Scummvm For Gp2x!!!

Jet Set Willy posted on Dec 16 2005 at 08:13 PM said:
Quiest posted on Dec 15 2005 at 09:31 PM said:
All of the games I tried are very much out of sync with both versions.
I tried Indy4, Sam&Max and DotT - all VERY out of sync. :(

And maybe it`s just because I use ogg-converted monster.sou files, did anyone try with the original ones or with mp3 converted ones to see if the sync problem is different?

I've tried DOTT with the original monster.sou and its still out of sync. My ogg-converted file wouldn't work for some reason.

I'm having problems converting the speech & music files for broken sword. I keep getting the error message "unable to find SPEECH or MUSIC files" they are in the directory that the readme states so this is a bit confusing. Anyone got any ideas?

For the Symbion version of scummvm, the ogg is disabled from the compiler by default because it consumes extra memory. I'm not sure if it was disabled in this version. But it should be an easy thing to add.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome,

Hmmm, well I guess this makes the HH port I am working on a little null and void ;).
Is there OGG/MP3 support in this build and is the scalar working? Can anybody check (can't until I get home).

I see it's ported from the Korean language ScummVM fork so it will be a 'little' behind current CVS. Not that it is a big deal.

Also on another note, the guy behind the Korean language version of ScummVM (WonStar) has been doing a lot of work on the GP32 port using my code as a basis and has some pretty cool things going with it. When this matures you can expect to see an updated official GP32 port that should be a lot more usable (if not supporting any more games).

i only really wanted to play zak mckracken (the fm-towns version) and it works great, as sound isn't really an issue in this game (it is slightly out of sync) and it runs fullspeed at just below 100 mhz (haven't tried lower yet).

so, great port for now. HH will rock for sure. keep up the good work DJWillis!

do the games have to be in zip format or unzipped because i dont seem to be able to get the gp2x to see them either way.

do they have to be in a specific folder?

stepp posted on Dec 16 2005 at 05:25 PM said:
do the games have to be in zip format or unzipped because i dont seem to be able to get the gp2x to see them either way.

Unzipped and you browse to them using the launcher.

you have to use unzipped DOS/Amiga/FM-Towns Versions.
you can place them enywhere i think (you can also use some place in the nand *G*), but i scummvm you have use "add" and go into the specific folder. There you have to "klick" on the choose-button.

Gnaaa .. danm you DJWillis :p ... it was my time to answer :)

Nope tried an amiga rom zipped and unzipped doesnt work for me at all....i go to the folder the rom is in and nothing appears...oh well.

stepp posted on Dec 16 2005 at 08:46 PM said:
Nope tried an amiga rom zipped and unzipped doesnt work for me at all....i go to the folder the rom is in and nothing appears...oh well.

Rom? What the hell are you trying?

Watto posted on Dec 16 2005 at 08:35 PM said:
Does this mean you will be abandoning your port DJWillis ???

Not sure, going to mail NK and sound him out on a few things. My current port is in a similar state to NK's port (lagging badly with compressed audio) but he has fixed some bugs and vice versa ;). I may release what I have to compare.

I am trying to add hardware scalar support (so ‘some’ 640*480 games scale down and run) but that's proving quite hard to get working the way I want it to and it’s not nice to look at so I may abandon that as a bad idea.

DJWillis posted on Dec 16 2005 at 09:14 PM said:
Watto posted on Dec 16 2005 at 08:35 PM said:
Does this mean you will be abandoning your port DJWillis ???

Not sure, going to mail NK and sound him out on a few things. My current port is in a similar state to NK's port (lagging badly with compressed audio) but he has fixed some bugs and vice versa ;). I may release what I have to compare.

I am trying to add hardware scalar support (so ‘some’ 640*480 games scale down and run) but that's proving quite hard to get working the way I want it to and it’s not nice to look at so I may abandon that as a bad idea.

I would hope you stick with your port, as NK seems to have a lot on the go at the same time, therefore your port may progress at a quicker rate than NK's ;) .

And of course, whilst NK is a coding machine of pretty amazing proportions, he strikes me as not exactly a perfectionist - more someone who sees something, attacks it, gets it working, and then moves onto the next target, with the last one still a little ragged around the edges.

Though I could be being unfair to him...

The files which i have are 1 zipped file ( fate of atlantis) i have tried to run it but the gp2x doesnt see it. So i unzipped the file and it gave me 3 files ( atlantis.000, atlantis.001 and monster.sog).

Am i using the right roms/files whatever you wana call them?

The directory is supposed to appear blank, just select choose (while in the right directory), then a dialog should appear with all the game information.

(and keep the files unzipped).

Is saving supported? I just tried "Beneath a Steel Sky" and the save function does not appear to be working.

5465756e posted on Dec 17 2005 at 05:59 PM said:
Is saving supported? I just tried "Beneath a Steel Sky" and the save function does not appear to be working.

No problems saving for me with BASS :) .

Back