Official Blog- Ash-Gray

jumpman said:
Hi Ed, Is the mould factory still planning to ship out or at least be prepared to ship by tommorow the 1000 case order? The 20th was due to be the completion day right? I'm sure the order can be shipped from China, and then sorted out by what ever delivery service is used in regards to the valcano situation!

I don't know if they will be shipped tomorrow - I'm not sure any delivery service picks up goods that go to UK at the moment until they catched up.

Also, has anyone said if the remaing 3000 cases have been approved to start production, or does the the team still plan to wait until the first thousand arrive to confirm quality? Just wondering!

We're still waiting, as we'll need more time to produce the first 1000 than the production of the rest of the cases will take.

Fzero said:
What was EDs prediction on the ash colour? I can't understand one word of german, just nine

It wasn't about the ash color - it was about the volcanic eruption.
You can switch on English subtitles :)

Last edited:
Zotty said:
So, anyone using those lottery numbers? :lol:
I intend to. Jackpot is 41 million, and they're as good as any other random number :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I dare to conclude from the video that he didn't predict but rather arranged the eruption. You can see him press a button right after he said that...

Can I have a similar button on my Pandora please? And/or other cool stuff, like a switch-traffic-lights-button or spy-sattelite-control-schemes?

Pretty please?

EvilDragon said:
We're still waiting, as we'll need more time to produce the first 1000 than the production of the rest of the cases will take.

What, specifically are you going to be waiting for? Are you planning on making more changes/tweaks? Are you going to be trying other things (silkscreen, colors, whatever)? Because if you're not going to alter anything, what's the motivation behind the delay? Given the past experience with the case manufacturer, I would have thought the best plan is to get the order in as soon as possible, so if they take longer than they claim, it doesn't cause further delays...

benji_stein said:
EvilDragon said:

What, specifically are you going to be waiting for? Are you planning on making more changes/tweaks? Are you going to be trying other things (silkscreen, colors, whatever)? Because if you're not going to alter anything, what's the motivation behind the delay? Given the past experience with the case manufacturer, I would have thought the best plan is to get the order in as soon as possible, so if they take longer than they claim, it doesn't cause further delays...
I had the same thoughts like you and already wrote something similar into the german Thread. :lol: Good to know that my worries not just lonley paranoia of me alone. ^^

Rathum said:
EvilDragon said:
marshal said:
I hope painting those cases won't be a 2 month job :)

I can't believe EvilDragon predicted the volcanic eruption ! Next times don't talk about what could go wrong :p

I will never do that again. It's scary :eek:

Quick! Predict that the only thing that can delay the project now is if several billion dollars are mysteriously deposited in your bank account!

Just out of curiosity, how so? You'll need a condition for a delay, like, an extra day so that they could afford to give one away free to every non-trolling regular member of these forums who hasn't ordered. And an extra day to make more so that PSP-fanboys immune to logic shut up at the awesomeness of the Pandora.

Jourdy288 said:
Rathum said:
EvilDragon said:
marshal said:
I hope painting those cases won't be a 2 month job :)

I can't believe EvilDragon predicted the volcanic eruption ! Next times don't talk about what could go wrong :p

I will never do that again. It's scary :eek:

Quick! Predict that the only thing that can delay the project now is if several billion dollars are mysteriously deposited in your bank account!

Just out of curiosity, how so? You'll need a condition for a delay, like, an extra day so that they could afford to give one away free to every non-trolling regular member of these forums who hasn't ordered. And an extra day to make more so that PSP-fanboys immune to logic shut up at the awesomeness of the Pandora.

I'm sure there would be some sort of account freeze while they figure out where the hell he got the money. He would obviously need a few days to plan out what he's going to do with the money. Then comes the massive party he would obviously throw. Honestly, I wouldn't blame them for a delay if ED suddenly got a massive fortune.

Rathum said:
I'm sure there would be some sort of account freeze while they figure out where the hell he got the money. He would obviously need a few days to plan out what he's going to do with the money. Then comes the massive party he would obviously throw. Honestly, I wouldn't blame them for a delay if ED suddenly got a massive fortune.

The delay will surely be caused not by account freeze but by the spontaneous lack of vital members of the team and copy of an ominous plane blimp-ticket to Barbados.

EvilDragon said:
Also, has anyone said if the remaing 3000 cases have been approved to start production, or does the the team still plan to wait until the first thousand arrive to confirm quality? Just wondering!
It's too late now but I feel that once the Chinese factory were upto full speed making cases that were of a standard that M Weston approved of, OP should have got them to make the full 4,000 (or even 10,000). As we all know this 'project' has an unfortunate habit of encountering Sods Law (if it can go wrong it will go wrong!), so making hay whilst the sun shone, may have been a wiser choice.

benji_stein said:
EvilDragon said:

+1

svs-57 said:
benji_stein said:
EvilDragon said:

+1

I think what there waiting for is actually seeing the actual first 1000 cases.. seeing if they live up to the quality of the samples. I'd do the same thing.

They have tested this cases for long time.
It's time to stop tests and start production.

cat said:
Can I have a similar button on my Pandora please? And/or other cool stuff, like a switch-traffic-lights-button
If the Pandora can't change traffic signals like in Hackers, I'm not buying it

svs-57 said:
They have tested this cases for long time.
It's time to stop tests and start production.
They've seen what a handful of mass production samples look like. They just need to see if that quality is replicated with 1,000 cases, before getting another 3,000 / 9,000 however many done. It's the sensible thing to do. :) They don't have to ship samples out to all corners of the earth like before, hopefully it's just a matter of opening up the first package they get in the UK and saying "these are good, now make the rest."

TrashyMG said:
I think what there waiting for is actually seeing the actual first 1000 cases.. seeing if they live up to the quality of the samples. I'd do the same thing.
MWeston has already received samples of the actual first 1000 cases: one unpainted, one painted black (the colour they are going with), and one painted grey.

edit: :ph34r:
Gruso said:
They just need to see if that quality is replicated with 1,000 cases, before getting another 3,000 / 9,000 however many done.
Ok, I guess that's reasonable. The samples sent to MWeston could have been cherry picked.

WizardStan said:
TrashyMG said:
MWeston has already received samples of the actual first 1000 cases: one unpainted, one painted black (the colour they are going with), and one painted grey.

edit: :ph34r:
Gruso said:
They just need to see if that quality is replicated with 1,000 cases, before getting another 3,000 / 9,000 however many done.
Ok, I guess that's reasonable. The samples sent to MWeston could have been cherry picked.

Well I guess if I say the same thing as Gruso first it's wrong...

I know about the samples sent the MWeston, it's easy to pick a few good cases out of a big batch.. That's why it's important to see the quality in a larger batch.

TrashyMG said:
You didn't say the same thing. You didn't mention the production cases that were sent to MWeston, and Gruso explicitly mentioned replicating that success across 1000. Sorry, your post does look to me like you forgot that MWeston had received cases from the actual production run.

WizardStan said:
TrashyMG said:
You didn't say the same thing. You didn't mention the production cases that were sent to MWeston, and Gruso explicitly mentioned replicating that success across 1000. Sorry, your post does look to me like you forgot that MWeston had received cases from the actual production run.

did I not mention the samples in the sentence I wrote? It was what I was referring to.

TrashyMG said:
did I not mention the samples in the sentence I wrote? It was what I was referring to.
You did say samples. I thought you were referring to the original samples, not the production samples. Sorry.

Back