Blog Update!

EvanB

Still Fresh
There is a new blog update on openpandora.org

I allready saw the video before so its not new :(

I know it's just a video (which goes through a camera and then has to be re-displayed on a monitor), but the quality of the screen looks very nice.

How's the contrast on that thing craig? :D

The screen is the same 800*480 LCD as the Archos WiFi uses, so if you want to see the Pandora LCD in action take a look at an Archos next time you are out buying gadgets :)

It's probably the best LCD we could put in the Pandora and keeps everything cutting edge.

Thats the best news I heard all week!
I've been worrying about the screen because i own a archos 504 and that screen is great.
So i have been afraid that I would be disappointed by the screen on the Pandora.

Apparently I have been worried for nothing :)

craigix said:
The screen is the same 800*480 LCD as the Archos WiFi uses, so if you want to see the Pandora LCD in action take a look at an Archos next time you are out buying gadgets :)

It's probably the best LCD we could put in the Pandora and keeps everything cutting edge.

Haha kinda funny with people that have been anti the screen for so many reasons and that being one of Archos selling points for their product ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
The LCD colors really show nicely in this Pandora video near the end: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU7M44cS59k

Cool, hopefully it wont suffer from motion blur like the PSP does, that video looks good

Prophet said:
CoMiKe said:
So Craigix refers to the Archos 604 WiFi LCD screen.

Here's a video showing the LCD, and it looks really nice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQycOEYbkHI

More videos: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=archos+604

Nice preview of how surfing on the Pandora might look.

Actually, the Archos 604 WiFi (4th gen) has 4.3" screen with only 480X272 pixels, so it's not a good preview of Pandora's screen at all.

Pandora's LCD is probably the same as the one in the Archos 605 WiFi. Here's a review done by Wired. They seem to love the screen :)

Eolair said:
Actually, the Archos 604 WiFi (4th gen) has 4.3" screen with only 480X272 pixels, so it's not a good preview of Pandora's screen at all.

Pandora's LCD is probably the same as the one in the Archos 605 WiFi. Here's a review done by Wired. They seem to love the screen :)

Yes your right it's the 605 screen, much better picture in the 605, great review specially for us since he talks a lot about the screen and how good it looks ;)

I've got a 605, and the screen is very clear. Mind you, on the standard web browsing as on the new video on the blog page, the text is way too small to read, so the Archos web browser (Opera) has a zoom function which increases the text size. Requires a bit of left/right scrolling at times, but generally works fine.

GunPei2X said:
JakeK said:
Thank god the screen isn't like the F200's. THANK YOU.
How do you mean? I only have an F-100, is it very different?

I've never had a F100 but IMO the screen on the F200 is WAY to reflective. Anywhere where light can reflect on too it you can see reflection so you can't see what is happening on the screen. I can't do anything on the train with it because of this.

Back