New boards

this new theme is brill, check yoshi's change curve as this is a true phonomenum you might feel weird about it for a while but it will grow on you to a point where you look back and think why did we ever use the old style.

I'm on my iPod touch, using the IPB app and I'm having a few issues on this revised board with it. Does anyone know how to access the most recent posts in a topic now? Everything I try gets me to the first page only...

The old theme cannot be used as IPB changed the template system...
No, the old theme cannot be accessed because you "upgraded" to this system. And I say "upgraded" when I really mean "downgraded" :)

Ah, so I should've stayed with the old version that had a few recently discovered security holes?

Also, why is there these light blue strips to the left and right with absolutely nothing in them? Can we not get the forum to stretch to the sides to reduce vertical scrolling?

They're only there if your monitor has a higher resolution. On lower resolutions (like the Pandora), they disappear.

I still want to work on that theme though, just need a bit more time.

I'm on my iPod touch, using the IPB app and I'm having a few issues on this revised board with it. Does anyone know how to access the most recent posts in a topic now? Everything I try gets me to the first page only...

What app is that?

I could check it.

When you hover over one of the posts you'll see like a download type arrow icon to the right of the title, click on that and you will be able to preview the post enabling you to see the first and last posts of the thread. Last night I had problems viewing the forums because of the very large resolution size but now today its normal sized :)

edit: Oh, an IPB app, Im not sure but it might be the same as how you would do it on the desktop

Last edited by a moderator:
^ This. But ED said he just needs some time to sort it out, so I'm sure it'll be fine. :)

I thought it was an ugly mess last night, myself, but 1: I'm used to it now, and 2: the new features outweigh the disadvantages, for me. (Additionally, the moderation tools, as ED, SONY, and Gadge will likely agree, are vastly improved - it's great not to have to try to avoid clicking idiotically-placed lock/delete/rename buttons located in the middle of the forum indexes!)

Sadly hovering isn't really an option using an iPod, it simply loads up the thread straight away! I downloaded the tapatalk app instead to see if that worked better, it won't allow me to log into the boards here, but it does allow me to view the last post of a thread(not much use if I actually want to post something though!)

Someone give Sony some love for that. Best thing he's done since becoming mod in my opinion...

Is there any way to turn off the sidebar to the left when you're browsing the list of unread topics? It's pretty bad still on the Pandora, having real difficulty getting any amount of readable text on the screen.

And why is there 20 pages of new content no matter how long it's been since I last visited?

Thinking of dropping this forum and going back to GP32X now - there's no need for this place now that I can't access it from work.

Well done, ED, well done.

D.
Easy up mate, no need to go to Xtremes.

Roffle :)

Actually there's not much point using either this or GP32X now - neither can be browsed from work PCs whereas I could at least /use/ the old board. I do most of my surfing this board at night when there's no work to do, but as the board is no longer usable, I can't even do that. USB drives are prohibited so I can't put a portable firefox on either :(

As for security updates - what exactly were the vulnerabilities? Is anyone storing their bank details on here or something?

I didn't like the last update at all, when it happened to GP32X - the forum became much more unusable, with a lot of wasted vertical space and if we could go back to the original then I'd be very pleased, as it's shite in its current form. This is even worse, and all in the name of... what exactly? Security? Don't make me laugh :)

D.

I don't know. I'm slowly getting used to this version. It is still a bit wasteful with spacing, but I'm sure that ED can fix that if he has some more time to work on it.

^ The spacing on the main index page appears to have changed at some point in the last ten minutes. :blink:

^ The spacing on the main index page appears to have changed at some point in the last ten minutes. :blink:
New formats a bit odd. Very white. Have I died and gone to Heaven...... Whats this multiquote thing about. cant reply in the thread without directly responding to someones quote. Only some peoples avatars/photos can be seen.

cant reply in the thread without directly responding to someones quote.
There's a quick-reply box (now renamed "Reply to this topic") at the bottom of every page rather than a separate "Reply" button, now.

Only some peoples avatars/photos can be seen.
This is either because some folks haven't restored them (or aren't inclined to do so), or you need to clear your browser cache.

Whats this multiquote thing about.
Same thing as on the old boards. If you want to quote multiple people then you press multiquote on each of the posts and then hit reply.

cant reply in the thread without directly responding to someones quote. Only some peoples avatars/photos can be seen.
The More Reply Options below the quick reply is essentially the old reply button.

Whats this multiquote thing about.
Same thing as on the old boards. If you want to quote multiple people then you press multiquote on each of the posts and then hit reply.

True, though I love the new function where you can type in your Quick-Reply window and press Quote on any post to insert that quote as well :)

True, though I love the new function where you can type in your Quick-Reply window and press Quote on any post to insert that quote as well :)
Hey, you are right, cool! I didn't know that, very useful.

[edit]Front page looks way better now ED.[/edit]

[edit2]Hey, Wiki, Apps and Repo links. Never noticed those before. Very nice :)

Would it be possible to align (or remove) those [hot] tags on the topic listing? They now align based on the width of the number of replies which causes them to be misaligned. I know it is not a serious issue, but it's bugging the hell out of me.

[/edit2]

Actually there's not much point using either this or GP32X now - neither can be browsed from work PCs whereas I could at least /use/ the old board.
Try changing the theme to mobile? It's not as pretty as the new theme, but it might be a little more IE6 friendly.

Alternatively, there's a lot of entirely legitimate websites out there that will infect IE6 systems, none of which I can think of off hand. A few viruses and some subtle hints might get the wheels moving.

"Why did you visit this site? It is virus laden!" "Oh? I was just trying to look up the proper syntax for the stringstream class. I use this site all the time at home, but of course I have IE8 installed there so I wouldn't see any of these viruses."

Actually there's not much point using either this or GP32X now - neither can be browsed from work PCs whereas I could at least /use/ the old board.

Why doesn't GP32X work? It is nearly the same version the old boards were.

Also, what doesn't work with the new boards?

As for security updates - what exactly were the vulnerabilities? Is anyone storing their bank details on here or something?

You don't want forums be hacked and emptied.

Back