Release Mupen64Plus 2.2

I have just created a new compatibility list page on the wiki.

Seems to be a typo in the intro paragraph that reads as follows:

"PPSSPP is a Nintendo 64 emulator ported on Pandora by PtitSeb. Other versions exist (Android, Windows, Mac, Linux...)."

Obviously PPSSPP should be replaced with Mupen64Plus 2.0

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it does not really matter because it's obviously a typo and it's like it was a post in the forum, it's on the wiki so it will get much less exposure, and the wiki is free to edit so anyone can correct it anytime - and they actually did :)

Hummm...there isn't really space in that Wiki for all the settings.

Anyway, here's my best for MarioKart 64.

Video - Arachnoid GLES1.1

Audio - default

RSP - Default HLE RSP

(note - would not launch at all when selected Notaz as the audio)

Using SZ 1.54 ReBirth clocked at 1001. - I tried higher settings, and crashed, so 1001 seems to be about the best I can get.

Minimal video "skipping" minimal audio "skipping" very playable, in fact, I won 1st place, Peach showed the boys how to drive!  So, good enough playing for me to capture 1st place, but there is very minor video and sound skipping on rare occasions, very playable.

I'll post up other games here as I do more testing, at least until the Wiki gives opportunity to put in ALL the Settings, because it does make a difference.

Dr. Mario

Video - Glide GLES2

Audio - SDL Audio

RSP - Z64 LLE RSP

Same SZ, model of Pandy, and clock speed 995

(note: as with MarioKart...when I tried using Audio Plugin "Notaz" the thing would not launch)

Also, on occasion, I do freeze up on trying to exit game, and have to do a hard reboot.

(note - would not launch at all when selected Notaz as the audio)
Hmm? On my system, notaz audio is the default?

Edit: I didn't find the Arachnoid plugin to be very playable on MK64 at all. While it chugs along at a decent framerate in game, it hangs a lot in the menus and stuffs up the graphics between races something chronic. But the main problem is it's wonky shadow/shading algorithm which floods everything more than a couple of kart lengths away in white on Choco mountain, just as it does in F-Zero. It's playable on courses without any atmospheric effects though.

@Kumaki: the issue with Notaz plugin not dlectable has been fixed in build 04. You should update your copy of Mupen64.

So far, this is great. Everything is running smoothly, I did have to change the graphics plugin so that I could get shadows in Super Mario 64 though. Also, it didn't copy the save file over for some reason, but I did it manually and it works fine.

Just two things:

1. In the previous version, I had the layout set up so that the C buttons were set to A, B, X, and Y, and the A and B buttons were I and U, respectively. I'd like to change this, but there's no obvious way to do that. Any ideas?
  2. Also in the last version, I changed the "analog calibration function" so that the analog control didn't suddenly go really slow in one direction for whatever reason. Can I still change this?
Thanks for the update!

So far, this is great. Everything is running smoothly, I did have to change the graphics plugin so that I could get shadows in Super Mario 64 though. Also, it didn't copy the save file over for some reason, but I did it manually and it works fine.

Just two things:

1. In the previous version, I had the layout set up so that the C buttons were set to A, B, X, and Y, and the A and B buttons were I and U, respectively. I'd like to change this, but there's no obvious way to do that. Any ideas?
  2. Also in the last version, I changed the "analog calibration function" so that the analog control didn't suddenly go really slow in one direction for whatever reason. Can I still change this?
Thanks for the update!
You can access the config file of the Input Plugin using the "Mupen64Plus 2.0 Config" entry. Choose "Config" for the Input plugin then.

The config is a standard ".ini" file. If you are using Left Nub (default) for Analog, look for [nub0] section and there you can change C/A/B button assignement (and look for "nub1" if you are using Right Nub).

Analog sentitivity should be changed here too.

Just two things:

Thanks for the update!
You can access the config file of the Input Plugin using the "Mupen64Plus 2.0 Config" entry. Choose "Config" for the Input plugin then.

The config is a standard ".ini" file. If you are using Left Nub (default) for Analog, look for [nub0] section and there you can change C/A/B button assignement (and look for "nub1" if you are using Right Nub).

