Release Mutt, Links2 and gCalctool

Mash

Hello there,

i've converted three Applications from the Angstrom-Repository to .PND:

Mutt - very good text-based eMail-Reader, incl. esmtp-binary for direct SMTP-Delivery and Example-Config.

Links2 - very fast text-based Browser, shows also Graphics

gCalctool - the Calculator from GNOME

On the first run of gCalctool it will create Links (no Files!) to your NAND (GNOME-Schemas).

Well, gcalctool is implemented in HF5 anyways, but Mutt and Links2 are awesome :D

Thanks!

links2 is not launching.

-----------

sudo /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -m -p /media/PANDORA1/pandora/menu/apps//links.pnd -e ./start.sh -b links

not mounted on loop yet, doing so

LoopMountedon:

/dev/loop4

Filetype is Squashfs

Mounting PND (mount -t squashfs) :

/dev/loop4 on /mnt/pnd/links type squashfs (ro)

Filesystem is vfat

Mounting the Union FS using /media/PANDORA1/pandora/appdata/links as Write directory:

mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs=/media/PANDORA1/pandora/appdata/links=rw+nolwh:/mnt/pnd/links=rr none /mnt/utmp/links

none on /mnt/utmp/links type aufs (rw,si=66ab9077,noplink)

none on /mnt/utmp/links type aufs (rw,si=66ab9077,noplink)

[------------------------------]{ App start }[---------------------------------]

Starting!

LIB=/mnt/pnd/links/usr/lib

PATH=/mnt/pnd/links/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games

HOME=/mnt/utmp/links

links: error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[-------------------------------]{ App end }[----------------------------------]

cleanup done

------------

links2 is not launching.

links: error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Thank you for this report! I've uploaded a new .PND including the missing lib.

Seems it was not put into the .PND because it was already installed on my system and satisfied the dependencies. :-\

Could you please try it again and report back? Thank you!

links2 is not launching.

Thank you for this report! I've uploaded a new .PND including the missing lib.

Seems it was not put into the .PND because it was already installed on my system and satisfied the dependencies. :-\

Could you please try it again and report back? Thank you!

hi another missing lib:

[------------------------------]{ App start }[---------------------------------]

Starting!

LIB=/mnt/pnd/links/usr/lib

PATH=/mnt/pnd/links/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games

HOME=/mnt/utmp/links

links: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[-------------------------------]{ App end }[----------------------------------]

cleanup done

hi another missing lib:

links: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot

Thank you very much!

I've reset my dev-system, rebuilt the mutt and links2-PNDs from scratch and now everything needed is included. Really.

Should have done that before releasing the PNDs, i guess... :blink:

hi another missing lib:

links: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot

Thank you very much!

I've reset my dev-system, rebuilt the mutt and links2-PNDs from scratch and now everything needed is included. Really.

Should have done that before releasing the PNDs, i guess... :blink:

great working now , maybe u can help out this guy in packaging a pnd?

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry for the late reply. using firmwar 5.2

Code:
sudo /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -m -p /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/menu//mutt.pnd -e ./start.sh -b mutt

not mounted on loop yet, doing so

LoopMountedon: 

/dev/loop3

Filetype is Squashfs

Mounting PND (mount -t squashfs) :

/dev/loop3 on /mnt/pnd/mutt type squashfs (ro)

Filesystem is vfat

Mounting the Union FS using /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/mutt as Write directory:

mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs=/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/mutt=rw+nolwh:/mnt/pnd/mutt=rr none /mnt/utmp/mutt

none on /mnt/utmp/mutt type aufs (rw,si=64f06c37,noplink)

none on /mnt/utmp/mutt type aufs (rw,si=64f06c37,noplink)

Starting!

LIB=/mnt/pnd/mutt/usr/lib

PATH=/mnt/pnd/mutt/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games

HOME=/mnt/utmp/mutt

(terminal:1853): Terminal-DEBUG: D-Bus reply error: Name "org.xfce.Terminal4" does not exist (terminal-error-quark: 4)

cleanup done

Code:
(terminal:1853): Terminal-DEBUG: D-Bus reply error: Name "org.xfce.Terminal4" does not exist (terminal-error-quark: 4)
Thanks for the report!

I tried it on HF5 RC1 (my dev-system is on RC1) and it worked; haven't tried it on RC2 yet.

Does the terminal-window not open at all, even when you start a Terminal from the XFCE-menu? Maybe a firmware-guru could bring in some light here...

I've also tried it now with HF5 RC2, and despite this funny messages regarding the dbus/terminal in the pndrun_mutt.out-file it worked flawlessly.

Wasn't GCalc already ported?
GCalc is a Java-based calculator. I've packaged the native GNOME-Calculator. But this will also be already included in HF5, so i didn't upload it to the archive. :)

Anyway, thanks for these, I added your files to the wiki software list
Thank you for adding them to the wiki!

Thanks for Links! I really like it, it seems to provide just the right balance of extreme speed and usability (I also tried the two others that were ported recently; Lynx is a bit too foreign for me, and Lightweight doesn't seem too much faster). I'm using it to post right now. One thing I would really like, though: could you add a keyboard shortcut for opening a link in a new window? It can currently be done only through a menu. I think the O button would work.

Also, where does it save downloads? Is it possible to set up a download folder?

P.S. EvilDragon, this would work a hell of a lot better as the default documentation files viewer than Arora, which is incredibly slow to load.

could you add a keyboard shortcut for opening a link in a new window? It can currently be done only through a menu. I think the O button would work.
I agree, this would be really nice to have. But since i didn't compile it and don't plan to do so in the moment (i've just packaged the Angstrom-Version), i can't do it that easy or fast. Maybe someone else wants to implement this in the next time?

Sourcecode and documentation can be found here.

Also, where does it save downloads? Is it possible to set up a download folder?
You will by default find your downloads in the "/appdata/links/"-directory on your SD-Card.

But in this directory, there's also a (hidden) directory called ".links", and in that directory you will find the file "links.cfg" (maybe you first have to save the options once).

In this file, there's a parameter called "download_dir". It's persistent, e.g. saving options does not alter it. Edit it to your liking.

I did not see an option to set this from inside Links2.

this would work a hell of a lot better as the default documentation files viewer than Arora
I agree on this too: maybe Links2 or Lynx should be the default documentation-viewer. This way you could still use HTML-formatted documents (using Links2 also with pictures included).

Thanks. I found that cfg file, but the field is currently empty. Could you please give me an example of what a path should look like? Does it begin with a slash? Do I need to include the name of my sd card? (sorry, I'm not very used to Linux yet)

Back