Waffle Updated Again!

dateno1

Still Fresh
noriter_pimage_view.jpg

at few days ago NK release new version again!

in this version is perpect

now you can enjoy the virchual novel in gp2x (waffle is run the AVG32 engine's game (made by virchual art) )

download from

http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,20,868

////how to install////
1. download original PC game.

2. install game.

3. search coverting tool and use it (covert to QVGA!)

4. extract BGM from PC game's disk. (to mp3)

5.rename BGM file to 'track_02.mp3, track_03.mp3....'

6.make the folder(avd file's name + cd (ex:wlk2k0.AVD --> wlk2k0cd)

7.now copy the BGM file to 'cd' folder.

8.extract voice file from consol's game disk and convert it to MP3 format (neded converter.)

9. copy the converted voice files to 'cd' folder.

10. extract this RAR file.

11. copy install_libs.gpu and install_libs.tar.gz file to your SD memory card's ROOT.

12.insert SD card to you gp2x and bootup.

13. select util menu and run the install_libs.gpu (need 7~9 second)

14. make folder.

15. move AVD file, waffle.gpe and 'cd' folder. to folder.

16. in game menu run the waffle.gpe and play game :)

wow it looks like you have to do a lot to get this working :p

I for one look forward to a lot more virtual novels, esp when the battery life is sorted :)

I guess it's like an interactive fiction, with pictures? o-o
Could anyone point me out where I can actually try/buy this game, looks fun enough, just can't find it. <.<

Last edited by a moderator:
And if somebody could post a better tutorial for converting the game for the gp2x, I'd be happy :)

I managed to convert it with NSAConv, I managed to extract it with NSAOut, renaming the mp3s is also easy (though I don't know the order for renaming), creating a CD directory is easy, converting the oggs (voice) to mp3 is also fine...

... but WHAT the heck is an AVD??

Dammit! all this converting crap killed it for me. To hell with it, where's the GP2x version of Virtualeech's VNS?
I've e-mailed him about it, but he hasn't replied :(
I really don't want to give up on my vns project, but i'm not planning on supporting my gp32 once my gp2x arrives, so if a port doesn't come out i don't know what i'll be developing for the gp2x..... i want to learn c/c++ but i've already tried that before and its very difficult.....

Ah, so waffle is really only for Kanon, or...?

I just noticed on the insani site, the main guy doing to project is nicked GP32 (last name irl is park), and on funny quotes, there's a guy named TapwaveZodiac. o-o

Dammit! all this converting crap killed it for me. To hell with it, where's the GP2x version of Virtualeech's VNS?
I've e-mailed him about it, but he hasn't replied :(
I really don't want to give up on my vns project, but i'm not planning on supporting my gp32 once my gp2x arrives, so if a port doesn't come out i don't know what i'll be developing for the gp2x..... i want to learn c/c++ but i've already tried that before and its very difficult.....

Sadly I PMed him like 2 months ago to ask a question about codding in VNS and he has yet to get back to me so it's likely he's either got a new email or has left the scene for a while if not for good. :( I wanted to release it for GP32 personally as the currennt VNS is perfect for someone like me with no possible future in true programing. Atleast you know a little C, you might be able to code a fairly simple VNS style game with what you know, I on the other hand am as they say "assed out."

NK released two interpreter. Onscripter and Waffle.
Onscripter is nscripter interpreter, and Waffle is avg32 interpreter.

Narcissu is nscripter game. so run on onscripter.
Onscripter dont need converter.(waffle need)
Just copy data files and run.

Back