Nintendo ds emulator

Red Baron also owned all sorts of homebrew devices.
lol, but RedBaron has had 25 years experience or something like that in computer engineering or something like that.
When did i say i have 25 years experience in computer engineering that's loads of lie,i did pass brand new IT technician qualification in march 2011 and have certificate and i don't no much about networking then i planned to study Network+ course,there you go.

I'm no troll you jokers,learning about new things can be difficult especially when you have no clue about the things,pandora is an gaming device which only developers can understand,please like us can give answers to questions or estimate what can be done.

Well ds emulator will happen i'm 100% sure of that,ds isn't really powerful which can emulated on pandora.

You lot have called me an troll, you guys are nasty and have no common sense,how to talk to a person, i didn't say anything to any of you and you have no right to call me a troll.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, but RedBaron has had 25 years experience or something like that in computer engineering or something like that.
When did i say i have 25 years experience in computer engineering that's loads of lie
You did not. Read again. Red Baron claimed that. And unless you claim to be RB yourself, this means nobody said you had that.

I'm no troll you jokers,learning about new things can be difficult especially when you have no clue about the things,pandora is an gaming device which only developers can understand,please like us can give answers to questions or estimate what can be done.
Yes, indeed. Learning about things that one has no clue about is difficult. However, the crux is in that last sentence-thing ("please like us...") which I (charitably) read as meaning something along the lines of "Please give us answers or estimates of what can be done". Now, people have done that. People have, several times, told you that this will in all likelihood not happen. People like Exophase, who do have a clue. Several clues, even.

Learning about new things means not only asking questions, but also believing the answers. Most people with clues are quite happy to answer a question once or twice, but when the same question is re-asked several times, most people get a bit bored, really.

Well ds emulator will happen i'm 100% sure of that,ds isn't really powerful which can emulated on pandora.

Oh, here we go again...If you are to ever learn, you need to listen to those who explain.

Just a side note: There is nothing wrong with not having a clue. Most of the time here, I haven't got a clue. I'm deeply fascinated by the conversations between Ari64, Notaz and Exo, but sometimes they really could be discussing cheesemaking, for all that I understand. The wrongness lies in the not-listening.

When did i say i have 25 years experience in computer engineering that's loads of lie
You did not. Read again. Red Baron claimed that. And unless you claim to be RB yourself, this means nobody said you had that.

Yes, indeed. Learning about things that one has no clue about is difficult. However, the crux is in that last sentence-thing ("please like us...") which I (charitably) read as meaning something along the lines of "Please give us answers or estimates of what can be done". Now, people have done that. People have, several times, told you that this will in all likelihood not happen. People like Exophase, who do have a clue. Several clues, even.

Learning about new things means not only asking questions, but also believing the answers. Most people with clues are quite happy to answer a question once or twice, but when the same question is re-asked several times, most people get a bit bored, really.

Oh, here we go again...If you are to ever learn, you need to listen to those who explain.

Just a side note: There is nothing wrong with not having a clue. Most of the time here, I haven't got a clue. I'm deeply fascinated by the conversations between Ari64, Notaz and Exo, but sometimes they really could be discussing cheesemaking, for all that I understand. The wrongness lies in the not-listening.
Who"s not listening,just shut up you idiot,because of you everyone start had go at me,don't write on my thread anymore,just get lost.

Guys, you need to learn to differentiate between a troll and someone like sukhi.

It's not just about processing power. The DS (and GBA) have some exceptional 2D graphical capabilities which can be very costly to emulate on hardware which does not support it. There have been many discussion about this on gp32x. Here is an old post by exophase where he discussed some of the issues (search for the others yourself).

In general, the more different your target system is from your own system, the more costly it will be to emulate it. The DS is very different. Does this mean it cannot be done? No, not necessarily. But it will require writing a DS emulator from scratch as a quick port of x86 DS emulators will fail to utilize the strengths of the Pandora. Adapting them will be one hell of a large undertaking with very uncertain results.

The current Pandora developers have expressed little interest in undertaking this task and are unconvinced of a successful outcome. So if you are 100% convinced, I recommend you to start coding (or learn to, if you can't) and report back to us with your results.

It's not just about processing power. The DS (and GBA) have some exceptional 2D graphical capabilities which can be very costly to emulate on hardware which does not support it. There have been many discussion about this on gp32x. Here is an old post by exophase where he discussed some of the issues (search for the others yourself).

In general, the more different your target system is from your own system, the more costly it will be to emulate it. The DS is very different. Does this mean it cannot be done? No, not necessarily. But it will require writing a DS emulator from scratch as a quick port of x86 DS emulators will fail to utilize the strengths of the Pandora. Adapting them will be one hell of a large undertaking with very uncertain results.

Caine you have made nice points about ds is difficult task.

The dev will need to learn how code from scratch and isn't hardware in pandora powerful enough to emulate,still the pandora has enough power to come for ok result,you never know what the dev's can do as surprise,just take look at saturn,i thought that would never happen but it was miracle it existed and alive,same can happen for ds.

