Official Blog Post: Nearly There!

Wouldn't it just figure if they opened up a black hole just as your Pandora arrived?

The way I figure it we'd get to see the event horizon from a unique perspective while going down holding the greatest portable gaming system EVER.

...Cool! :D

Indeed good news. Final Case Parts are one of the last puzzle pieces of the huge (and long) Pandora-Puzzle-odyssey. ^_^
Uh, I noticed that the colour of the final Case doesn't match with the colour of the Keypad-keys. (Keys are much darker than the case) The Final Keypad matt should have the right Colour of the Case I think. ^_^

Creature XL said:
I can't stand teh "almost"-posts anymore.

The mold is ready, test cases should be doen tonite or tomorrow, WHY OH WHY didn't he wait for tomorrow then?
If the test case is (once more) s***t then we have to wait anotehr 2 weeks. But we exspect them to be ready by 1st Dec now.

OK, this time it was a post by ED and not by Craig, however, if only they have waited one more day...
As much as I agree that it would have been more prudent for them to wait another day and then report definitively, the drama and speculation that posts like this generate give us all something to do while we wait.

"Who want's the ride the emotional roller coaster? Tickets are just $300 and the ride lasts 'Two Months'!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Creature XL said:
I can't stand teh "almost"-posts anymore.

The mold is ready, test cases should be doen tonite or tomorrow, WHY OH WHY didn't he wait for tomorrow then?
If the test case is (once more) s***t then we have to wait anotehr 2 weeks. But we exspect them to be ready by 1st Dec now.

OK, this time it was a post by ED and not by Craig, however, if only they have waited one more day...

I'm a little dissapointed in ED being so incautious after all the previous "Oops, well that didn't go as well as we'd hoped" but it's brought a slight smile to my face. This is the first time in weeks that I have thought I might actually get a Pandora.

Yea I remember that warm fuzzy feeling after the Almost There blog post in October. Now that the status has been upgraded to 'Nearly There' the feeling is warmer and fuzzier.

Does anybody have an equation to work out how how much closer to shipping Nearly is as opposed to Almost?
:D

Miner49er said:
This would make Christmas really ace if it were here for then.

Yunno, thinking about it, I would PREFER it to arrive Christmas Day - ace present christmas day, it could transport me back to 1984 when I got my Spectrum 48k on christmas day. What a lovely day that was.

Pandora for XMAS! yay!

Just make sure you ordered the extra RAM pack...Otherwise it'll be a rubbish Christmas. :)

cowai said:
Is there a way to find out my queue number?
shoot an email to the sales team, they should be able to give you an approximation

Miner49er said:
This would make Christmas really ace if it were here for then.

Yunno, thinking about it, I would PREFER it to arrive Christmas Day - ace present christmas day, it could transport me back to 1984 when I got my Spectrum 48k on christmas day. What a lovely day that was.

Pandora for XMAS! yay!
Or...

You get it a few days before Christmas. Wrap it up your self. Bug Crag, ED, and MWeston to make you a little gift tag saying from them to you. Put the tag on the gift. Put the Pandora under the tree.

Then all you have to do is wait and then open it on Christmas!

Consequence9 said:
cowai said:
Is there a way to find out my queue number?
shoot an email to the sales team, they should be able to give you an approximation

What about the German customers who have orderd at ED's shop?

I was one of the last to order when the first dead line ended.
However, there were lots that jumped ship so I MIGHT be under the first 1000.

Just send the damn thing when it is ready. All those predictions are bound to fail.

You know what I think is funny? There are only a couple hundred Pandora owners (maybe 500 tops) that actually regularly check this forum (just at a guess).
Let's suppose that all 500 are magically within the first 1000 that will get sent out. That means about 500 people have no idea what's going on, and may have even long forgotten that they even ordered the bloody thing. They'll just one day be headed out to get the newspaper, and there's a mysterious box waiting for them. And they'll open it up and it'll flood back exactly what it was, but because they haven't been watching the blog and forum, they'll not really have any idea what to do with it. I don't know why, but that is a hilarious thought to me.
And then I'm sure they'll hit google, and find the forum and the repository and everything, and we'll be fending off noobs for weeks. :p

EmuGuy said:
Just make sure you ordered the extra RAM pack...Otherwise it'll be a rubbish Christmas. :)
OMG I lol'd

Pleng said:
Yea I remember that warm fuzzy feeling after the Almost There blog post in October. Now that the status has been upgraded to 'Nearly There' the feeling is warmer and fuzzier.

Does anybody have an equation to work out how how much closer to shipping Nearly is as opposed to Almost?

this reminds me of fourier series, even a infinite sum, and you still never get at the limit

DroneB Dev said:
Pleng said:

this reminds me of fourier series, even a infinite sum, and you still never get at the limit
Good news, we're asymptotically approaching the Pandora.

Back