New cables, more boards (2011-04-15)

I did not really have the same customer service experience. I've upgraded preorders and had an RMA go smooth twice. Only phoned once about upgrades that shipped the next day. I have also merged orders and have been advised of where my orders stand in the que.

I agree with Link , my experiences with opt have been a breeze!. When I asked to go premium it only took a few days for a reply and then another few days after I had responded to their email. All in all the process took about 10days but once I had paid I received my Pandora within 5days!

Its been worth every single penny

I'm willing to bet that OP knows this info, or could easily find out. They just make a point of not making that information public for various reasons.
Again, that's sad. So it is likely here that we are being force to upgrade or else, risk not getting our unit. Wow!

I would be much more willing to order from batch 3 if OPT agreed to give out accurate order numbers for that batch.

I would be much more willing to order from batch 3 if OPT agreed to give out accurate order numbers for that batch.
As things currently stand, there will be no batch 3. It has been said that all orders from now on will be 'premium' ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as i remember Fatihs Pandoras are completly delivered. ED told us he has a sorted que, but it's inside his shop buisiness software, which have no function for such kind of reports. A completed order is a fulfilled contract and is closed in the system. If he give us a correct number of already delivered Pandoras, he has to open EVERY single order by hand and look for pandoras in it. Possible, but a useless waste of time. I'd like to see him repairing RMA pandoras and do the shipping instead.
ED did go through his orders and add them up. 800 orders total, about 50 cancelled.

300 first day

82 second day

34 third day

33 fourth day

18 fifth day

16 sixth day

7 seventh day

As things currently stand, there will be no batch 3. It has been said that all orders from now on will be 'premium' ones.

Which makes complete sense, preorders were only to get initial funding to get this project moving forward. Once the preorders are completed the financing should be covered for future batches (or enough credibility for the device for credit) and it becomes a standard purchase device.

Which makes complete sense, preorders were only to get initial funding to get this project moving forward. Once the preorders are completed the financing should be covered for future batches (or enough credibility for the device for credit) and it becomes a standard purchase device.

I would love a breakdown of what the Pandora actually costs to manufacture and then build.

It is known that $30,000 were wasted due to the original nub company going to the wall (over 4000 Pandoras thats $7.5 for each unit).

I for one am getting a little sick of seeing comments regarding the 31 months preorders and that we should feel guilty getting a Pandora at below cost.

The point of us preorders is that we took all the risk whilst people who buy now have to pay alot more but take no risk and also get a Pandora immediatley.

Lets have a cost breakdown - remembering that r&d can be spread over 4,000, 8,000 or more units - certainly getting to 8,000 delivered unit I would expect OPT to start making some reasonable profits to make up for all the hassle/risks they have put up with.

^ I doubt you'll get a breakdown like that. OP are a business after all, and it would be bad practice to release financial details.

I think it works out at something like $370-$400 a unit (give or take a bit at certain points).

At the end of batch1 when we recycle everything we have left should help reduce that figure somewhat.

These morons on youtube saying it should be $200 need to look at Apple pricing, Apple is one of the few companies who price things to make a profit. Even they can't get this generation of technology down to $200.

^ I doubt you'll get a breakdown like that. OP are a business after all, and it would be bad practice to release financial details.

I know but this is a community project so you never know.

Well to get the whole project off the ground and looking at the future possibilities (iControlpad for one) then selling the first 3,800 at cost/below cost is not exactly an uncommon/bad business practise.

Given that the new price is $499 (and that gets you an immediate Pandora) then it appears that the preorder decision was correct.

Without the preorders OPT would not have achieved what they have upto the present - at $499 they probably would not have receive enough preorders and people certainly would not have been as patient as they have been.

Can anyone disagree with this?

If there is no third batch then Pandora is not something I want to own enough to pay for.
Units will still be produced so long as people order them, it's just that the preorder queue has closed now that units have started shipping.

I think it works out at something like $370-$400 a unit (give or take a bit at certain points).

At the end of batch1 when we recycle everything we have left should help reduce that figure somewhat.

These morons on youtube saying it should be $200 need to look at Apple pricing, Apple is one of the few companies who price things to make a profit. Even they can't get this generation of technology down to $200.

So at least you were not too far out at $330 ($349 batch 2) the only issue being actually making a profit (after paying basic salaries which presumably is in the $370 - $400) which is where the $499 comes in.

One issue that affects the UK pricing is the dollar to pound conversion which at intial preorders was $2 for every £1 - at that level the present Pandora would be approx £300 inc VAT rather than the £370+ that it is now.

Anyway as soon as I get mine I will post on here and give my opinion on whether it was worth the wait and worth the money - I already have the iControlpad so based on the feel of the controls its just got to be awesome!

You read comments on youtube?? It's not good for your mental and physical health...

You read comments on youtube?? It's not good for your mental and physical health...
I don't know why, but there are days where I feel the need to be angry, like my opinion of the human race in general is growing too good and I need to balance it back out to reality. Youtube always helps with that.

Anybody alive down here????????????? :mellow:

A new update would be nice :huh:

Or maybe there are so tired of assembling pandoras that they fell asleep XD :p

Back