New cables, more boards (2011-04-15)

Where is that news scraper? The old one died and I don't know where the new one is :( Maybe someone could pin it? I really don't want to pester Craig and ED for news because they are usually really good about it. It just feels like a ghost town over here. I haven't even seen Gruso lately...

Edit: I just felt like checking, and the Pandora Stalker has been fixed!! Thanks Alec! You are the best! And thanks ED for the hosting! Link to original thread.

Edit2: News from ED about Craig's que for the lazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, sorry. We're all out back having a wild party. You should get your Pandora and join us. ;)

:p

post-719319-1199667583.jpg

Maybe they took our upgrade money and ran to Tahiti. Just throwin' it out there...

Follow me on twitter.

The next 4000 batteries have arrived to go with the cases for batch2.

Everything else is just progressing normally now, we ship 100+ units a week and are keeping up with the 7 day orders.

OMG

Begging for some news here :mellow:

Can't stand the silence.. :mellow:

PLEASE! :p

Dude, wtf. I just showed you The Stalker. What more do you want? It has every post and twitter that ED, Craig, and MWestion make. I know that haven't made a forum post lately, but here have something hot from The Stalker, TODAY AT 15:27 GMT: The official Pandora Blog.

They haven't run off with your money, at least not yet. But you have to LOOK for news if you want it. The OPT is kinda busy making units and coding at the moment to listen to all of our problems. I'm sure they will post when they have the time.

Edit: :ph34r: 'd by Craig himself!

Edit2: Craig while you are here... You are gonna tell me that mine is next right? :D :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it can seem quiet when there is no drama, but I cautiously reckon that we're past all that now. We're building and shipping and everything is quite calm.

As I've said elsewhere the plan is to clear batch1 then promote the Pandora everywhere we can once batch2 starts. We're also mulling over making 800Mhz the default clock speed now it has been shown TI underestimated the chip, and making 1Ghz the maximum speed.

We're also mulling over making 800Mhz the default clock speed now it has been shown TI underestimated the chip
I wouldn't. Mine only hits 850 at OPP3 before keeling over. You make 800 the default, yeah it usually works, but you're getting really close to the edge, and it only takes one person to not be able to make it that far.

Yes, it can seem quiet when there is no drama, but I cautiously reckon that we're past all that now. We're building and shipping and everything is quite calm.

As I've said elsewhere the plan is to clear batch1 then promote the Pandora everywhere we can once batch2 starts. We're also mulling over making 800Mhz the default clock speed now it has been shown TI underestimated the chip, and making 1Ghz the maximum speed.
Yes, let's get batch1 cleared and then we can get this party truly started.

We're also mulling over making 800Mhz the default clock speed now it has been shown TI underestimated the chip
I wouldn't. Mine only hits 850 at OPP3 before keeling over. You make 800 the default, yeah it usually works, but you're getting really close to the edge, and it only takes one person to not be able to make it that far.

Do we need to stick to OPP3? How about considering cranking up to OPP4 by default?

Do we need to stick to OPP3? How about considering cranking up to OPP4 by default?
Then you reduce the battery life.

If anything, the default should stay at 500 and the voltage level should be reduced to OPP2.

I would welcome putting these new higher limits on the stock and overclocking maximum. You'd probably have to test the overclock before shipping though. Glad to hear things are going smoother.

Back