On and on it goes. Still going strong (2011-11-09)

That's a totally normal lead time for ANY cable when you want to produce them.

They are not on stock, they need to be PRODUCED specifically for us
wink.png
Apropos cables... Would you consider stocking a few USB cables with the mini-A plug required to connect devices to the OTG port? I only found one supplier (Lindy), and even there I'd need cable + adapter (OTG mini-A to B plus USB A female to B female).

Old versions of BlackBerry phones used the OTG port as do many of the older external USB HDDs and the like. I even have a tiny mouse that has a female OTG port on it. The cables exist - they're just hard to find.

Excellent news ED, I can't wait to get the news that Pandora's are available with immediate shipping.

Well everybody seems to be happy but myself I really don't understand what is happing now.

about the germain production and the old one ...

I mean you are talking about premium will come soon, looks like the old pandora orders are all delivered?

but I still don't have mine (2 years later) and I don't like to ask questions like "when could I get my pandora" so

I would like just to know what is happening? are all new and old pandora producing in germany ? and can I expect mine before next april?

but I still don't have mine (2 years later) and I don't like to ask questions like "when could I get my pandora" so

I would like just to know what is happening? are all new and old pandora producing in germany ? and can I expect mine before next april?
Take a look at the status page:

http://www.openpando...emid=13&lang=en

Long story short old board company screwed up and didn't produce enough boards for all preorders, so another company is being set up in Germany to do that, which takes time.

I guess it would be nice if somebody did summary page aimed at preorderers, so we could point people there, as currently info is scattered all over the place.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks , if I clearly understand I will get my pandora after December 2011 / January 2012? OK nice it was not after 21 dec 2010 who knows what will happen (maybe a world war 3)

Well everybody seems to be happy but myself I really don't understand what is happing now.

about the germain production and the old one ...

I mean you are talking about premium will come soon, looks like the old pandora orders are all delivered?

You may be interested in my experience with ordering: http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/6024-op-at-replay2011-video/page__p__104374#entry104374

As far as investing goes -- will there be any option for preorderers who have still not recv'd their Pandoras (such as myself) to pay for an upgrade to the newer 1ghz/faster ram boards (mentioned on an earlier post)? -- I know a lot of people who have already recv'd their Pandoras didn't seem happy about that -- but still, waiting 2+ years for something to ship, and still being willing to invest in the project has to be worth something. :D

Also, I know you said you only wanted large 10K+ investors, but would having an alert-pay or dwolla tip-jar (or something) really result in more paperwork? Just "here have some cash, I don't need to be a 1/10000th silent owner who is entitled to your profits -- I just feel like being nice today." -- as for being a "silent" investor, knowing that the biz owners are active to feedback in this public forum is good enough for me, and makes the whole "silent" thing kind of moot. -- Heck, if you really wanted to, you could "sell" "forum badges" -- a little icon that showed up that says "I donated X to the Pandora project because: ...." where people type in random schtuff like "I'm a boss." B)

Edit: Ooh, a Flattr link in EvilDragon's sig -- that seems like a good start. :D

the newer 1ghz/faster ram boards (mentioned on an earlier post)
As far as I know, those aren't happening. Last I was aware, the current word on those was this (quoted from here);

There isn't going to be a 1GHz chip going into Pandora for a long time if ever. We ordered THOUSANDS of 3530's a long time ago thinking that CC would actually produce boards on a schedule and those chips are going to run into batch 3. We can't just tell the distributor, "oh sorry, here take these back" because the parts are in our possession and the deal is done. If you don't want to take my or OP's word for it, you can ask Notaz and maybe other software devs. I discussed this with Notaz ages ago. We both agreed that we would love to go to the DM3730 but we pre-ordered a ton of 3530 stock that prevents any further discussion of such thing unfortunately. ED's wishful thinking has the unfortunate side effect of sounding official and he doesn't deal with parts ordering. Craig and I do (did) but now he knows the situation. Hopefully people keep reading this topic and realize that other than a possibly better paint job, their Pandora will be the same as everyone else. It has to be. We have no choice. We can't just toss $100k+ worth of chips in the garbage.

I assume that everything will be the same with the Pandora, minus the hardware flaws that happened previously.

I would think priorities would be to fix all RMA'S, fulfill first and second batches, honor all refunds and then begin new production in Feb.,yes??

Last edited:
As far as investing goes -- will there be any option for preorderers who have still not recv'd their Pandoras (such as myself) to pay for an upgrade to the newer 1ghz/faster ram boards (mentioned on an earlier post)? -- I know a lot of people who have already recv'd their Pandoras didn't seem happy about that -- but still, waiting 2+ years for something to ship, and still being willing to invest in the project has to be worth something. :D

Also, I know you said you only wanted large 10K+ investors, but would having an alert-pay or dwolla tip-jar (or something) really result in more paperwork? Just "here have some cash, I don't need to be a 1/10000th silent owner who is entitled to your profits -- I just feel like being nice today." -- as for being a "silent" investor, knowing that the biz owners are active to feedback in this public forum is good enough for me, and makes the whole "silent" thing kind of moot. -- Heck, if you really wanted to, you could "sell" "forum badges" -- a little icon that showed up that says "I donated X to the Pandora project because: ...." where people type in random schtuff like "I'm a boss." B)

Edit: Ooh, a Flattr link in EvilDragon's sig -- that seems like a good start. :D
i think the investment minimum was only 2000 euros but pm edd if youre serious.

The tv out cable are from china,oh no that's really bad,expect the cable to be low quality,i prefer peca's custom cable,the original cable won't be any different to custom cable.

Back