RMA boards

ToastBucket

Very Active Member
I'm still quite confused about this. I PM'd ED about it but he hasn't responded, most likely for the same reason he hasn't been making videos or posting very much. For RMA boards (mainly ones that need new nubs), do they send the board to CC, have CC fix it and send it back, then reassemble it? Or do they just put a new board in the old case? My pandora in particular needs new nubs and a new LCD connector (the connector on the board, not the cable) and I'm just unsure as to what their process is. I believe I've asked this question before in threads and such but I've never gotten a definitive answer. Thanks in advance!

I'm still quite confused about this. I PM'd ED about it but he hasn't responded, most likely for the same reason he hasn't been making videos or posting very much. For RMA boards (mainly ones that need new nubs), do they send the board to CC, have CC fix it and send it back, then reassemble it? Or do they just put a new board in the old case? My pandora in particular needs new nubs and a new LCD connector (the connector on the board, not the cable) and I'm just unsure as to what their process is. I believe I've asked this question before in threads and such but I've never gotten a definitive answer. Thanks in advance!
I think nubs are the only replaceable component that needs to be done by CC. Cables are fitted in the uk even on new units. Faulty boards are, I imagine scrapped or sent to CC for diagnosis. ED was investigating a soldering tool to allow easier nub replacement, but getting that made will take some days even if they decide to go ahead.

Back