New Blog Post

mali said:
Poles can be used to persuade.
We can get them to fix the wifi
yea realised I said poles not polls

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like the silkscreen. But if it doesn't happen, it's no biggie to me...

KodeIn said:
I personally would like to have some kind of silkscreening, at least the leds and the first batch (yep, I'm one of those collector maniac).
If it means I'll get the pandora 1 week later, or so, I can do with it.
Long ago I wanted to buy the GP32, but my funds were not high enough.
I've waited till now to get something similar, I can continue to wait just a bit more :p

Sorry, But i read it as cleptomaniac :rolleyes:

Trooper

RajTakhar said:
for me h264 playback was a biggie, but I can wait, even try an code some stuff to try and make it work

I actually didn't know the pandora could do h264, anyone got a link to the upper limit specs?

TaG said:
F*** this! Without screenprinting the "1" and "2" on the front I might never be able to use this thing.

:lol:
Is there any OS correlation to the numbering of the SDHC slots? Is #1 supposed to be sda then...?
The icon between the '1' and the power buttons... that's video out, right? :)

I think all the people I know are already aware of the fact that i will own a first batch pandora, and have been for about a year and a half now. I might as well forgo the silkscreen and have it tattooed on my forehead. Whenever people ask me when I got the tatt, I will respond with "two months ago".

twent4 said:
Is there any OS correlation to the numbering of the SDHC slots? Is #1 supposed to be sda then...?
mmcblk0 and mmcblk1

twent4 said:
I actually didn't know the pandora could do h264, anyone got a link to the upper limit specs?
Here's a video of the Beagleboard playing 720p H.264.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdnDpH3543Q

r00tw00t said:
Forget about the silkscreen. Just run the production like it was about to do before the CNY now. Haven't you noticed how everything that "needs to be done but it will only take for so long" ends up taking weeks and months?! I have seen the Pandora functional on craigix YT channel. It works! We are first batchers so everything doesn't have to be "perfect".

Just start producing cases, start assembling and ship them!
+1

Sphinxter said:
I think it would help a great deal to know what all the lights are for.
No buttons are labeled on the iphone, the Pandora will not be a XMas tree.

Im done with waiting, produce & ship, thanks. Become Pandora literate, go naked, first batch!

Lunatic said:
Here's a video of the Beagleboard playing 720p H.264.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdnDpH3543Q

mind = fellated

but can we get that without dvi? doesn't svideo only do analog 480i?

^The point is, that you don't have to re-encode you vids, eventually. Btw, the last missing answer to your other post: The connector between 1 and power is the headset port(headphones+mic).

KodeIn said:
I personally would like to have some kind of silkscreening, at least the leds and the first batch (yep, I'm one of those collector maniac).
I've waited till now to get something similar, I can continue to wait just a bit more :p
I missed the GP32 but I was planning on buying a GP2X. But then I bought a PS2 and Guitar Gero and played non-stop on that instead. Pandora will be the first handheld I buy and like you I don't mind waiting a week extra for silkscreen, leds and logo would be enough for me too.

Awakening said:
KodeIn said:
I don't mind waiting a week extra for silkscreen, leds and logo would be enough for me too.
Just remember that a Pandorian week lasts much,much longer than a human week :p

mali said:
^The point is, that you don't have to re-encode you vids, eventually. Btw, the last missing answer to your other post: The connector between 1 and power is the headset port(headphones+mic).

Yeah I was just joking about that since we were all on a silkscreening opinion-rampage. Didn't think too many people would be confused by a 3.5mm jack, but who knows. Didn't know it did mic too though... thanks.

kingoddball said:
Pandora needs vibration! Dual shock shit!

Yep! Bored! :pandora2ut4: :blink:
An accelerometer would be better, would make many iPhone and Android games compatible. And imagine playing Quake when you can aim with the Pandora :)

Well, hardly likely to get any new features like these before Pandora 3.

mali said:
Awakening said:
An accelerometer would be better
http://www.harbaum.org/till/tiltstick/index.shtml
It never becomes standard if it's not built in. It has to be standard for the developers to even consider porting their games, unless of course they convert to nub controls.

Mjlink said:
r00tw00t said:
Forget about the silkscreen. Just run the production like it was about to do before the CNY now. Haven't you noticed how everything that "needs to be done but it will only take for so long" ends up taking weeks and months?! I have seen the Pandora functional on craigix YT channel. It works! We are first batchers so everything doesn't have to be "perfect".

Just start producing cases, start assembling and ship them!
+1

Sphinxter said:
I think it would help a great deal to know what all the lights are for.
No buttons are labeled on the iphone, the Pandora will not be a XMas tree.

Im done with waiting, produce & ship, thanks. Become Pandora literate, go naked, first batch!

It has like 8 lights on it and WTF is that supposed to mean anyway, the iPhone doesn't even have any buttons far as I can tell. Done with waiting then maybe you had better get a refund.

Back