An appointment and boards shipping (2011-07-22)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
According to CircuitCo, they shipped the first batch of fully tested and working boards a few days ago (along with a couple of new nubs for me so I can do more replacements myself).

They haven't given us any information yet how many they shipped, so I can't tell you much about that.

The boards should arrive next week, so that's when we know the amount for sure ;)

It also seems they have some clue of why WiFi failed on so many boards, we're waiting for their conclusion - and you can be sure I'll let you know.

Moving the production to Germany is also making progress. Some companies are working on the quotation (takes about 3 - 4 weeks, it's complicated board) and I'm visiting one promising-looking company near Munich next Wednesday.

If I'm allowed to take pictures of their production site, I'll post some as well here.

As mentioned I'm working together with the GTA04 guys. We found our devices share quite a few parts, which mean we can probably order together in the future to save time and money as well.

I'm doing another newspost for sure on Wednesday after the meeting to tell you how it went.

Thanks for the update ED. I'm sure the production of Batch 2 will be much smoother.

Thanks for the update. It's really nice to see that the productions will hopefully go smother for batch 2. I have the feeling I get my Pandora this year ;) . Maybe even made in Germany (if the German company is faster then CC which would not surprise me).

Its good to hear that there is progress ED, so thanks for keeping us informed.

I have been waiting 2 years 5 months 7 days 23 hours and 5 minutes and counting. no hurry here! what is another 2 months ^_^

(first mail sent 2009-02-02 but payment was not confirmed until 2009-02-16)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for update ED, it all sounds very promising
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Dare I get excited this time? good luck with this one ED, and looking forward to the post on Wednesday, "Made in Germany" has a nice little ring to it.

ooop! almost forgot a link for anyone lucky enough to have their Pandora:-

http://hackaday.com/2011/07/22/adding-video-out-to-the-open-pandora/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+hackaday%2FLgoM+%28Hack+a+Day%29

have fun!

Best thing on Hackaday ever!

Rant(h8ers gonna h8): (whether it is a 'hack' is debatable... but hey -- there's been more obvious 'non-hacks' on HaD in the past... While we're here, http://stallman.org/articles/on-hacking.html :) )

ED: Excellent news. Let's hope CircuitCo aren't feeding us bovine excrement (again!).

Back