Release Mupen64Plus 2.2

@God Ginrai: Hum, looks like it's a core issue, not a plugin issue. Look at the pndrun_mupen64plus2.out, you'll see that, past the initialisation, nothing happens. Suspiciouly calm in this file. Can you downgrade version and see if you can get it to (at least) start on previous version? Maybe I broke something in the dynarec lately?

Last edited by a moderator:
@God Ginrai: Hum, looks like it's a core issue, not a plugin issue. Look at the pndrun_mupen64plus2.out, you'll see that, past the initialisation, nothing happens. Suspiciouly calm in this file. Can you downgrade version and see if you can get it to (at least) start on previous version? Maybe I broke something in the dynarec lately?
You didn't break anything in the Dynarec. This never worked in Mupen64plus on the Pandora, but when I mentioned it before, it was written off as a GPU problem we couldn't fix because we had no developer actively working on the GPU plugin at the time.

-God Ginrai

You didn't break anything in the Dynarec. This never worked in Mupen64plus on the Pandora, but when I mentioned it before, it was written off as a GPU problem we couldn't fix because we had no developer actively working on the GPU plugin at the time.

-God Ginrai
You should try it with the interpreter cpu emu, not the dynarec, just to be sure (go mess with ini file using the Config menu for that). I tried it with all the plugin, I find it hard to believe no plugin are able to show at least a pixel of it ;)

-God Ginrai
You should try it with the interpreter cpu emu, not the dynarec, just to be sure (go mess with ini file using the Config menu for that). I tried it with all the plugin, I find it hard to believe no plugin are able to show at least a pixel of it ;)
Oh, I'm not saying it's not a Dynarec problem, I'm saying that I was told it was a GPU plugin problem back when we had only one GPU plugin.

I just confirmed that you are right about it being a problem with the Dynarec. The pure interpreter is showing the game. Is a problem with the Dynarec something that can be fixed?

I'm in #openpandora btw, if you want to jump in and talk more realtime about this.

-God Ginrai

Wow, Perfect Dark looks and plays nice! Now I tried to change the button mapping in the config launcher but none of the changes seem to make an effect, I swapped the numbers in the nub(0) section to what I want, Am I doing something wrong?

Wow, Perfect Dark looks and plays nice! Now I tried to change the button mapping in the config launcher but none of the changes seem to make an effect, I swapped the numbers in the nub(0) section to what I want, Am I doing something wrong?
If you are using default control (i.e. Left nub is the Analog control), you should mess with the [nub0] section in the control file and that should change things. Can you copy/paste here your change?

I've been playing this with TV-out and an adaptoid with a replacement analogue module in an official N64 controller and latest drivers for GFX and it's a pretty decent experience nowadays! :)

If you are using default control (i.e. Left nub is the Analog control), you should mess with the [nub0] section in the control file and that should change things. Can you copy/paste here your change?
 I swapped the nubs, does that matter?

I swapped the nubs, does that matter?
It's just that the config you use is the [nub1] in that case :)

Have you found the cheese yet?

New build on the repo.

The big improvement (coming from mupen64plus-ae) is the musyx ucode suport in the rsp-hle.

That means sound in more games:

• RogueSquadron
  • ResidentEvil2
  • SnowCrossPolaris
  • TheWorldIsNotEnough,
  • RugratsInParis
  • NBAShowTime
  • HydroThunder
  • Tarzan,
  • GauntletLegend,
  • Rush2049,
  • IndianaJones,
  • BattleForNaboo
I tested Gauntlet Legend (using gles2glide64 for video plugin) and it was working quite well (digital speech are not perfect) but a bit slow.

Other interesting thing is the WIP support for CBFD in gles2n64. It's faster than glide or rice IMO.

Build 15

-----------

• Bugfix in gles2glide64 plugin.
  • RSP-HLE plugin now integrate musyx ucode (sound in some previousy silent games)
  • Preliminary suport for Conker Bad Fur Day in gles2n64
  • A few other fixes here and there

Enjoy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you found the cheese yet?
Ok all figured out, thanks guys.

Havent found the cheese but I haven't looked yet :)

Mupen starts up in the root of the pandora itself (bin-boot-dev-etc-home-lib-media-mnt-pandora-proc-sbin-sys-usr and var)and i cannot select the sd card anymore what im doing wrong?

Mupen starts up in the root of the pandora itself (bin-boot-dev-etc-home-lib-media-mnt-pandora-proc-sbin-sys-usr and var)and i cannot select the sd card anymore what im doing wrong?
go inside appdata/mupen64plus2/ and remove profile.txt and config.txt and try again...

Back