Surprise Attack! (New Blog Post)

EvilDragon said:
BackAssward said:
(Nah, I'd give 20:1 odds he was the one who designed it.)

That is correct ;)
Damn, WizardStan would owe me a buck if I took his bet. Simply put though... after seeing your battery cover design, it would be foolish to *not* think you designed the stickers too.

I hope the adhesive is enough to make it a permanent sticker and not something that peals off easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
IT's going to be great....i would give it about 2 months TOPS before we get our pandoras!!
So just so i'm not confused, 700 boards are getting fixed NOW by whomever and the rest have been built without the wifi problem? and we are only waiting on the cases?
CAN"T WAIT

Cpt Ezz said:
IT's going to be great....i would give it about 2 months TOPS before we get our pandoras!!
So just so i'm not confused, 700 boards are getting fixed NOW by whomever and the rest have been built without the wifi problem? and we are only waiting on the cases?
CAN"T WAIT

As soon as the cases arrive we will start building and shipping units right away. I'd guess in the first day we might only ship a few dozen units, but I bet that will get the forum and development going pretty quick.

I can't wait until you have them in your hands, I can't wait to see what the Pandora can be made to do. This keeps us going.

Excellent news! Finally some thrilling news! Great!

Web cam idea still happening?

craigix said:
Cpt Ezz said:
CAN"T WAIT

As soon as the cases arrive we will start building and shipping units right away. I'd guess in the first day we might only ship a few dozen units, but I bet that will get the forum and development going pretty quick.

I can't wait until you have them in your hands, I can't wait to see what the Pandora can be made to do. This keeps us going.

And simply put, what keeps us waiting! Once the last of the 4000 units has been shipped there will be an OP team sigh of relief and a customer cry of joy that will cause scientists for ages to analyze the strange phenomenon that occurred that day.

Man this sucks I got a Google order check out link sent to me for the first batch like 2 days ago, after convincing my folks I wanted a Pandora I have to wait. My dad is set on waiting for reviews and bug fixes and says I need to wait for the 2nd batch which I kind of doubt will be ready by my birthday (June 28th).

Hold on to the checkout link for as long as they (OPT) will let you. You might have enough time to see the first ones delivered (at which point there will be a ton of reviews and feedback) and still have time to get into the first batch. ;)

what number of boards did they end up bing in that package 700? 1000? 4000?

apologizes if this was answered already.

jb0yx said:
what number of boards did they end up bing in that package 700? 1000? 4000?

apologizes if this was answered already.
Pretty sure it was just the first 700.

Gruso said:
Hold on to the checkout link for as long as they (OPT) will let you. You might have enough time to see the first ones delivered (at which point there will be a ton of reviews and feedback) and still have time to get into the first batch. ;)
Thank you for you're kind words that is like a grace from the gods if that works :)

craigix said:
Cpt Ezz said:
CAN"T WAIT

So how many boards did you end up getting in that shipment ? 700 ? or was that the 1000 ?

Thanks

craigix said:

Don't you want to test them, or the boards, before shipping?

Gruso said:
The boards are tested thoroughly before leaving Texas. A quick power up and test of the main functions is probably all they need to do before shipping.
I partially agree. Some places also do a response test directly on the board itself. e.g. electrodes on a test bed that contact many places and test the responses of the circuitry. I can't comment if this manufacturing plant does that with these boards. When I was at the Toshiba plant, it was a usual thing.

Are the chinese building more cases by now, since they shipped the first ones and cases are good for mass production ?

TylerAW said:
Gruso said:
Thank you for you're kind words that is like a grace from the gods if that works :)
A Pandora in the hand is worth two in the 2nd Batch. Order it. It may have its flaws but it will still be largely usable.
And if you're geek enough for it then the this in itself is fun. Waiting for this patch or that patch to be developed and release.

2nd Batch may be a while off (4-6 months - guessing). The OPT has said that the OS/software is the next focus and they'll want a rest from natural disasters, translation problems, resistors and delivery men. Parts are on order so I'm sure they'll not sit on them for too long.

Reyhn said:
Are the chinese building more cases by now, since they shipped the first ones and cases are good for mass production ?
Good question. There was going to be a quality check after the first 700/1000 cases. MWeston has seen the new painted cases and is happy with it.
Not sure if that was enough for the final go-ahead for the remainder of the 10,000, of if the OPT want to build a few for real first.

Back