Founder of Pirate Games - Penjin Coder
Staff member
Website
pokeparadox.itch.io
WEBSITE
https://github.com/pokeparadox
YOUTUBE
pokeparadox
Ok Guys... I managed to work around issues with filenames getting mangled and such

I recommend you open the inputplugin config and map exit to "KBOARD Q" or something as the Pandora button seems to interfere with running Picklelauncher.

You can also do Pandora Yoga and stretch for ALT F4 (requires using FN button...)

The GUI is standard, no nice skin... I'm not an artist...

Also no way to access the normal mupen64plus GUI.

Apart from that... it's the version with the changes of bzfrank and here is the download:

http://projectinfinity.org.uk/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=pokeparadox:beta:mupen64.pnd

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey! You used the term I coined! Nice!

Anyway, great job! Now find a way to make a separate app that lets you configure it, like with Dega.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Adventus has returned and released a few updates, so I put in an hour's work and updated my Picklelauncher version.

-It has the per-game GFX cfg and whatever other changes adventus made.

-It now lets you launch normal Mupen64plus GUI or Picklelauncher

http://projectinfinity.org.uk/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=pokeparadox:beta:mupen64.pnd

Anyway, great job! Now find a way to make a separate app that lets you configure it, like with Dega.

Haha yes it fits so why not!

Also done... kinda. See above.

Well Adventus has returned and released a few updates, so I put in an hour's work and updated my Picklelauncher version.

Thanks Alot,

Will be trying this out tonight.

Wonder if someone with some artistic talent could make a skin,

Great job!

Not being very knowledgeable on these these, how does the per-game config work? I've changed the graphics plugin to render at 640x480 as I don't mind the black sidebars, but I know a lot of the games run better with frameskipping, but don't really want to have to change the text file everytime I'm going from games that work perfectly (eg. Mario 64) and others. Also which of the 2 graphics plugins should I be using? Any my final question is (!), Craig stated elsewhere that this emulator worked must faster if you decreased the resolution, can that be done and then simply upscale the image larger (as opposed to rendering everything at a higher resolution)?

Thanks to everyone in advance!! (forgive my ignorance) ;)

i dont know for the per game config stuff.

but for the resolution thing yes you can

window width=640

window height=480

framebuffer_enable=1

framebuffer_width=320

framebuffer_height=240

will render in 320x240 but use the hardware scale to bring it up to 640x480 (at least i think its hardware scale but even if its not, its still faster).

I think that's pretty much how I have it already configured, will have to double check it when I get home from work!

Hi guys, bzFrank contacted me and asked if I could reintegrate his latest version of Mupen64Plus with PickleLauncher, so here we are: http://projectinfinity.org.uk/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=pokeparadox:beta:mupen64.pnd

Here is what he has to say about the new features of the display plugin:

--readme---
This is description for the additional configuration (auto frameskip).

1. Auto frameskip can now vary frame rate between 1 and 3 (meaning every frame, every second, every third) by default. The integration time is 8 frames, meaning the feature checks the times of last 8 frames and decides if frame skip must be increased or lowered. The increase happens rather quickly (to increase response, that the upper trigger with value "1100" below), the lowering more slowly (thats the lower trigger with value "600" below). The rate can only change every 8 frames, this is the delay frames factor.

2. For gles2n64 0.0.5 you can now setup the auto frameskip feature in the config:

auto frameskip <0 or 1> turns on autoframeskip is set to 1

auto maxskip <NUM> the maximum skip rate (every 1, 2, 3, 4, ...), default 3

auto minskip <NUM> the minimum skip rate (I suggest to set to 1 or 2), default 1

If you want to tune the internals:

auto adjust fps <0 or 1> if the target FPS rate should be adjusted too if min/max skip is reached, default

is yes (1)

auto delay frames <NUM> the number of frames the skip feature waits before adjusting the rate again

auto upper trigger <NUM> the time factor when the frame rate is increased, default 1100 (meaning 10% above

the default frame time integrated over 8 frames), Should be higher than 1000!

auto lower trigger <NUM> the time factor when the frame rate is lowered again, default is 600.

Should be lower than 1000!

3. gles2n64 0.0.4 now also has the auto frameskip feature, however not configurable set fix to maxskip 3. I have kept 0.0.4 in because it still renders LOZ:OOT better than 0.0.5, in particular the static scenes (e.g. when entering Hyrule, on the drawbridge).

664918pdif564te7.gif

And will this replace the one in the repo?

I'm going to download this now and give it a whirl later, I'll post my findings in a bit!

Used it only a small bit, but it's beautiful! It eliminates Super Mario 64's unnecessary frameskip, and greatly improves Ridge Racer 64! Will report more later.

Um... I don't think I have. I literally used the latest version of PL at the time.

My configurations are in the PND, so you can just extract the files with unsquashfs/7z.

On a similar note, thanks again Wally, you inspired me to look into tweaking more playability from mupen... I have configs for better nub control, and I'm squeezing a bit more performance out of it. I was thinking of posting my configs as a beta test soon and then if it goes well I could update the default configs in the PND.

Back