Mupen64Plus Compatibility List

gibberish

Apologies if it's already been started, i did look but couldn't see one.
If you'd like to contribute a game to the list please post it in here - something like this:

Title:
Region: (NTSC or PAL or NTSC-J)
Format: (n64, z64 etc)
Emulator Version:
Status: (either "Not Working", "Playable" or "Works Well" or "Perfect"
CPU Speed:
Comments: (anything you feel is relevant)

"Not Working" means that the game either will not load, crashes, graphics are too corrupted or it runs too slow to be playable
"Playable" means that the game runs and can be played but has some non critical problems. These can be with speed or graphics/audio glitches
"Works Well" means that the game runs at a good speed with only mild audio and video glitches
"Perfect" means, well you get the idea :)

If you would like to actively help maintain the spreadsheet just PM me and I'll send you the login for it.

Mupen64Plus Compatibility List

no google acccount? click here instead.

Ta

Title:Super Smash Brothers
Region: PAL
Format: z64
Emulator Version:r1
CPU Speed: 750
Comments: Slow , few messed up textures, crashes during 1st fight for me. without sound)

Title: Mario Kart
Comments: Full speed with or without sound id say, but sound is jumpy when enabled.

Title:waverace 64
Region: U
Format: z64 in zip
CPU Speed: 800
Comments: playable 3d graphics, glitchy music, menu items blanked and many flat graphics like HUD display items

Title: Harvest Moon 64
Region: NTSC
Emulator Version: R1
Comments: Very close to being perfect, just the occasional speed issue and minor sound stuttering.

Title: The Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask
Comments: Runs too slowly for me. A few graphical issues, water showed up as a black pit on starting level and sometimes fairies are invisible. Letter selection for entering name shows white blocks instead of letters.

Title: Space Invaders
Comments: Crashed on load.

Title: Ogre Battle 64 - Person of Lordly Caliber
Comments: Graphical issues such as some backgrounds being black. Runs slowly.

It would be a lot more helpful if you listed wether these work in normal glN64 or the x86 mupen64plus so the devs can actually find games which broke while porting.

I was a bit too quick to list Ogre Battle, I got excited when it seemed to be working. I just finished testing it more thoroughly.

Title: Ogre Battle 64 - Person of Lordly Caliber
Comments: Graphical issues such as some backgrounds being black (occurs also on 64 bit Linux version of Mupen64plus). Runs very slowly during cutscenes (especially when there are multiple animations). Near the end of the intro, when all the characters turn around and walk out, it slows down enough to seem to have crashed, but really it's just slowed down to something like 1 frame/minute (had to run it on my laptop and get a save file past this point to proceed). The game crashes when loading first mission.

sorry for the long comments, you could probably compress it to:
Graphical issues such as some backgrounds being black. Cutscenes, especially those with many animations, run very slowly. Game crashes when loading first mission.

I'd like to request Banjo Kazooie if someone would like to try it. I don't own many games for the N64 but banjo and super mario is the games I'd like to play again on the pandora. Thanks.

Is somebody willing to try Ocarina of Time, and Starfox 64? Those are the only two games I really care about I haven't seen posted yet.

Wolenber said:
Is somebody willing to try Ocarina of Time, and Starfox 64? Those are the only two games I really care about I haven't seen posted yet.

I want to remember they work fine at 800mhz atleast..

Last edited by a moderator:
Wolenber said:
Those two are already on the list so I didn't bother to post about them although I did try both. I didn't play through very far on Ocarina of Time, just got inside the Deku tree but it ran well enough for me, a bit on the slow side but not too bad. Starfox ran pretty good, not quite full speed all the time but I played through the first mission no problem.

Thought i might contribute...

Title: Pokemon Stadium
Emulator Version:r1 i guess
CPU Speed: 800 might work with less
Comments: Messed up textures in some menus, some are missing entirely, but while in a battle its good speed and looks good

Xenu said:
I'd like to request Banjo Kazooie if someone would like to try it. I don't own many games for the N64 but banjo and super mario is the games I'd like to play again on the pandora. Thanks.

Title: Banjo Kazooie
Format: n64
CPU Speed: 800
Comments: Slow intro, runs well in game, stuttery sound at times.

new version in the appstore.
hopefully i'll have time to re-test some games tomorrow.

http://apps.open-pandora.org/cgi-bin/download.pl?mupen64plus-r1.pnd

Sorry to revive the dead-thread, but can I make a request somebody tries Star Wars: Rogue Squadron? This game has always given me trouble on emulators, and if it works I think I'll shed tears of joy.

Wolenber said:
Sorry to revive the dead-thread, but can I make a request somebody tries Star Wars: Rogue Squadron? This game has always given me trouble on emulators, and if it works I think I'll shed tears of joy.
Just tried it twice, and it crashed my Pandora both times. Had to do a hard reset. I guess this games gives the Pandora trouble also. ;) I could have a bad rom, but I doubt it.

Chris

Request:
Could someone please try the game ' Blast Corps' and let me know how well it runs?
Thankya

Back