Release New Video: Complete, Working, Portable Pandora

Nice... but from the beginning of pandora project i was afraid about the quality of plastic case. Design is great, apart of that the plastic cover seems to be lo-quality-*. Is it the final cover for the pandora?

*-maybe black one will be nicer [ more pro ].

And one thing , can we make easily "specials" in games like street fighter. I mean left-left+down-down+right-right. This was main reason NOT TO play in such games on my gp2x [ D-Pad sux in gp2x ].
Is the D-Pad made like d-pad from n-gage qd [rubber-like] or simple plastic like in NDS?

'StreaK' said:
Nice... but from the beginning of pandora project i was afraid about the quality of plastic case. Design is great, apart of that the plastic cover seems to be lo-quality-*. Is it the final cover for the pandora?

IIRC, The case shown in these videos is the prototype, The final one is gonna be stronger. Can't remember in what thread it was mentioned. Anyone else?

Edit:
Found it:
CODE
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=47159&st=0&p=711481&#entry711481

Last edited by a moderator:
I sure hope that the dpad doesn't end up sucking. Hopefully it's not like the 360 one.

'gp2.eXe' said:
'StreaK' said:

IIRC, The case shown in these videos is the prototype, The final one is gonna be stronger. Can't remember in what thread it was mentioned. Anyone else?

Edit:
Found it:
CODE
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=47159&st=0&p=711481&#entry711481

You also need to remember that the white one looks cheaper due to it letting more light through (makes it look thinner than it actually is).

'Username' said:
I sure hope that the dpad doesn't end up sucking. Hopefully it's not like the 360 one.
It's supposed to be like the Snes one :)

great video!

just curious about one thing: it looks like the front doesn`t quite close. is this just my lousy monitor or does the case not quite fit perfectly?

'Nightwheel' said:
'Eisner' said:
Now this is excellent news !!! Lets Digg it !.

David...
While you guy digg, I will tip Kotaku and Engadget! And maybe a few other sites too.

Also, THIS IS EPIC. My faith in the Pandora has been Renewed again :D

How about we wait until the professional version of the video is posted - one that is framed better and doesn't go out of focus every few seconds. It will get a much better response.

'Chip' said:
'Nightwheel' said:
'Eisner' said:
Now this is excellent news !!! Lets Digg it !.

David...
While you guy digg, I will tip Kotaku and Engadget! And maybe a few other sites too.

Also, THIS IS EPIC. My faith in the Pandora has been Renewed again :D

How about we wait until the professional version of the video is posted - one that is framed better and doesn't go out of focus every few seconds. It will get a much better response.

When do you think that professional video will be posted?

Firstly: OMG THATS AWESOME!!!11!!!1!

Secondly: What's the music playing in the background? I know I've heard it before, but I can't think where.

Glad to see the first fully working one getting made, it's looking good, though I dont see how anyone is reading those tiny fonts!

Also a question, is that as far back as the screen can go?

'hch' said:
great video!

just curious about one thing: it looks like the front doesn`t quite close. is this just my lousy monitor or does the case not quite fit perfectly?
It doesn't quite fit perfectly, as ED explained in the original video - the MK3 board has some slight changes, that will be fixed before the case is mass-produced.

'trats20050' said:
When do you think that professional video will be posted?
I have no idea. Within a week I would hope, but it all depends on who has the time and resources to do it. What matters is that mainstream tech sites will only feature so many Pandora-related stories. If they post one today with the quick video, they won't post one in a couple days with a slightly better version. Since they're only going to post one video (if any), I'd rather it be the good one.

^ Indeed. Unfortunately we're not going to have any control over when/if the Digg effect hits. The blog is already over 5k hits for the day (with 3 hrs to go). That's above average, but it's been steadily going up over the last few days anyway. We've been getting heaps of traffic from barrapunto.com, which seems to be a Spanish Slashdot.

When the new video lands, I'll do my best to make sure any traffic to the current video is redirected to the new post. :)

Oh, excellent video btw.

'fiveseven' said:
Secondly: What's the music playing in the background? I know I've heard it before, but I can't think where.
It's Gin and Jag by the Pet Shop Boys.

Back