Nothing to show, but a lot happened.

His English has got a lot better since he arrived here, and I rather like his phraseology too. It no longer makes his posts hard to read and just adds a little colour to the place :)
+1  ^^

However, a grammar/translate plugin never hurts, I use one myself to check if a word I typed really exist in english when I re-translate it. :D It helps alot with grammer, of course not much with complex sentences and word combinations, damn english syntax. ^^"

Last edited by a moderator:
However, a grammar/translate plugin never hurts, I use one myself to check if a word I typed really exist in english when I re-translate it. :D It helps alot with grammer, of course not much with complex sentences and word combinations, damn english syntax. ^^"
Your plug-in seems not so good to work. The checker needs maybe checked be?

If you yourself ask what is now happened with _wb_'s language use: I am now simply to writing English on the Dutch manner. Just for the fun! :)

(I can it do also in the manner French if you it want)

Please no grammar NAZI's !! lol

I think it is impolite to point out mistakes in others unless they have asked for help in improving their post legibility.

Some users write English better than some of the native english speakers , and i include myself in this.

there has been very few times that i have not been able to understand what was written . In those cases a polite "I did not understand your post,what did you mean? " is all that is needed

not the Spanish Inquisition on someons lack of grammar.

I think it is impolite to point out mistakes in others unless they have asked for help in improving their post legibility.
On a forum, maybe, but in normal conversation I think it is polite to help someone learn/improve a language by politely correcting mistakes. If everyone just silently ignores your errors as long as they understand you, it gets very hard to master a language.

I made a similar assumption that everyone types handheld on the Pandora, using their thumbs, but as I recall a few people popped up and assured me they typed with the pandora on a desk. Why they'd do this is still beyond me, but I understand it to be done.
I did not buy the Pandora to be a laptop replacement, but thanks to the Pandora I now rarely take my laptop to work.

That pretty much summarizes why I also use it on a table. I've written very, very long texts with it. As well as filled countless spreadsheets by now. And of course, non-work-related, I've spent many hours coding.

The Pandora keyboard sucks when compared to several PDAs and even early smartphones from the 90's and 00's era, yet it runs circles around any modern day alternative even remotely in the same form factor. In a way it is sad that the simple existence of a keyboard can be such a cool thing these days...

Some users write English better than some of the native english speakers , and i include myself in this.
Why didn't I notice that some users write English better than some? I didn't even notice that mazetsu used non-English words lol. I think that I quickly read words and it organizes its own in my head no matter what location and spelling, that's why my english no longer improves.

In a way it is sad that the simple existence of a keyboard can be such a cool thing these days...
That's why the keyboard have to be awesome as it's one of the main quality of the Pyra. I am ready to pay much for a high-end keyboard and I think that we are many.

Your plug-in seems not so good to work. The checker needs maybe checked be?
What's wrong? ^^"

Again, grammar and syntax are 2 different things, and yes, sentences are built completely different in german and english so sorry if I mix up the order of words sometimes. I'm also pretty lazy when it comes to capital letters or not, in english (English???) everything seems to be written in lower case, even Nouns... confusing, really.  :unsure:

So, enough off-topic from my side. ^^"

The internet* has made me very lazy in my capitalisation. I forget these days what, apart from people's names and the first word in a sentence needs to be capitalised. Thankfully, nobody seems to get upset if I forget to capitalise their country name.

* I recall MS Word's grammar checker wanted me to capitalise 'internet'. What what now?

There is only one Internet, and it is called Internet, so it is a proper noun. There are many intranets though -- lots of companies and organizations have an intranet. But there is only one Internet.

But if you join two intranets you get an internet. Apparently it's the BBC's style not to capitalise the word, as well as a number of newspapers, and thinking of it, that must be where I picked up my style from, as when I first joined the internet, the word wasn't mentioned very often on it - all the RFCs and that don't care if they're running on a simple network or the world's network.

But if you join two intranets you get an internet. Apparently it's the BBC's style not to capitalise the word, as well as a number of newspapers, and thinking of it, that must be where I picked up my style from, as when I first joined the internet, the word wasn't mentioned very often on it - all the RFCs and that don't care if they're running on a simple network or the world's network.
Joining two intranets just gives a bigger intranet. It becomes only internet if it's connected to "the outside world". At least that's how I use the words.

I also prefer the non-capitalized spelling of the word "internet", but I can see the rationale for capitalizing it.

Keyboards use to be a cool thing, it was the way you could give input to your PC. People also used typewriters and had very high demands for how a keyboard should feel compared to a typewriter.

Today it's just low price, most people hardly use it. Just type some lol omg and your done, not wondering how the keyboard would be like; typing an actual letter or a long story.

Good keyboards are to expensive so they die out. I hope the Pyra finds a reasonable ('best ED wants to add') keyboard.

Please no grammar NAZI's !! lol

there has been very few times that i have not been able to understand what was written . In those cases a polite "I did not understand your post,what did you mean? " is all that is needed

not the Spanish Inquisition on someons lack of grammar.
It was a suggestion because his footer says: "Please excuse my English, i did had french in Shool (but my English is better)".

And as English is not my main language I use the plug-in to help me out with the syntax, it really helps me, so it was meant as a well-meant tip.

Hopefully the Pyra supports spell checking as-well, I really need it :)

I didn't even know that some native English speakers still know this word - how whimsical. ^^

I'm reading (mostly old) english literature all the time, it's "Moby Dick" atm (which is rather hard to read), hopefully this will improve my English in some way, because I know that you native speakers may be suffering from us a lot, but at least we bring you gadgets (Pandora/Pyra), RPGs (Gothic) and point-and-click adventures (all the Daedalic games, Tunguska, etc...) ;)

I'm reading (mostly old) english literature all the time, it's "Moby Dick" atm (which is rather hard to read)
"Moby Dick" is the only book I've ever started reading and never finished. It really is the most tedious story and very poorly written.

The worst book I've ever read though was "Outpost" by Adam Baker - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Outpost-Adam-Baker/dp/1444709046/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1402867268&sr=1-1&keywords=outpost+adam+baker#reader_1444709046    

Go to the "Look Inside" bit and go to the first page of the story (Page 5).

Strangely the actual book I have starts with the third paragraph;  "Jane was fat." Just read that page, you don't need to read any more. The book doesn't get any better. It's utter garbage.

I'm reading (mostly old) english literature all the time, it's "Moby Dick" atm (which is rather hard to read)
"Moby Dick" is the only book I've ever started reading and never finished. It really is the most tedious story and very poorly written.
I've read the first 20% now and still hope, that it will get better.

Best book I've read in the last time (besides the usual Terry Pratchett now and then) definitely was "The Picture of Dorian Gray" from "Oscar Wilde".

PS:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/iDbyYGrswtg?feature=oembed

ThugNotes sums it up quite nicely:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=PLghL9V9QTN0jTgA1qrhWrBCB_Ln4xlVlBAltough I only read the translation, I found it to be quite an enjoyable read - just rush through all that "whale science" stuff. I may have been top of the notch knowledge about whales back then, today it certainly isn't.
Hmm, we may need a literature corner...

Back