, we'll probably see a tiny delay in between shipping batches to OPT. I'm not sure if we'll see that delay on our side.

Well we havn't heard any news on the next batch of nubs or the cases. The board company only has nubs for 1000 boards and Craig only has cases for 1000 pandoras (if I remember correctly). So although it is really good news that a thousand pandoras will ship out to costumers fairly soon we have know idea when the rest will follow. Will there be more delays?

Well we havn't heard any news on the next batch of nubs or the cases. The board company only has nubs for 1000 boards and Craig only has cases for 1000 pandoras (if I remember correctly). So although it is really good news that a thousand pandoras will ship out to costumers fairly soon we have know idea when the rest will follow. Will there be more delays?
no he has alot more than 1000 cases.They have spares for sale too.Cant remember the number though.

no he has alot more than 1000 cases.They have spares for sale too.Cant remember the number though.
Yeah I can recall him saying that. The nubs are only things we are waiting on then after 1000 are shipped. I suspect the nubs won't take too long though. The nubs are probably being mass produced right now (just a guess).

Back