Release New Video: Complete, Working, Portable Pandora

Impressed.

Looks nice and compact.

I'll probably reorder from the second batch. Not in a hurry anymore. Best to all the first batchers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see! Many thanks, can't wait for the more "professional" video.

Any more details on what "Still some things to tweak up which we are not happy with" are?

'Tom`' said:
'hch' said:
great video!

just curious about one thing: it looks like the front doesn`t quite close. is this just my lousy monitor or does the case not quite fit perfectly?
It doesn't quite fit perfectly, as ED explained in the original video - the MK3 board has some slight changes, that will be fixed before the case is mass-produced.

oh, i thought the mk3 is final and ed ad an mk2? now i`m really confused.

'hch' said:
'Tom`' said:
'hch' said:
great video!

just curious about one thing: it looks like the front doesn`t quite close. is this just my lousy monitor or does the case not quite fit perfectly?
It doesn't quite fit perfectly, as ED explained in the original video - the MK3 board has some slight changes, that will be fixed before the case is mass-produced.

Yes, what is not final is the case, that is why it does not fit perfectly.

We finally a complete unit with everything!

Case check!
Battery check!
Dpad check!
Analogues check!
Keyboard check!
Speakers check!

Awesome job guys :D

If you have a spare case maybe you could try spray paint it black ;)

Blimey, I've been out of the loop for a while (tracking the unofficial blog every so often) ... I come back and wham! We have a working, independent Pandora!

It'd be really, really great if there was a version of the Fennec browser running on the Pandora. Maybe when the final keypad is ready?

'Chip' said:
'trats20050' said:
When do you think that professional video will be posted?
I have no idea. Within a week I would hope, but it all depends on who has the time and resources to do it. What matters is that mainstream tech sites will only feature so many Pandora-related stories. If they post one today with the quick video, they won't post one in a couple days with a slightly better version. Since they're only going to post one video (if any), I'd rather it be the good one.
I agree, best to wait... Just got a bit too excited !

D)

"Here is a quick and much requested video of the white Pandora which was built a few days ago. It is the first fully working, portable, near final unit. Still some things to tweak up which we are not happy with, but we are almost there now."

What does "Still some things to tweak up which we are not happy with, but we are almost there now." refer too and how does it impact the release date? Can you flesh this out anymore?

Please don't give vague information if you don't want to be asked about it. I seriously didn't want to bring this up, for fear of being persecuted by the OP Defense Force but, it was figuratively burdening my thoughts.

Thanks for understanding.

'gp2.eXe' said:
''hch'' said:
''''Tom`'''' said:
''''''''hch'''''''' said:
great video!

It doesn''''''''t quite fit perfectly, as ED explained in the original video - the MK3 board has some slight changes, that will be fixed before the case is mass-produced.

I'm quite sure that's wrong, since the CNC-case is supposed to be final as well as the MK3-board (which I think MWeston has got). That little gap is probably due to the keymat, it looks too thick. But I'd love to hear from MW himself!
Just gotta say it one more time, it's an awesome video! Creds for taking your time recording it! :)

'gp2.eXe' said:
'hch' said:
'Tom`' said:
'hch' said:
great video!

I'm still betting that it's the hard rubber keymat that's stopping it from closing correctly. The video shows that the back closes just fine but the parts above the SD slots don't. Seems to me that the SD slots will make the board more rigid in that spot and the keymat can't push it down enough to make it fit like it can with the rest of the case.

By the looks of the video, both the joypad and stick seem to have a good amount of movement and sensitivity. Nice work devs :D

My hope is restored. Even if there's still some waiting ahead, this is awesome. Can't wait for the high-quality version.

'GuSec' said:
I'm quite sure that's wrong, since the CNC-case is supposed to be final as well as the MK3-board (which I think MWeston has got). That little gap is probably due to the keymat, it looks too thick. But I'd love to hear from MW himself!
Just gotta say it one more time, it's an awesome video! Creds for taking your time recording it! :)
'Tripmonkey_uk' said:
I'm still betting that it's the hard rubber keymat that's stopping it from closing correctly. The video shows that the back closes just fine but the parts above the SD slots don't. Seems to me that the SD slots will make the board more rigid in that spot and the keymat can't push it down enough to make it fit like it can with the rest of the case.
Well, hmm hmm... We will need confirmation then. But I really would like the case to fit and be strong.
So what about the thread I mentioned?

CODE
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=47159&st=0&p=711481&#entry711481

Is it wrong? :(

Anyway, it's really a progress we are seeing here. :)

'Prophet' said:
Impressed.

Looks nice and compact.

I'll probably reorder from the second batch. Not in a hurry anymore. Best to all the first batchers.
Hey Prophet! Good to see you posting again!

Here's hoping you do reorder soon once a satisfactory payment method is offered. Your input round here is definitley missed.

'Tripmonkey_uk' said:
Yeah. that stiff, basically unusable keymat is pretty unforgiving inside the case. The PCB should line up with the top of the SD card slot holes but it sits low and you can see the board edge a bit through the slot opening so that right there creates a gap in the two halves. More proof of this can be seen with the nubs that are sitting a bit low and that is because the keymat keeps the board from getting close enough to the top plastic (and sitting flush on its mounting pegs).

It's all another step in the right direction. I'm quite impressed with how well the light pipes work and concentrate the light into nice little rectangles but still keep that slick continuous feature flush with the hinge. :)

'craigix' said:
Just some final tweaks to the case.
Will this require a whole new CNC case to be made?

Thx for the video and the info MWeston :)

I am sure everything with get sorted. I just hope it all doesn't add up to too much delay. I am personally not that worried about waiting a bit longer but some ppl might get a bit impatient.

Definitely looking forward to the more professional video... I am not sure there is a need to loose too much time for now though. I am sure you have a lot of things to do. In the long run I certainly believe that better promotional material would be needed though, so I am definitely for a great promotional video when the time is right.

'MWeston' said:
'Tripmonkey_uk' said:
Yeah. that stiff, basically unusable keymat is pretty unforgiving inside the case. The PCB should line up with the top of the SD card slot holes but it sits low and you can see the board edge a bit through the slot opening so that right there creates a gap in the two halves. More proof of this can be seen with the nubs that are sitting a bit low and that is because the keymat keeps the board from getting close enough to the top plastic (and sitting flush on its mounting pegs).

It's all another step in the right direction. I'm quite impressed with how well the light pipes work and concentrate the light into nice little rectangles but still keep that slick continuous feature flush with the hinge. :)

Well that's good to know. :p Thanks!

Back