Analog sentitivity should be changed here too.
Yeah, I know where to look, the problem is I can't work out what to change it to, because I'm stupid.

Hum, yeah, the changes are not trivial. The code are the code from SDLK_* define.

I don't have access to my pandora right now, so I cannot fully checked but, you should know that

{A} = SDLK_HOME = 278

{B} = SDLK_END = 279

{Y} = SDLK_PAGEUP = 280

{X} = SDLK_PAGEDOWN = 281

"i" = SDLK_i = 105

"u" = SDLK_u = 117

That should help.

So your section should look like that (I moved {L} trigger to Backspace also:

Code:
#Pandora nub support
[nub0]
plugged = True
plugin = 2
mouse = False
DPad R = key(275)
DPad L = key(276)
DPad D = key(274)
DPad U = key(273)
#Start is Start
Start= key(308)
Z Trig= key(303)
B Button= key(117)
A Button= key(105)
R Trig= key(305)
L Trig= key(8)
Y Axis= axis(1-,1+)
X Axis= axis(0-,0+)
C Button R = key(279)
C Button L = key(178)
C Button D = key(281)
C Button U = key(280)
Mempak switch = key(44)
Rumblepak switch = key(46)

So your section should look like that (I moved {L} trigger to Backspace also:

#Pandora nub support
[nub0]
plugged = True
plugin = 2
mouse = False
DPad R = key(275)
DPad L = key(276)
DPad D = key(274)
DPad U = key(273)
#Start is Start
Start= key(308)
Z Trig= key(303)
B Button= key(117)
A Button= key(105)
R Trig= key(305)
L Trig= key(8)
Y Axis= axis(1-,1+)
X Axis= axis(0-,0+)
C Button R = key(279)
C Button L = key(278)
C Button D = key(281)
C Button U = key(280)
Mempak switch = key(44)
Rumblepak switch = key(46)
This works perfectly, thanks! I still haven't quite figured out the analog settings, though. This is what I used in the previous version:

#comment about the calibration function goes here
CALIB LEFT[0]=1.000000
CALIB LEFT[1]=1.000000
CALIB LEFT[2]=0.000000
CALIB LEFT[3]=0.000000
CALIB RIGHT[0]=0.000000
CALIB RIGHT[1]=0.000000
CALIB RIGHT[2]=0.000000
CALIB RIGHT[3]=0.000000

Is it possible to change these settings in the newer version?

So, I digged the sources. Analog finetuning is already in the plugin :)

There are 2 parameter, the DeadZone and Peak. The DeadZone is the minimum value so a movement is registered, and the Peak is the Maximum value.

Value, are SDL based, so minimum is 0, max is 32768.

By default, values are

AnalogDeadzone = 0,0
AnalogPeak = 32768,32768

So if you want to be sure left/right doesn't slow down, you should lower the Peak, and put, for example 27000 instead, so it saturate faster... (there are 2 values, 1 for each axis: X and Y)

Analog sensitivity, I'm not sure. I haven't looked at this. I must dig in the sources to see what's already here...
Those CALIB settings in the old version of mupen I'm not entirely sure what they are doing.. but I do know they eliminate a lot of the "Left Nub" issues that my Rebirth and 1Ghz seem to suffer from.
Although I haven't noticed any Analog issues yet with your release.

EDIT: Some old info I dug up.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53683-mupen64plus/page-59

Updated to the newest version, but am still seeing the issue of Picklelauncher not reappearing when I exit a game. I tried clearing out all my previous settings, didn't make any difference. I'm in work at present so can't post any files from my Pandora... :blink:

Updated to the newest version, but am still seeing the issue of Picklelauncher not reappearing when I exit a game. I tried clearing out all my previous settings, didn't make any difference. I'm in work at present so can't post any files from my Pandora... :blink:
Oh. It works on my side, but I always have codeblocks mounted, that helps if it's only a mater of losing LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I am interested in the pnd_run when you get the oportunity. No rush anyway, I'm at work too and will not be able to look at that for a few hours.

Back