Official Blog Post - Out Of Nowhere

B-ZaR said:
I think the party house would go up in flames ;)
You're not supposed to take "Let's play Bomberman!" literally, you know. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Kloplop321 said:
There would be a lot of silent people with blank tags (lurkers)

But that would actually be fun at this point, a convention that is.

Inevitably, at some point, someone would stick a 'Chad78' label on a lurker's back, then retreat giggling expectantly.

It looks brilliant even without the matt finishing.

I'm going to need a couple of new memory cards.. it's the final 100m!

Gruso said:
In my experience, meeting people you clash with online usually turns out friendly and entertaining. :D

I have the same experience the more outspoken people tend to be a little shy when outside of the netz

hahaha, i really doubt gerald1 and paradox would even turn near that place.

This is a good forum.

Edit: Especially when you look at that map of everyone. How we are all over the place. Cultural diversity. Good stuff.

Phawx said:
This is a good forum.

Edit: Especially when you look at that map of everyone. How we are all over the place. Cultural diversity. Good stuff.
+1 :)

Phawx said:
This is a good forum.

The love of well-made hardware transcends national borders. ;)

That said, is it an overly negative thing to point out that it's still pretty much a monolinguistic forum? I don't think there are that many Easterners in here, correct me if I'm wrong. Suddenly I'm all curious about the overall demographic... 0.o

There is a google map somewhere ;)

Edit:
http://pandorapress.net/2009/06/17/where-you-at/

I agree, a very good forum. Imagine how good it's going to be once Pandora's start shipping out......funny how lot's of different types of people all share this love for retro gaming, and this device in particular.

Shame it's not going to be with us at christmas, it would have been the perfect time for release, giving us that nostalgic feeling of getting videogames or console at christmas as kids. I always remember my brother getting Shinobi for the Master System, must have been 1990'ish.....even though it was his I knew I'd get a go at some point. Having an older brother did have some perks!

skyeyemachine said:
That said, is it an overly negative thing to point out that it's still pretty much a monolinguistic forum? I don't think there are that many Easterners in here, correct me if I'm wrong. Suddenly I'm all curious about the overall demographic... 0.o
It's not close to monolinguistic. I wouldn't even be surprised if English was the second language of most people here (it's hard to tell with Europeans, because they know their second and third languages very well). i.e. My first language is Russian.

Do I smell a "What's your first language" poll popping up? You all know we need one. I certainly do, haven't had me a good forum poll in a few days and I cant be the only one with an addiction in this place ;)

Also, ace pictures ED!

Esslan said:
Do I smell a "What's your first language" poll popping up? You all know we need one. I certainly do, haven't had me a good forum poll in a few days and I cant be the only one with an addiction in this place ;)

Also, ace pictures ED!

jajaja, i was thinking to do that yesterday, but since my polls arent that widely liked i didnt.

DroneB Dev said:
Esslan said:

Also, ace pictures ED!

jajaja, i was thinking to do that yesterday, but since my polls arent that widely liked i didnt.

Forgive my ignorance then; I have to remember I'm a newcomer here. But as far as I've seen, all the major threads in the Pandora section, at least, were in English. I think a poll would be interesting. :)

skyeyemachine said:
DroneB Dev said:
Esslan said:

Also, ace pictures ED!

Forgive my ignorance then; I have to remember I'm a newcomer here. But as far as I've seen, all the major threads in the Pandora section, at least, were in English. I think a poll would be interesting. :)
Well, this is the English-language boards. I know there's substantial crossover with the Spanish and German communities, but they have their own boards, so there's no need to have multi-lingual threads here. :)

Also, if you put polls like this in the off-topic section no one will mind :p

Tom` said:
skyeyemachine said:
DroneB Dev said:
Esslan said:

Also, ace pictures ED!

Well, this is the English-language boards. I know there's substantial crossover with the Spanish and German communities, but they have their own boards, so there's no need to have multi-lingual threads here. :)

Also, if you put polls like this in the off-topic section no one will mind :p
Ah, I never saw any links to the other language boards, so I made the questionable assumption that they didn't exist. I am Error. :p

mali said:
There is a google map somewhere ;)

Edit:
http://pandorapress.net/2009/06/17/where-you-at/
I suspect someone's been fiddling with the map. I was listed, but I was floating about in the middle of Europe instead of Australia, for some reason.

If you've added yourself previously, it's probably worth double-checking your location is still correct (if you care, that is).

Back