New boards

OMG, please, not another Forum with fixed width! These are spreading like a disease. :(

It obviously doesn't fit on the Pandora screen anymore, which is pretty contra productive for the Open Pandora board. ;) So how can I enable variable width, or will this be fixed on the site? I use Midori on the Pandora but I guess this doesn't matter.

Please fit the new style to the Pandora screen, at the moment you are scrolling to death here.

OMG, please, not another Forum with fixed width! These are spreading like a disease. :(

It obviously doesn't fit on the Pandora screen anymore, which is pretty contra productive for the Open Pandora board. ;) So how can I enable variable width, or will this be fixed on the site? I use Midori on the Pandora but I guess this doesn't matter.

Please fit the new style to the Pandora screen, at the moment you are scrolling to death here.

Well, I will work on that for sure, but for the Pandora, there is the "mobile" theme ;)

after 10 minutes searching, I found the tiny little button on the bottom of the board for changing the theme. ^^ Yes, I never changed the board theme so I was searching in the settings. However, this mobile theme looks... different... to be gentle. :D I guess I just used normal themes in Forums for a to long time so I'm not sure if mobile theme and me ever will be friends.

Ah, much better. :D This mobile theme is just to smartphoney for my tast so I keep the standard theme. It fits niceley now into the Pandora screen, thanks. ^^

I also would change the white backgrounds of the forum threads to a slightly light blue colour and it is perfect. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, just a note that the functionality on the 'view new content' page has changed - you can't just click on the title of a thread to go to the latest post, but instead have to click on the semi-visible arrow about 2/3 of the way along the row, and from there click 'view unread posts'.

It appears boards.openpandora.org now has the same favicon as gp32x.de/board. I find this confusing because I have both as pinned tabs (no label, only favicon) next to each other.

EDIT: Also, the size 1 text is horribly unreadable with the new font.

I like the way the new mobile version look though. A bit more slim and streamlined. :)

It appears boards.openpandora.org now has the same favicon as gp32x.de/board. I find this confusing because I have both as pinned tabs (no label, only favicon) next to each other.
Mine shows up with the Pandora favicon. What browser are you using?

Yeah, this looks... well, shit tbh! Dreadful on the Pandora (using chrome), at least the old version didn't need to be horizontally scrolled. Not gonna bother to set up my avatar again.

Worst thing is that it totally fails to render on the PCs at work - they're still using IE6. Unfortunately the IT dept don't see a problem with IE6 and there's no plans to upgrade :( During down-time at work on a night shift I used to enjoy browsing the forums and arguing with you lot and now I can't.

Way to go, guys, most pointless update ever. Even worse than the GP32X "upgrade" we got a couple of years back.

D.

@ Dunny

Well, I will work on that for sure, but for the Pandora, there is the "mobile" theme ;)

Hope the width thing can be fixed. Having to scroll makes replying to a topic using a Pandora kinda tedious. I tried the mobile theme, but that's too minimal (there's no View New Content button for example)

The width should aready be fixed, did that hours ago and it looks fine on my Pandora without horizontal scrolling (tried it using BabyPanda webbrowser)

I'll retry with Chromium as well, but it might be you also just need to clear your cache.

Please sir can we have the "Mark Board as Read" feature back again? I browse OPB from multiple locations during the day, and without being able to manually mark the board as read, this gets very unwieldy, very fast ..

The width should aready be fixed, did that hours ago and it looks fine on my Pandora without horizontal scrolling (tried it using BabyPanda webbrowser)

Quoting myself:

I manually edited the CSS, but IPB automatically set that back ;)

I now edited it directly within the IPB settings and saved it. Now works fine again on my Pandora.

Let's see if it continues to work. Let me know if it still is too wide for you.

Back