No Pandoras Until After The Weekend

craigix said:
People collecting in person will have theirs today.

bugger, if i thought i was in a position (in line numbers) to have collected i'd have driven up from Manc with a bottle of Bison Grass for the assemblers. it's a beautiful day for a nice relaxing drive listening to some tunes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Butterman said:
Oh damn, I really, really need to buy a car, I'd so be there picking mine up <_<
Life is getting in the way else I'd offer you a lift. (plus the little fact that I'm too far down the queue :()

How do you choose to collect in person? im in first 300-400 so maybe interested if i could do it tomorrow.

stustaff said:
How do you choose to collect in person? im in first 300-400 so maybe interested if i could do it tomorrow.
You don't. You wait to be invited (emailed). Next week-end may be the time for you.

may88 said:
stustaff said:
You don't. You wait to be invited (emailed). Next week-end may be the time for you.

yeh I guessed that might be the case,

hopefully they will push on to about 75 aday so hopefully mine will be built by Friday :)

I am just wondering if i can pick mine up tommorow ,how would i ask OPT/Craig if i can do this ? it's only two hours drive.

The answer's a few posts up. ;)

may88 said:
stustaff said:
You don't. You wait to be invited (emailed).

Prometheus said:

may88 said:
stustaff said:
Is that confirmed?
If your willing to work for it, you'd probably be able to leave with one regardless of queue pos.

Edit:
To clarify my view. I doubt there would be hundreds of people who would be able to lend a hand, and the odd person working would be able to increase the amount built by a fair bit I would have thought. Quicker we get them all shipping out the better. Obviously just my point of view.

Na-Noo said:
Prometheus said:

may88 said:
stustaff said:
Is that confirmed?
If your willing to work for it, you'd probably be able to leave with one regardless of queue pos.

Edit:
To clarify my view. I doubt there would be hundreds of people who would be able to lend a hand, and the odd person working would be able to increase the amount built by a fair bit I would have thought. Quicker we get them all shipping out the better. Obviously just my point of view.

Yeah, but the trouble is trusting strangers on the internet.

Firstly you'd never know if the person coming to help would really be able to assemble those Pandoras or if they would just sit in a corner eying one off because they can't solder.

The second, and more important, issue is that some of the volunteers may snap and bite Craig in an attempt to get their Pandora. I know I would.

EDIT: Wow, that's a creepy joke. Remind me to get more sleep.

fearofshorts said:

Firstly you'd never know if the person coming to help would really be able to assemble those Pandoras or if they would just sit in a corner eying one off because they can't solder.

The second, and more important, issue is that some of the volunteers may snap and bite Craig in an attempt to get their Pandora. I know I would.

Have you ever done volunteer work before? I've never seen this happen. Believe it or not, most people would rather be helpful than act like a knob.

SomeGuy99 said:
fearofshorts said:

Have you ever done volunteer work before? I've never seen this happen. Believe it or not, most people would rather be helpful than act like a knob.
And there's probably jobs that don't require that level of know how.

Na-Noo said:

X68000 confirmed this, so yes.

Even just making cups of tea and sandwiches is very helpful, and trust me, it's always appreciated. There's also the related job of washing up pots!

The guy or girl who brings you refreshing liquid or hearty food is always popular.

SomeGuy99 said:
Na-Noo said:
Even just making cups of tea and sandwiches is very helpful, and trust me, it's always appreciated. There's also the related job of washing up pots!

Me needs coffee. Lot of coffee. That's the fuel I run with :D

Last edited:
craigix said:
People collecting in person will have theirs today.

Even though I'm at the end of the queue can I come and collect? ;) ;)

I wish... :D (Send me a PM if I can though. LOL.)

Hey ED

What kind of coffee you like the best mate?

Myself I'm a cup of tea bloke, but don't mind a latte every now and then hehe :)

I'm so excited about recieving my little Panda it's not funny. Should get my unit in 3 days I hope :)

Hi, new member around here.

I'm interested into ordering pandora. I found this store, it says "The price is $330. Very few are available now, but at the time of writing there are some still available from the first batch."

But it looks like old information, right? If I order one now (from where, what is the quickest way to get one), how long it might take?

Back