Official Blog- Ash-Gray

Qwertyuiop

New blog post by ED:

Ash-Gray

Did you know I can foresee the future?

I didn't know myself - but Mae (a user from the German Community) has found out that I actually predicted the volcanic eruption back when I held my presentation about OpenSource handhelds...

Go check it out yourself, it starts at about 4:20:
The lottery numbers for next week are: 3, 17, 23, 35, 45, 49 and 22. Don't bet on it, though!

Okay, now for some real news:

As you probably already found out, there was a volcanic eruption in Iceland which caused chaos to the european air traffic. No flights are currently going to and from UK. As the boards in Dallas were already picked up last week, we hoped that they were already in UK, maybe sitting at the customs, when that all happened.
Well, unfortunately, that was not the case. They didn't go on a direct flight from Dallas to UK, but were routed via some other airport in USA. And that's where they are still waiting for the moment. I guess 1t shipments do not go the same routes a small packages ;)

UPS is currently rerouting their shipments, we don't have an update yet when the boards will arrive, but I'm sure UPS is working as fast as possible to get it all sorted out. The production of the remaining boards is still going on, of course.

Next, onto the cases:

Since the volcanic eruption gave us some more time, we decided to tweak the cases some mor.... naaaah! Just kidding!

The first 1000 cases have been fully produced and will be painted black! Why? Heck, because it's worth it! Just check the following picture:

Left: Unpainted. Right: Black Painted. Bottom: Ash Grey Painted.

Definately looking beautiful. Want more? Well, here you go:

Left: Black Paint. Right: Grey Paint.

I'll let you know as soon a we get more information from UPS on when the shipping will continue. As long as the cases aren't finished painting, we won't have lost any time due to the volcano. Let's just hope it REALLY decides to stop spitting ash into the air and the delivery services will catch up with the lost days soon!
http://www.open-pandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=2&Itemid=2&lang=en

Last edited by a moderator:
Britain: WTF Iceland?!? Why did you send us volcanic ash ? Our airspace has shut down. Iceland: What ? It's what you asked for isn't it ? Britain: NO! Cash! Cash you dyslexic fuck. CASH! Iceland: woooops... To the British and Dutch Governments: There is no C in the Icelandic alphabet, so when you ask for Cash, all you get is Ash...

I fell in love with those painted pandoras <3

I hope painting those cases won't be a 2 month job :)

I can't believe EvilDragon predicted the volcanic eruption ! Next times don't talk about what could go wrong :p

marshal said:

I can't believe EvilDragon predicted the volcanic eruption ! Next times don't talk about what could go wrong :p

I will never do that again. It's scary :eek:

Last edited:
Hi Ed, Is the mould factory still planning to ship out or at least be prepared to ship by tommorow the 1000 case order? The 20th was due to be the completion day right? I'm sure the order can be shipped from China, and then sorted out by what ever delivery service is used in regards to the valcano situation!

Also, has anyone said if the remaing 3000 cases have been approved to start production, or does the the team still plan to wait until the first thousand arrive to confirm quality? Just wondering!

Thank Again,
Chris

Since the volcanic eruption gave us some more time, we decided to tweak the cases some mor.... naaaah! Just kidding!

When I read this I almost started crying before I could even finish the sentence. Just happy that the case production is not in a factory in iceland filled with ash.

I am sad ,i always liked the ash gray painted Pandora but always thought it was an unpainted model with the regular finish as to show the difference with the unpainted model with markings on the top.Hey Ed with that nice Gray model did you paint the buttons/controls ? and will gray be on offer in the future as a shell replacment.

Thanks for the update btw

Paddy

:p

EvilDragon said:
marshal said:

I will never do that again. It's scary :eek:

Quick! Predict that the only thing that can delay the project now is if several billion dollars are mysteriously deposited in your bank account!

jumpman said:
Hi Ed, Is the mould factory still planning to ship out or at least be prepared to ship by tommorow the 1000 case order? The 20th was due to be the completion day right? I'm sure the order can be shipped from China, and then sorted out by what ever delivery service is used in regards to the valcano situation!

Also, has anyone said if the remaing 3000 cases have been approved to start production, or does the the team still plan to wait until the first thousand arrive to confirm quality? Just wondering!

Thank Again,
Chris
+1
I would imagine a lot of people would like to know the answers of these 2 questions.

paddy said:
Hey Ed with that nice Gray model did you paint the buttons/controls ?
craigix said:
It fits together great and actually passes Michaels QC.

They did paint the controls on the grey one, but we won't be going with that, or with painting the controls.

Next catastrophe -- the tonnage of boxes will be all separated and lost across different shipping routes, airports, trains, etc. There will be a community effort to locate the missing pieces :)

jeff

He is sooo evil! :D

marshal said:

I'm glad that he didn't mention an Alien Invasion. :ph34r:

What was EDs prediction on the ash colour? I can't understand one word of german, just nine

Back