The current Pandora developers have expressed little interest in undertaking this task and are unconvinced of a successful outcome. So if you are 100% convinced, I recommend you to start coding (or learn to, if you can't) and report back to us with your results.

Wouldn't emulating the ds be easier than emulating the n64?

They both have ARM processors (different ARM processors, but still ARM).

Doesn't having the the same architecture help?

Wouldn't emulating the ds be easier than emulating the n64?

They both have ARM processors (different ARM processors, but still ARM).

Doesn't having the the same architecture help?

Not really.

Who"s not listening,just shut up you idiot,because of you everyone start had go at me,don't write on my thread anymore,just get lost.

Sukhi, you may not have recognized it, but many users were "having a go" as soon as you started this thread. This topic has been discussed many times, and several users have given you a summary of what has been said before. The topic has become a running joke throughout the forums.

Try to read Moxie's posts without a negative tone. He was not trying to make fun of you by any means. He was actually trying to explain something which you misread in the posts of others. (No one ever said anything about your experience. They were talking about Red Baron. Red Baron is a former forum member.)

We all need to play nice, and part of that is taking time to read posts carefully. Another part is respecting the opinions of other users. We respect your opinion that DS emulation will happen. You should likewise respect our opinion that it is not worth our time to pursue at this point.

Well, I'm tired of these threads, so take this:

http://www.2shared.com/file/wxnc3MRT/desmume097.html

Have fun with your 5 fps, or ~10% of original game's speed.

Disclaimer: the file above is in no way associated with me or my work, it's not even on my site, where I release all my stuff first. This is not even a port, it's a straight recompile. There are no code changes, I have not seen the source and don't plan to improve anything, no work has been started and there is nothing to improve or continue. Try it on your own risk.

notaz: i won't try this as I won't try yabause for a while, but thanks. :)

Hopefully this will actually flatten those discussions until exo releases his miraculus ds-emu. :p

Disclaimer: the file above is in no way associated with me or my work, it's not even on my site, where I release all my stuff first. This is not even a port, it's a straight recompile. There are no code changes, I have not seen the source and don't plan to improve anything, no work has been started and there is nothing to improve or continue. Try it on your own risk.

Hah... I compiled this a while ago and came to the same conclusion as you. I've even seen some games with promising results of 18-35 fps but honestly it is such a waste of time to wrap into a pnd. I can only imagine the complaints by most people about 'full screen' and other issues. The proof that you can compile it without GLU is neat since they do have a full software renderer, but I'm not convinced that a GLES port would have any significant beneficial impact on speed. I'm not even certain why yet, but frameskip on the version I compiled has essentially 0 impact on play speed. Probably if I dug into the algorithms I'd figure out the reason but honestly I don't care enough.

So thanks for posting this because due to this thread I was thinking about posting it myself... but I really didn't want what I imagine are the flood of 'why aren't you updating this' messages.

With the release of this .pnd though... does this mean that these threads will finally die off? :)

Oh boy, here we go. Now that a DS emulator exists, people will bitch about it being slow and shit.

herpderp

Or they'll begin asking for a PSP port that if anyone ever ports will suck even worse.

Alright, that's enough.

If you can't engage your grey matter and read posts properly, that doesn't grant you the right to throw insults at those who are volunteering time out of their lives to try to explain things to you in your copious numbers of threads.

Hah... I compiled this a while ago and came to the same conclusion as you. I've even seen some games with promising results of 18-35 fps but honestly it is such a waste of time to wrap into a pnd. I can only imagine the complaints by most people about 'full screen' and other issues. The proof that you can compile it without GLU is neat since they do have a full software renderer, but I'm not convinced that a GLES port would have any significant beneficial impact on speed. I'm not even certain why yet, but frameskip on the version I compiled has essentially 0 impact on play speed. Probably if I dug into the algorithms I'd figure out the reason but honestly I don't care enough.

So thanks for posting this because due to this thread I was thinking about posting it myself... but I really didn't want what I imagine are the flood of 'why aren't you updating this' messages.

With the release of this .pnd though... does this mean that these threads will finally die off? :)

Oh boy, here we go. Now that a DS emulator exists, people will bitch about it being slow and shit.

herpderp

Or they'll begin asking for a PSP port that if anyone ever ports will suck even worse.
Yes i've started the thread for,so no need to worry about it.

Ok you have given good points of ds emulation,is the pnd available anywhere or is it just talk at the moment.

Eventually we will get there by sharing our views with each other someone will have solution to this emulation.

Ok you have given good points of ds emulation,is the pnd available anywhere or is it just talk at the moment.

Eventually we will get there by sharing our views with each other someone will have solution to this emulation.
You should try to read from time to time ;) The PND is in the link you just quoted.

herpderp

because i feel like i need to play a bigger role in this thread, and because i like quote pyramids, thats why

I can't wait for the day when someone asks for a 3DS emulator, then claims one is 100% going to happen, and then even goes as far as saying the 3D effect can be emulated too.

Back