New boards

Please sir can we have the "Mark Board as Read" feature back again? I browse OPB from multiple locations during the day, and without being able to manually mark the board as read, this gets very unwieldy, very fast ..
As SONY said, It's there. Click 'Mark Community Read' and then 'Forums'.

In a seperate note, I almost clicked the report button when I was trying to quote torpor here because the button locations have changed. I'm not saying you should change it, just be aware that there may be some accidental reports filed.

Ah, thanks guys .. I see it now. Wasn't where I thought it should be (it should be up the top of the page, not hidden in the footer) .. okay, enough complaining from me.

Ah, thanks guys .. I see it now. Wasn't where I thought it should be (it should be up the top of the page, not hidden in the footer) .. okay, enough complaining from me.

Well, that's probably the biggest issue when switching to a new board version... you have to get used to it and find out where everything went :)

I can still see your avatars... however I can't see your forum signatures so there must be a setting somewhere.

Also, with the rich editor turned off you don't get any board script shortcut buttons... wysiwyg is for noobs!

Post date, amount of posts, links, topic description, signature text etc are way too bright, I just need to look from a slightly higher angle on my TFT and I can't read anything because of the pure white background.

Please sir can we have the "Mark Board as Read" feature back again? I browse OPB from multiple locations during the day, and without being able to manually mark the board as read, this gets very unwieldy, very fast ..
You can also just click on the icon on the left of the board (the one that indicates new posts) from the main page. That's how I always do it.

Is there any way to turn off the sidebar to the left when you're browsing the list of unread topics? It's pretty bad still on the Pandora, having real difficulty getting any amount of readable text on the screen.

And why is there 20 pages of new content no matter how long it's been since I last visited?

Thinking of dropping this forum and going back to GP32X now - there's no need for this place now that I can't access it from work.

Well done, ED, well done.

D.

Post date, amount of posts, links, topic description, signature text etc are way too bright, I just need to look from a slightly higher angle on my TFT and I can't read anything because of the pure white background.

You sure you're monitor and color settings are correct?

The background is not pure white and that text is very well readable on three different PCs (and the Pandora) where i tried it.

You sure you're monitor and color settings are correct?
When i bought the TFT it was dominating every hardware test I saw because of its strong and authentic colors, it is about 50cd/m² brighter than most others in that size, though. On my other screen (cheap, ancient, can't handle anything over 60Hz anymore, VGA-only, colors are FUBAR) it is slightly better because it is a bit darker, but the text still appears disturbingly faint as if it was just meant to be part of the background. The font antialiasing is probably making it just worse - the bold page numbers don't disturb me at all despite having the same color.

The darker grey used for the "Location" label on the side would be just fine.

And with a saturation of 2 and value of 99 the background is really close to pure white, the difference is probably only noticeable on cold screens like on my laptop because of the blue touch.

I just saw on my Windows PC that it uses those butt-ugly Helvetica font!

My Linux machine didn't care, but on windows, it looked terrible.

So I fixed the fonts back to normal :)

Is there any way to turn off the sidebar to the left when you're browsing the list of unread topics? It's pretty bad still on the Pandora, having real difficulty getting any amount of readable text on the screen.
I agree, it's even bad for the window size I use on my PC as I hate having the browser fullscreen.

I wish old theme was still accessible as this one is wasting way too much space (needs lot more scrolling = more time wasted) and mobile theme lacks functions so isn't good for me either.

The old theme cannot be used as IPB changed the template system...

I directly compared gp32x.de to boards.openpandora.org, and I can't find any difference in scrolling... except for that left sidebar of "View New Content" on low resolutions. I'll check what I can do there.

The rest shouldn't be much different than before, is it for you?

Last edited:
Ooops, changed layout. I'm still in the shock phase. :blink:

ChangeCurve1.gif

Hopefully I will reach stage 4 soon. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
The old theme cannot be used as IPB changed the template system...

No, the old theme cannot be accessed because you "upgraded" to this system. And I say "upgraded" when I really mean "downgraded" :)

Also, why is there these light blue strips to the left and right with absolutely nothing in them? Can we not get the forum to stretch to the sides to reduce vertical scrolling?

We love you ED, but sometimes you're a right bonehead.

D.

And why is there 20 pages of new content no matter how long it's been since I last visited?

Thinking of dropping this forum and going back to GP32X now - there's no need for this place now that I can't access it from work.

Well done, ED, well done.

D.
Easy up mate, no need to go to Xtremes.

Back