Scummvm Kor. 0.4.2 For Gp2x

can't wait for the next release of this.. monkey island 2 support will be a big plus.

is there an interpreter for the sierra games, such as leisure suit larry? i think i remember seeing one but i forget where, and what.

I don't think AGI/SCI0-1 games are viable to be played on the 2x, or at least, not without a mini keyboard. Can you imagine trying to type commands on a virtual keyboard? *shudders* Sadly however, the only interpreters available do just that - none of the later stuff.

Allan.

Mr. Provinciano seems to have found a way around it. It's not as good as it would be with a real keyboard but his method seems to work well enough.

I don't think AGI/SCI0-1 games are viable to be played on the 2x, or at least, not without a mini keyboard. Can you imagine trying to type commands on a virtual keyboard? *shudders* Sadly however, the only interpreters available do just that - none of the later stuff.

Allan.

How about a modified interpreter that displayed nouns that were close enough to the character to interact with on along the bottom of the screen, displayed inventory nouns on presing left click, and displayed verbs the engine would understand in context of them on pressing another button. Then simply select the noun/verb combination that makes sense. It could, conceivably, be faster than a virtual keyboard - indeed, I don;t see why it couldn't (though I doubt it would) be possible to make an early SCI0-1/AGI game behave fairly similarly to SCUMM games.

Somehow doubt anyone would ever consider implementing something like that, though :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah erm thanks for that.

Sorry, do my projects not fit your time scale? ;)

There are more recent alphas floating about in the Beta forum (without the new keymap). It's just a matter of time but I am working on some other projects 1st.

Yeah erm thanks for that.

Sorry, do my projects not fit your time scale? ;)

There are more recent alphas floating about in the Beta forum (without the new keymap). It's just a matter of time but I am working on some other projects 1st.

Without any smilies your answer came across as very sarcastic to me but maybe I read it wrong.

My apologies for any crossed wires.

Of course Im not demanding you do it to my timescale, I was merely asking if you had any idea when these features would be added.

I appreciate all your hard work :)

Allan.

How about a modified interpreter that displayed nouns that were close enough to the character to interact with on along the bottom of the screen, displayed inventory nouns on presing left click, and displayed verbs the engine would understand in context of them on pressing another button. Then simply select the noun/verb combination that makes sense. It could, conceivably, be faster than a virtual keyboard - indeed, I don;t see why it couldn't (though I doubt it would) be possible to make an early SCI0-1/AGI game behave fairly similarly to SCUMM games.

Somehow doubt anyone would ever consider implementing something like that, though :(

Sounds freaking fantastic, but I think the real issue would be where the item is listed on the screen. I guess one could hack around in the code that places a few pixels on the screen, and then make a tool to 'define' all of those pixels as items - although you'd probably have to provide hacked data files with the games too. :)

Allan.

Back