Surprise Attack! (New Blog Post)

alerino

From the mainpage: Surprise Attack!
Saturday, 24 April 2010 12:16 EvilDragon

Yesterday, we were in for quite a surprise!

On Thursday, air traffic was back to a regular state - but delivery services (like UPS) have quite a backlog and need some time to catch up.
They told us, our shipment won't arrive before early next week.

Therefore, Craig was quite surprised when he found a note left by UPS yesterday at his door that there had been a shipment for him - and that they left it to a neighbouring business.

And there he found it: The shipment from Texas. Lying around on the grass, visible for everyone - and nobody was really paying attention to it.
Quickly he delivered the packages to where they belong - and now everything is safe and sound. Still a scary thought that about half a million USD were lying around on the grass...

Anyways, that does mean: The boards, LCD, WiFi Antennas and some other minor things have arrived in the UK!

Now we need to wait for the cases. Those cases have been produced and painted, but as it looks like, UPS won't pick them up until sometime next week (I guess they try to deliver the stalled shipments first and then start picking up new ones once their back in normal state).

As usual, we'll let you know when UPS picked things up (well, if they tell us... as said, we didn't know the boards would arrive yesterday ;))

I've actually been zoning out the last few weeks, as to not over tax myself into a frenzy. :p

So, besides the cases and the boards, does Craig have 4000 of everything else(lcd's, nubs:8000, stickers, batteries, ect.)?

I'm just trying to make sure I'm on the same page as everyone else. So the only things the team will need in upcoming weeks/months is the remaining order of cases(3000-9000), and the steady flow of boards from Texas correct?

Chris

So waiiit, is this 1000 boards or 4000? it says about half a million dollars, which is much more than cost of 1000 pandoras...

Patrick R Ludvigsen said:
So waiiit, is this 1000 boards or 4000? it says about half a million dollars, which is much more than cost of 1000 pandoras...
AFAIK only the ~700 board which require the WiFi fix, but the other stuff in the packages like the LCDs are already for all 4000.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feels like we are finally getting there! It will not be too much longer now. Maybe just two WEEKS! :)

DixieDawg said:
Feels like we are finally getting there! It will not be too much longer now. Maybe just two WEEKS! :)

I wouldn't bet on two weeks. :lol:

Let's say the cases arrive in England next week (maybe Friday). Then some people need to travel over to England, which also needs to be arranged. Then some meet and greet in the hall, a little instructions here and there, some building, some shipping... Yah, probably a bit more than two weeks. I'm willing to place some money on the first week of June 2010.

Anyways, fantastic news. I'm getting really exited here.

Ow, last night I also dreamed of THE Pandora launch party. LOL, this stuff is getting inside my head! :lol:

"2 Weeks" has been the new "2 months" for awhile now. :p

The team should book there transportation once they have a for sure delivery/arrival confirmation from China. So assembly could start in 2 weeks, but it would definetly be at or around the 14 day! ;) On or around May 8th seems possible, but so did April 8th at one point in time!

I believe Michael will get there first, so he can start the swap out on the 700 boards, so hopefully he can get a jump on them with Craig, and then once the cases arrive there will be a good amount done, and ready to roll. Also, at this point Texas should be getting done with another batch soon, so even if the don't get them all done, they can just use the new ones from Texas.

Chris

well i presume that at the point where we have the UPS numbers and stuff for the cases and theyre well on their way people will book their flights, mweston will go and start soldering and prepare everyone for assembly, etc. just to get a little ahead of the game.

it of course all hinges on the cases but if they are in the uk by friday the 7th, i think we could see pandoras in peoples hands before the end of the month.

i am pretty much hoping beyond all reason that i get mine by the 21st when i go to america but it wouldnt be the end of the world if i didnt.

Mithrildor said:
matzesu said:
Meye we can hear the Text on the Sticker??, Because on the Pix whe dont can read much.. :blink:

Indeed. I want better sticker and board pic. Also send ED one of those so he can make vid.

No thanks, it isnt very important, better they produce all Pandoras as fast as they can, whe dont need to waste more time to make pics, a real live own pandora is way better than 200000 Pics.. :lol:

EvilDragon said:
You can read what's on the sticker when you get it ;)

Confirmed: ED doesn't know that the sticker says.
tongue.gif

(Nah, I'd give 20:1 odds he was the one who designed it.) Anyway, you can actually make out a lot if you look hard enough.

Attachments

• tongue.gif
    tongue.gif
    698 bytes · Views: 92
So, what's next? Is MWeston coming to fix the transistors and start the assembly (with the stuff that is not related to cases), or would you need the cases to arrive and start everything at once?

Alec  said:
So, what's next? Is MWeston coming to fix the transistors and start the assembly (with the stuff that is not related to cases), or would you need the cases to arrive and start everything at once?
Well I hope so as craigix will still be quivering with rage for another 2 weeks or more.

@ED - TIA for the kind words we're not sure of yet. :)

BackAssward said:
Confirmed: ED doesn't know that the sticker says.
tongue.gif

(Nah, I'd give 20:1 odds he was the one who designed it.) Anyway, you can actually make out a lot if you look hard enough.
I like those odds. I'll take $1
If he is, whoopdie doo, it's a dollar. If not, I can buy a couple of lunches next week :D

Attachments

• tongue.gif
    tongue.gif
    698 bytes · Views: 95
Back