Nk Qtopia For Gp2x

I've noticed that Qtopia only allocates about 30MB of RAM. Since Qtopia uses almost all of that (it leaves about 870KB), some games/apps don't run...

I wonder when it possible to use the upper 32MB properly and maybe strip down Qtopia to a smaller memory footprint to make it really fast and usable?

Anhaedra: I've been having problems with the cursor too. Try clicking down the stick (which will open the app the cursor is hovering over) then jiggling it round a bit.

Apparently XMMS is missing the library glib, which is part of the GTK library. The specific filename is libglib-1.2.so, if anyone wants to hunt it down and try to get XMMS working.

I found the library needed to get XMMS running, if anyone wants it.... Be aware that XMMS still needs libxmms.so.1, because the one supplied with it is 0KB and therefore corrupted.

it 0KB because its a symlink i think, just a link to another libary. i fixed those with every program but couldnt get xmms working,

Sonic-NKT posted on Mar 16 2006 at 01:46 PM said:
it 0KB because its a symlink i think, just a link to another libary. i fixed those with every program but couldnt get xmms working,

You fixed all the dependencies? Why doesn't it run? What is the output in the terminal?

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I haven't got QTopia running yet but I would be definately interested in XMMS ;D ... would solve my tag problems ;D

Will there be a simplified way to install QTopia and to make it easily interoperatable with cramFS/programs?

but qtopia doesnt support sound yet... (atleast for me in OGGplay)
hmm i fixed all beside glibc i think...

i would be so great if we could get the opielib running...
i hope nk didnt allready dropped the project again

could someone tell me whats wrong. When I run usbnet_on it shows up in my Network Connections but it says "Limited or no connectivity" and when I turn on sharing (with Wireless Network Connections 2) an error screen comes up.

KRiTTeR posted on Mar 17 2006 at 04:40 AM said:
could someone tell me whats wrong. When I run usb_net it shows up in my Network Connections but it says "Limited or no connectivity" and when I turn on sharing (with Wireless Network Connections 2) an error screen comes up.
It doesn't use DHCP, so you need to go into the properties for the network connection. Click TCP/IP in the list of enabled services, then click 'Properties'. Type in an IP that is the same as your computer's IP except for the last number. For example, my computer's IP as assigned by the router is 192.168.1.3. I set my GP2X's IP as 192.168.1.5. You also need to change the IP in usbnet_on.gpu to the IP that you set in the Network Connection properties and the gateway to the IP address of your router. So in my case the IP is 192.168.1.5, and my gateway is 192.168.1.1, my router's IP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sonic-NKT: The sound does work, at least for me, with Flirt (Text-To-Speech). It turns my text files into scary voices :ph34r:

with the 1.7 or 2.2, as i said, 2.2 doesnt work for me, did you get it working, if yes, how?

Back