Catching up (2012-11-09)

Well, Option 3 usually works via my ship. You get a voucher from Craig which you can use with my shop to get the 1GHz Pandora for a massively reduced price and free shipping.

So you don't send any money to Craig, you send it directly to my account and the unit will ship.

Is there any place that describes this process? Does this also apply to First-Batch to Rebirth Edition upgrades?

Do I just send an email to Jacquelyn, get a voucher from her for what I already paid, and then pay the difference (~$150) at EvilDragon's store?

Thanks,

Alec

Apparently, it's a double down or nothing deal.

You know the 1ghz upgrade isn't a massively reduced price. I sent $330 in 2009 and if I send another $350 to upgrade that comes to a $680 investment for a product that full priced retail is 598.96. So, It actually costs almost $100 more for us suckers that invested in this dream. Fine way to say thank you to your early supporters. There are two reasons people are doing this. They want one badly and don't want to wait another 2 or 3 years or they fear they will never get one at all if they keep waiting and are trying to salvage something out of the money and time invested in Open Pandora.

Fine way to treat a friend who basically loaned Open Pandora interest free money for 3 years.

Well, Option 3 usually works via my ship. You get a voucher from Craig which you can use with my shop to get the 1GHz Pandora for a massively reduced price and free shipping.
So you don't send any money to Craig, you send it directly to my account and the unit will ship.
Is there any place that describes this process? Does this also apply to First-Batch to Rebirth Edition upgrades?

Do I just send an email to Jacquelyn, get a voucher from her for what I already paid, and then pay the difference (~$150) at EvilDragon's store?

Thanks,
Alec
Alec's proposal seems more than fair considering it is what you would be getting anyway if you did nothing. If our start up money got used up with one disaster after another, why do we have to finance the effort to get the queue fulfilled. Why can't it be fulfilled by charging new customers $100 more. Oh, because the market won't support that price. Why do you continue to punish us?

Apparently, it's a double down or nothing deal.

You know the 1ghz upgrade isn't a massively reduced price. I sent $330 in 2009 and if I send another $350 to upgrade
Well that should put you in the short queue of 1Ghz upgraders (I thought you were in the classic queue.) For Craig's company it would cost less to send you a unit than to refund your order, so maybe you should send them an email saying you don't want a refund but a unit instead?

Back