Movies Thread

Just back from The Happening, what a pile of wank, I really regret not asking for my money back, it really was that terrible.

Nova said:
Just back from The Happening, what a pile of wank, I really regret not asking for my money back, it really was that terrible.
What the fuck is wrong with you, are you a masochist? I TOLD you it was poo, and you even thanked me for the warning! WTF

Last edited by a moderator:
daclassicgamingmaster said:
Nova said:
What the fuck is wrong with you, are you a masochist? I TOLD you it was poo, and you even thanked me for the warning! WTF

I went with friends to the cinema, and they all wanted to see it, it was either watch the damn movie or walk home. Bah, shoulda walked.

Nova said:
daclassicgamingmaster said:
Nova said:

I went with friends to the cinema, and they all wanted to see it, it was either watch the damn movie or walk home. Bah, shoulda walked.

Haha, but you know what? It was so bad that most people wouldn't believe it. It's like, "yeah man, that movie was so terrible", but you go and it's not *really* bad, maybe just slightly lousy. This was so horrid that you really needed to experience it. Seeing it has made me a better man :p

If you are into martial arts or just like a good movie, watch chocolate! I found this by browsing around on some thai piracy website and I enjoyed it so much, I am anticipating a release in English and am going to buy the DVD now. It's about a little autistic girl who has the ability to memorize movement by watching. So she learns Muay Thai as she an her mother live besides a Muay Thai school. When her mother falls ill to cancer and they need money for the chemo-therapy the little girl discovers an old notebook of her mom where all her debtors are listed that haven't paid her back. She used to be a gangster before she had her daughter. So the girl goes collecting ^^. It's fucking awesome! The fighting scenes are intensely choreographed, no bullshit, all real MT moves. Lotsa flying knees and kicks to the head. And while there is a lot of ass kicking going on the story doesn't fall short. It's really a treat!!! Usually the stories in these movies are pathetic or the story is good but the fighting scenes are stupidly exaggerated.

WATCH THIS MOVIE!

Just watched the directors cut of The Butterfly Effect. I've got to say it's an awesome film, but I think that the original ending was so much better than the directors cut. The lost love (or Stalker ending as it's called ;)) really got to me when I watched it originally (and again when watching the 'deleted scenes' just now on the DVD). The one in the directors cut just didn't really do anything for me.

Still, as I said earlier, AWESOME FILM! Hope the second one is at least reasonable. Got that to watch at some point.

Watched Butterfly Effect 2. Really don't bother with it, especially if you like the first one (who wouldn't, it's AWESOME! GO WATCH!!!!111 ;)). It was crap. One of the crapper TV movies that I've seen (although I normally enjoy them for their crappyness :p).

In Bruges - excellent dark comedy - very much in the style of say the Big Lebowski - great characters funny dialogue - SEE IT!

Saw Wanted a few days ago. Was ok but ripped off the matrix way too much and when i tried to take the ideas to different places just seemed ridiculous. Decent movie and not a waste of time if you like action flicks just don't expect anything terribly original.

Also started a movie blog recently so probably gonna do a full review of that soon.

Movies that I recently saw from netflix that were awsome were: Suicide Club, Noriko's Dinner Table, Strange Circus (all by same director) The Signal, and Phenomena.

The double feature of The Signal and Strange Circus totally warped my mind for the rest of the day I saw it. Plays with perception and reality and strange circus is especially messed up with incest and all that. Both very well done though.

Just saw You Don't Mess With The Zohan. Very hilarious movie. You always go into Sandler's movies knowing that the majority will be based on stupid humor. If you don't, then you're stupid. There was tons of Jew jokes in here and TONS of sexual innuendo (which is always welcomed!). The message the movie tries to convey is very important, so kudos for getting it out there.

9/10, for what it is.

Ravnos said:
Just saw Hancock. I thought it was pretty good.
I liked the first half, and then thought that the second half was a bit stupid.

It starts off as a comedy, and ends up being the very thing it takes the mickey out of (a superhero movie).

The first bit was pretty good though :)

I watched Lost In Translation again not long ago. That has to be one of my favourite films. The subject matter is fascinating and Sofia Coppola has made a fantastic film out of it. Still left wondering what the hell Bill Murray said at the end though. Will never find out but wish it was something comical like 'I've been with better' or something along those lines.

I watched Wall-E today.

Excellent CGI animation, but the story was minimal and very slow for a kids film. Most definitely not Pixar's finest hour.

Back