Release Mutt, Links2 and gCalctool

Discussion in 'Software Releases' started by Mash, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Mash

Mash Member

Hello there,

i've converted three Applications from the Angstrom-Repository to .PND:

Mutt - very good text-based eMail-Reader, incl. esmtp-binary for direct SMTP-Delivery and Example-Config.

Links2 - very fast text-based Browser, shows also Graphics

gCalctool - the Calculator from GNOME

On the first run of gCalctool it will create Links (no Files!) to your NAND (GNOME-Schemas).

Tags:
  2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Administrator Staff Member

Well, gcalctool is implemented in HF5 anyways, but Mutt and Links2 are awesome :D

Thanks!

3. richiz

richiz Member

thanks, mutt wont launch though :s

4. Mash

Mash Member

Which HF are you using? I'm still on 4.

Could you please post the file /tmp/pndrunmutt.out?

Maybe I forgot to include a lib?!

5. peelie

peelie Member

links2 is not launching.

-----------

sudo /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -m -p /media/PANDORA1/pandora/menu/apps//links.pnd -e ./start.sh -b links

not mounted on loop yet, doing so

LoopMountedon:

/dev/loop4

Filetype is Squashfs

Mounting PND (mount -t squashfs) :

/dev/loop4 on /mnt/pnd/links type squashfs (ro)

Filesystem is vfat

Mounting the Union FS using /media/PANDORA1/pandora/appdata/links as Write directory:

mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs=/media/PANDORA1/pandora/appdata/links=rw+nolwh:/mnt/pnd/links=rr none /mnt/utmp/links

none on /mnt/utmp/links type aufs (rw,si=66ab9077,noplink)

none on /mnt/utmp/links type aufs (rw,si=66ab9077,noplink)

[------------------------------]{ App start }[---------------------------------]

Starting!

LIB=/mnt/pnd/links/usr/lib

PATH=/mnt/pnd/links/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games

HOME=/mnt/utmp/links

links: error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[-------------------------------]{ App end }[----------------------------------]

cleanup done

------------

6. Mash

Mash Member

*argh* :)

7. Mash

Mash Member

Thank you for this report! I've uploaded a new .PND including the missing lib.

Seems it was not put into the .PND because it was already installed on my system and satisfied the dependencies. :-\

Could you please try it again and report back? Thank you!

8. peelie

peelie Member

hi another missing lib:

[------------------------------]{ App start }[---------------------------------]

Starting!

LIB=/mnt/pnd/links/usr/lib

PATH=/mnt/pnd/links/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games

HOME=/mnt/utmp/links

links: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[-------------------------------]{ App end }[----------------------------------]

cleanup done

9. Mash

Mash Member

Thank you very much!

I've reset my dev-system, rebuilt the mutt and links2-PNDs from scratch and now everything needed is included. Really.

Should have done that before releasing the PNDs, i guess... :blink:

10. peelie

peelie Member

great working now , maybe u can help out this guy in packaging a pnd?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2011
  11. Mash

Mash Member

Phew - glad to hear that! Thanks again for your help and reports!

I'll give it a shot! Lynx would also be awesome to have as PND...

12. mcobit

mcobit Advanced Member

Somebody is working on that:

13. richiz

richiz Member

sorry for the late reply. using firmwar 5.2

Code:
    sudo /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -m -p /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/menu//mutt.pnd -e ./start.sh -b mutt
    not mounted on loop yet, doing so
    LoopMountedon: /dev/loop3
    Filetype is Squashfs
    Mounting PND (mount -t squashfs) :
    /dev/loop3 on /mnt/pnd/mutt type squashfs (ro)
    Filesystem is vfat
    Mounting the Union FS using /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/mutt as Write directory:
    mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs=/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/mutt=rw+nolwh:/mnt/pnd/mutt=rr none /mnt/utmp/mutt
    none on /mnt/utmp/mutt type aufs (rw,si=64f06c37,noplink)
    none on /mnt/utmp/mutt type aufs (rw,si=64f06c37,noplink)
    Starting!
    LIB=/mnt/pnd/mutt/usr/lib
    PATH=/mnt/pnd/mutt/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games
    HOME=/mnt/utmp/mutt
    (terminal:1853): Terminal-DEBUG: D-Bus reply error: Name "org.xfce.Terminal4" does not exist (terminal-error-quark: 4)
    cleanup done

14. Mash

Mash Member

Thanks for the report!

I tried it on HF5 RC1 (my dev-system is on RC1) and it worked; haven't tried it on RC2 yet.

Does the terminal-window not open at all, even when you start a Terminal from the XFCE-menu? Maybe a firmware-guru could bring in some light here...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2011
  15. Mash

Mash Member

I've also tried it now with HF5 RC2, and despite this funny messages regarding the dbus/terminal in the pndrun_mutt.out-file it worked flawlessly.

16. Esn

Esn (:";

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2016
  17. Mash

Mash Member

GCalc is a Java-based calculator. I've packaged the native GNOME-Calculator. But this will also be already included in HF5, so i didn't upload it to the archive. :)

Thank you for adding them to the wiki!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2011
  18. Esn

Thanks for Links! I really like it, it seems to provide just the right balance of extreme speed and usability (I also tried the two others that were ported recently; Lynx is a bit too foreign for me, and Lightweight doesn't seem too much faster). I'm using it to post right now. One thing I would really like, though: could you add a keyboard shortcut for opening a link in a new window? It can currently be done only through a menu. I think the O button would work.

Also, where does it save downloads? Is it possible to set up a download folder?

P.S. EvilDragon, this would work a hell of a lot better as the default documentation files viewer than Arora, which is incredibly slow to load.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2011
  19. Mash

Mash Member

I agree, this would be really nice to have. But since i didn't compile it and don't plan to do so in the moment (i've just packaged the Angstrom-Version), i can't do it that easy or fast. Maybe someone else wants to implement this in the next time?

Sourcecode and documentation can be found here.

You will by default find your downloads in the "/appdata/links/"-directory on your SD-Card.

But in this directory, there's also a (hidden) directory called ".links", and in that directory you will find the file "links.cfg" (maybe you first have to save the options once).

In this file, there's a parameter called "download_dir". It's persistent, e.g. saving options does not alter it. Edit it to your liking.

I did not see an option to set this from inside Links2.

I agree on this too: maybe Links2 or Lynx should be the default documentation-viewer. This way you could still use HTML-formatted documents (using Links2 also with pictures included).

20. Esn

Thanks. I found that cfg file, but the field is currently empty. Could you please give me an example of what a path should look like? Does it begin with a slash? Do I need to include the name of my sd card? (sorry, I'm not very used to Linux yet)