New boards

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by alerino, Aug 29, 2011.

1. yoshi41dragon

yoshi41dragon Active Member

Ooops, changed layout. I'm still in the shock phase. :blink:

[​IMG]

Hopefully I will reach stage 4 soon. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2011
  2. ZXDunny

ZXDunny Deep avatar

No, the old theme cannot be accessed because you "upgraded" to this system. And I say "upgraded" when I really mean "downgraded" :)

Also, why is there these light blue strips to the left and right with absolutely nothing in them? Can we not get the forum to stretch to the sides to reduce vertical scrolling?

We love you ED, but sometimes you're a right bonehead.

D.

3. Nintendo

Nintendo Nintendo Switch

Easy up mate, no need to go to Xtremes.

4. milkshake

milkshake Advanced Member

this new theme is brill, check yoshi's change curve as this is a true phonomenum you might feel weird about it for a while but it will grow on you to a point where you look back and think why did we ever use the old style.

5. NoeleyC

NoeleyC Well-Known Member

I'm on my iPod touch, using the IPB app and I'm having a few issues on this revised board with it. Does anyone know how to access the most recent posts in a topic now? Everything I try gets me to the first page only...

6. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Administrator Staff Member

Ah, so I should've stayed with the old version that had a few recently discovered security holes?

They're only there if your monitor has a higher resolution. On lower resolutions (like the Pandora), they disappear.

I still want to work on that theme though, just need a bit more time.

What app is that?

I could check it.

7. demonstar3

demonstar3 Still Fresh

When you hover over one of the posts you'll see like a download type arrow icon to the right of the title, click on that and you will be able to preview the post enabling you to see the first and last posts of the thread. Last night I had problems viewing the forums because of the very large resolution size but now today its normal sized :)

edit: Oh, an IPB app, Im not sure but it might be the same as how you would do it on the desktop

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2011
  8. notaz

notaz Certified Guru

It seems I needed to clear cache, much better now.

9. BAFelton

BAFelton Well-Known Member

My opinion : this new theme is really beautiful and in french that's what I call : "classe ! B) "

10. sebt3

sebt3 homebrew player (P. & C.)

While I find the new template visually appealing, the space lost in the process is not

11. Prometheus

Prometheus Well-Known Member

^ This. But ED said he just needs some time to sort it out, so I'm sure it'll be fine. :)

I thought it was an ugly mess last night, myself, but 1: I'm used to it now, and 2: the new features outweigh the disadvantages, for me. (Additionally, the moderation tools, as ED, SONY, and Gadge will likely agree, are vastly improved - it's great not to have to try to avoid clicking idiotically-placed lock/delete/rename buttons located in the middle of the forum indexes!)

12. NoeleyC

NoeleyC Well-Known Member

Sadly hovering isn't really an option using an iPod, it simply loads up the thread straight away! I downloaded the tapatalk app instead to see if that worked better, it won't allow me to log into the boards here, but it does allow me to view the last post of a thread(not much use if I actually want to post something though!)

13. Bramrash

Bramrash Member

Someone give Sony some love for that. Best thing he's done since becoming mod in my opinion...

14. ZXDunny

ZXDunny Deep avatar

Roffle :)

Actually there's not much point using either this or GP32X now - neither can be browsed from work PCs whereas I could at least /use/ the old board. I do most of my surfing this board at night when there's no work to do, but as the board is no longer usable, I can't even do that. USB drives are prohibited so I can't put a portable firefox on either :(

As for security updates - what exactly were the vulnerabilities? Is anyone storing their bank details on here or something?

I didn't like the last update at all, when it happened to GP32X - the forum became much more unusable, with a lot of wasted vertical space and if we could go back to the original then I'd be very pleased, as it's shite in its current form. This is even worse, and all in the name of... what exactly? Security? Don't make me laugh :)

D.

15. Caine

Caine Hardcore Member

I don't know. I'm slowly getting used to this version. It is still a bit wasteful with spacing, but I'm sure that ED can fix that if he has some more time to work on it.

16. Prometheus

^ The spacing on the main index page appears to have changed at some point in the last ten minutes. :blink:

17. Wrath Of Khan

Wrath Of Khan Soul soother...

New formats a bit odd. Very white. Have I died and gone to Heaven...... Whats this multiquote thing about. cant reply in the thread without directly responding to someones quote. Only some peoples avatars/photos can be seen.

18. Prometheus

There's a quick-reply box (now renamed "Reply to this topic") at the bottom of every page rather than a separate "Reply" button, now.

This is either because some folks haven't restored them (or aren't inclined to do so), or you need to clear your browser cache.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2011
  19. Caine

Caine Hardcore Member

Same thing as on the old boards. If you want to quote multiple people then you press multiquote on each of the posts and then hit reply.

The More Reply Options below the quick reply is essentially the old reply button.

20. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Administrator Staff Member

True, though I love the new function where you can type in your Quick-Reply window and press Quote on any post to insert that quote as well :)