New boards

Actually there's not much point using either this or GP32X now - neither can be browsed from work PCs whereas I could at least /use/ the old board.

Why doesn't GP32X work? It is nearly the same version the old boards were.

gp32x.de is on the company blacklist; boards.openpandora.org is not.

Also, what doesn't work with the new boards?

Well... text floating with no borders (posts flow one into another), larger fonts no longer visible, invisible buttons, and various other issues that render it unusable :(

I know it's not the fault of IPB per se - but as I said, work's IT department have XP and IE6 on a contract and are unable to upgrade without breaking that contract. Due to the sensitive nature of our work (ha! and they use windows! ironic, no?) we can't use any USB devices at all. It's a shame that this board has been updated, when it worked perfectly fine before.

As for security updates - what exactly were the vulnerabilities? Is anyone storing their bank details on here or something?

You don't want forums be hacked and emptied.

Hmm, It's not exactly life-threatening sensitive data though, is it? It's just a bunch of geeks mucking about on a forum. Hardly a huge loss to the world if they do get hacked. And couldn't the vulnerability have been patched rather than a whole new board installed with all the vulnerabilities that will bring just by itself?

But hey, whatever - it's your board, you do what you like with it. I'm not exactly important to the place. I'll give the mobile version a try when I'm at work.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
'm not exactly important to the place.
Pfft, are you kidding? You're hilarious. Every forum needs that!

That soldering iron thing the other day had me laughing pretty damn hard. :p

Have you emptied your cache Dunny bro?
lol sony he is using microsoft internet explorer 6!!!! it cannot render the newer IP boards theme probably because it uses more html 5 and css3 which I.E.6 cannot understand or deal with, I fear when I go to work tomorrow it will be the same for me as we use I.E.6 at work also :( because the system we use is a web based system designed around I.E.6 :(

Is the Pandora stalker important enough to be included along with the Wiki, Apps, Repo, Bookmarks and Facebook?
Puzzling question, I was thinking about that myself... but does a new user understand what that's about?
I have no idea, nothing which couldn't be fixed by adding a single line of explanation to the stalker. Then again, I'm a regular here and I still don't understand what Facebook is about :p

Wow, just wow. IE 6 is such a joke. Even links can handle these boards fine.

I can understand the pain of having to use IE 6 but to support that browser is to hold back the entire internet. I'm sorry to say, but I'm glad the boards fail to function properly on it. It should die a quick death as soon as possible.

That said, is it really impossible at your work place to install a second browser?

Aww, that sucks! All work places/businesses should do away with IE and start using Google Chrome or FF as default.
this is true but it would cost millions to pay someone to update the current system to work correctly and securly in new browsers plus im sure there will be some sort of cost involved if they were to try and upgrade all the systems from xp to vista or win 7

Wow, just wow. IE 6 is such a joke. Even links can handle these boards fine.

I can understand the pain of having to use IE 6 but to support that browser is to hold back the entire internet. I'm sorry to say, but I'm glad the boards fail to function properly on it. It should die a quick death as soon as possible.

That said, is it really impossible at your work place to install a second browser?
yup it is against policy to install software without running past IT which of course they will forbid.

why ie why.... the viruses the pain
the system we use is internal meaning you cannot access the system/data from home. in that respect there can be no visus's unless they are written in notepad :p which is the only thing we have at work.

I'm currently running a test on various browsers for the main index site: http://browsershots....penpandora.org/

So far, looks okay for me, even on old browsers like FF 2.0.

Some minor errors, but not that bad.

Will test another set of pictures from a thread as well.
where is the I.E. 6 screenshot?

Ha, before seeing EDs post I found that site looking for a way to view IE6 but I couldn't request a screenshot because someone else already did :)

Back