New cables, more boards (2011-04-15)

If I update my order to premium, it will be exactly the same, yes? But I'll get it much sooner. Will I still get all those extras I originally paid for or will they be dropped from the order? I dont really want to go premium but I have this nagging suspicion that if I dont, my order will never be fulfilled.
Yes, your order will be exactly the same as the one you placed previously. Also, preorders are still marching along, and they don't show any signs of stopping.

Yes, your order will be exactly the same as the one you placed previously. Also, preorders are still marching along, and they don't show any signs of stopping.

Marching along I think not - very slow but sure!

Marching along I think not - very slow but sure!
I didn't mean to convey any sense of speed with that statement, merely to indicate that the production is steady.

There has been a little bit of a delay while I wait for the new LCD cables, but we're still doing work here. Mostly making sure we have used up every single thing we can recycle before batch2 starts.

I think it would make a lot of sense for OP to hold up sending of units as every day of delay gets more premium orders in which pretty much mean more money for the same amount of work.

Sent from my MotoA953 using Tapatalk

So how long is the delay. I did the premiere order and was ttold 7 days. So still in ball park or think longer Craig?

So how long is the delay. I did the premiere order and was ttold 7 days. So still in ball park or think longer Craig?
Orders should still be shipping within the 7-day period, AFAIK. Naturally how long ti actually takes to arrive will depends on where you are, the postage method you chose, etc. etc.

Orders should still be shipping within the 7-day period, AFAIK. Naturally how long ti actually takes to arrive will depends on where you are, the postage method you chose, etc. etc.
I did the 48hr shipping. Was really wondering about the LCD cable delay. If and when he iis going to get them.

I did the 48hr shipping. Was really wondering about the LCD cable delay. If and when he iis going to get them.
I believe he shoudl have them by now, and if not they have a better way of rolling the older cables anyway.

Here's a thought. Has any of the team thought about giving the information to a person bound by contract to sort out the queues, shipping numbers, etc? Surely the team has a system of files that this person could get access to and find a way to consolidate it into a central, well-designed database that's clear and easy to work with. I understand that it's difficult to coordinate between Fatih, Craig, and ED, but all three of them have that need in common.

What does a Pandora order need?

Order #

Order Date

Order Type

Order Address

Order Status

Order Ship Date

Order Tracking Number

The order details could be contained in another table:

Order #

Part #

Quantity

Normalize this with a decent interface and input system and BAM. Even LibreOffice Base could do this.

Like I said, just an idea. I'd offer myself up for the job, since I think I have a clear and simple solution. I see a lot of people here complaining about delays and problems (rightly so, I admit) but are bankrupt on positively-expressed ideas. They're mostly wishy washy and expectant without any understanding of what goes into an order system. I'm no expert but the above is how I would handle the problem. The biggest difficulty is in the data gathering and actually inputting it while maintaining momentum on current work. You'd need a contracted volunteer (for the sake of confidential info; namely addresses)

Has any of the team thought about giving the information to a person bound by contract to sort out the queues, shipping numbers, etc?
As far as i remember Fatihs Pandoras are completly delivered. ED told us he has a sorted que, but it's inside his shop buisiness software, which have no function for such kind of reports. A completed order is a fulfilled contract and is closed in the system. If he give us a correct number of already delivered Pandoras, he has to open EVERY single order by hand and look for pandoras in it. Possible, but a useless waste of time. I'd like to see him repairing RMA pandoras and do the shipping instead.

Here's a thought. Has any of the team thought about giving the information to a person bound by contract to sort out the queues, shipping numbers, etc? Surely the team has a system of files that this person could get access to and find a way to consolidate it into a central, well-designed database that's clear and easy to work with. I understand that it's difficult to coordinate between Fatih, Craig, and ED, but all three of them have that need in common.

I'm willing to bet that OP knows this info, or could easily find out. They just make a point of not making that information public for various reasons.

Back