Official Blog Post - Out Of Nowhere

WizardStan said:
DroneB Dev said:
of course everyone wants good Q or they would have released it long ago, also we have to remember these are test parts!.
By "long ago" you mean last week? Or did you forget that we've been waiting on the factory to finish the mould for the last several months? :p
i mean all parts of the project

they could have just left less revisions on the boards and on the mould flaws that would have let everything run faster
so we could get the first MP even for all pre-orders bef xmas

but they did not!

Last edited by a moderator:
DroneB Dev said:
they could have just left less revisions on the boards and on the mould flaws that would have let everything run faster
so we could get the first MP even for all pre-orders bef xmas

but they did not!
They could have stopped doing revisions to the board, but then they would have been set doing absolutely nothing for months while we waited for the case moulds to be finished. That's what I mean, it's only been the last couple of weeks that delays have been caused in the interest of making things perfect. All board delays were inconsequential as we were still waiting for the cases anyway.

Removed some of the more pointless and petty bickering.

Paradox had an issue with the fit and finish. It was a reasonable issue, as were the first several responses. Then, out of nowhere, there was a page and a half of jackassery. Next time someone has a problem and it is reasonably addressed, stop there.

Kagato said:
DroneB Dev said:
the horrid flaw on MW vid (under 1 and del keys) either looks perfect (chose the best case for ED) or they seem somehow a photoshoped fix.

I'm no authority on the subject, but I strongly suspect the "horrid flaw" in question was just someone using the wrong length screws and driving them straight through the casing without realising... :)

Yes. It was a screw up.

Chip said:
Removed some of the more pointless and petty bickering.
Yeah, good call. Don't know why I bit this time; won't happen again.

readln said:
Kagato said:
DroneB Dev said:
the horrid flaw on MW vid (under 1 and del keys) either looks perfect (chose the best case for ED) or they seem somehow a photoshoped fix.

I'm no authority on the subject, but I strongly suspect the "horrid flaw" in question was just someone using the wrong length screws and driving them straight through the casing without realising... :)

Yes. It was a screw up.
http://instantrimshot.com/

Don't forget these are close-ups.
I didn't even see most of those minor flaws that you found here while using and playing with the Pandora.

The more obvious ones (shrinking, L/R-Buttons) are already being fixed (or fixed already).
The most important thing is that the keyboard AND Gaming controls really do feel perfect. And they do :D Believe me (or come visit craig or me).

So the changes are minor, the next revision of the cases should be perfect :)

Small question how is the battery connection, is the battery firmly in place and 'forced' upon those connections. Just wondering. It'll probably be good.

I often wonder, if there was a mass meet up of everyone on the forums, with everyone wearing badges with their screen names on, would some people literally attack each other?

Gruso said:
In my experience, meeting people you clash with online usually turns out friendly and entertaining. :D

I suspected as much! There's a comedy sketch in this somewhere

Sugar_Kane said:
I often wonder, if there was a mass meet up of everyone on the forums, with everyone wearing badges with their screen names on, would some people literally attack each other?

The potential with size and age differences would be hilarious.

Such a convention would need a Mario Kart tournament accompanied with heavy drinking. Bringing up the button layout or silkscreening would end in half the guest list spending their night in custody.

There would be a lot of silent people with blank tags (lurkers)

But that would actually be fun at this point, a convention that is.

Back