Movies with Great Endings

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
It's rare that a movie will have a good ending , even rarer to see a good movie with a great ending. Some movies just seem to end, kind of like the script writer quit.

Anyway, I was thinking of great movies with great endings. One that comes to mind is "The Mist" , one of the best (and dark ) endings I've seen.

Anyone else know of a good movie with a great ending?

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on, keep it on topic. Plenty of threads for absurdism/jokes :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any movie where everyone dies?

That would be the one, right?

;)

What I really liked:

Final Fantasy 7 ??

That's what I call a great Ending (epic boss fight and such).

I'm doing a little project where I watch all oscar winners for best movie (Im currently in 1984 and I skipped the first 9 I will watch those later) 

ones that have great endings I think are:

on the waterfront

Laurence of arabia (actually the ending is at the beginning)

the apartment 

in the heat of the night

The sting

terms of endearment

Lars von Trier - Breaking the Waves

Sort of an arthouse film, not for everyone, but I cried at the end.

;)
Beat Takeshi's "Sonatine" maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/hFQTU8CFkm4?feature=oembed

One of my favorite movies is "Out of Sight". The ending is clever and fits the movie well. Although I could imagine a different ending. I think it differs from the ending in the book, can't remember ... there are several differences to the book (I think the character played by Ving Rhames is originally a tall Irish guy for example).

I think the ending of "Solaris" (the new one) is also well made, and I also like the rest of the movie. (Yes, I like Clooney/Soderbergh movies ... the original Solaris is not bad either, both movies concentrate on different aspects of the book ... or the new movie concentrates on fewer aspects and tries to convey those as good as possible. And it really nails it in my opinion, so I don't miss any of the other parts and find the changes quite fitting. But it usually helps to read the book only after you've seen and enjoyed the movie.)

Before looking at this thread I was thinking about the endings I like in movies.  I may compile a list that includes movies that ended like this.

Happy Ending.
Ar you kidding me? Are you fucking kidding me!!!!

oldboy.jpg
http://www.dramafever.com/st/news/images/oldboy.jpg

Fucktarting muricans and their plagiarism....

I only looked at Elw3's pic.  The original is on my list, so I hope I didn't just ruin it for myself.

A suggestion for those using spoilers, it might help if you name the film.

Back