Release New Video: Complete, Working, Portable Pandora

Not much better? It is way better. WAY BETTER! HD and HQ videos are really awesome with their high resolutions.

IMHO the vid is not much, it is great for a first quick vid but not as THE vid showing the almost final panda.

'Esn' said:
Excellent! :D

Though those camera angles do suck, and there's no HQ version. :(
It's good. Everything is demonstrated to be functional... apart from the keypad. I'd love to see some keys being pressed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now i know i'm gonna absolutely love this machine as i have enjoyed being part of this community for a few years now. However i'm feeling a little underwhelmed, hopefully its because of the shockingly cheap white case. No doubt i'm going to be creaming myself when its fully completed.

'Pleng' said:
'Esn' said:
Excellent! :D

Though those camera angles do suck, and there's no HQ version. :(
It's good. Everything is demonstrated to be functional... apart from the keypad. I'd love to see some keys being pressed!

probably its the prototype keymat that is hard to press

The enter key is pressed to run quake (watch when the terminal appears).

Typing on the prototype keypad is slow so it isn't shown.

'Mithrildor' said:
Not much better? It is way better. WAY BETTER! HD and HQ videos are really awesome with their high resolutions.

IMHO the vid is not much, it is great for a first quick vid but not as THE vid showing the almost final panda.
I agree, HQ is way better and I would use HD if it ran smoothly.

I also agree that this video isn't much. It shows the Pandora running on it's own but nothing compared to what I'm expecting we'll see in a few days.

So what are the few little things you are unhappy with craig? Will it cause any delay?

'dflemstr' said:
Heh... He logged in with root?? And WITHOUT a password? What happened to the standard UNIX security protocol? :p
Its a necessary evil :)

The dev/input/event# are only readable by root, so if he doesnt log in with root, no controls. Now dont panic, DJwillis knows about this and will fix it in good time. There are just more pressing issues to deal with.

dflemstr said:
Heh... He logged in with root?? And WITHOUT a password? What happened to the standard UNIX security protocol? :p

The way the screen kinda flashed at that point, I would guess that the recording was shut off while he entered the password so no one would be able to see what he typed.

Back