Movies Thread

the forbidden kingdom - was kinda lame
starship troopers - hadnt seen it in a long time :p - rilly cool movie
american shoalin - one of the best movies of all time :D
office space - not bad....but its too sucky beeing a movie - it it was a tv-show it would have made more sense
over the top - wow, that movie is actually really good if u ask me :)

^ lol. The Daily Mail can't be trusted. These are the idiots who claimed that My Chemical Romance were preaching about a cult with their Black Parade album and making kids believe they would go to the Black Parade when they die.

Ganepark32 said:
^ lol. The Daily Mail can't be trusted. These are the idiots who claimed that My Chemical Romance were preaching about a cult with their Black Parade album and making kids believe they would go to the Black Parade when they die.
Ok, how about Leonard Maltin then? ;)

Yeah, I know that I'm in the extreme minority here. Ah well.

Last edited by a moderator:
daclassicgamingmaster said:
Esn said:
Yeah, I know that I'm in the extreme minority here. Ah well.
You and I both :)

Don't really see why everyone is bugging out over it.

Hmm, yeah. I think we dislike it for different reasons, though. I didn't so much find it boring as I simply didn't like the tone and cinematic language. As I said, I couldn't enjoy it; it wouldn't be fun to someone, it seemed to me, unless their idea of fun was watching the Joker at work. But I just found that disturbing, and since the whole movie basically revolved around the Joker (right down to the sound design and cinematography), well...

I did like Batman Begins, so I expected to like this one as well.

the joker was interesting in how complex he was, believable but extremely pointless at the same time.
if TDK was begins with the joker instead of the scarecrow, it would have easily been a better movie.

Just watched Mean Girls. Put it on just so I could say I'd seen it and wasn't expecting much, but I'm actually really impressed by it. Had me loling pretty much all the way through.

Good old druggy lesbian lohan B)

PRIMER!

Otherwise known as Primer.

The acting (or dialog?) sucks in the beginning, but the movie is pure genious. If you like movies about time travel, and or books by Ray Bradbury or Arthur C. Clarke, or Sci Fi/Fantasy in general you owe it to yourself to see this movie.

There is a point at which you are sucked all the way in, then it is a thrill ride all the way until you realize you are going to need to see this movie again and again and again. And it isn't a bad thing :).

If you have ever thought about time travel you owe it to yourself to see this movie.

Oh yeah, Time Travel!!

Did anyone else watch the TV shows Life or Journeyman? (Life wasn't technically about "time travel", but he did remain out of contact with the world for 15 years, so he makes "future" remarks)

I had high hopes, I guess they either ran out of material or there was no audience (by which I mean not enough of an audience for a network show). Was it just me thinking that Moon Bloodgood was the hottest thing ever?

It amazes me that shows like Eli Stone and Samantha Who? can stay on the air while sci fi and fantasy is dropped. (To be fair Stargate wore thin on me in the 2nd-3rd season and I haven't really been able to get back into it. But it was really a military show like Star Trek, I prefer a good show like Farscape where the people don't have to wear uniforms and salute)

And, I like Eli Stone, so :p.

Javacat said:
Just watched Mean Girls. Put it on just so I could say I'd seen it and wasn't expecting much, but I'm actually really impressed by it. Had me loling pretty much all the way through.

Good old druggy lesbian lohan B)
4 words:

Lacey Chabert

Lizzy Caplan

Hot and Hot. Did I mention they are hot?

I can't stand people who:
  1. Get plastic Surgery, especially really fake boobs
  2. Party and Hit things in their car.
  3. Wear white lipstick (WTF Lindsay)
  4. Have a Tude for no good reason.
Lindsay is gross, too bad really, she could have been pretty if she had tried. I mean look at Rachael Leigh Cook, you can age gracefully and still be freaking hot without plastic surgery. Or how about Robin Tunney? She is OK with how she looks, she didn't need to get gross implants and cop a tude.

Oh yeah, I also saw Cherish yesterday on TV, Robin Tunney was brilliant, also really cute looking and showed a bit of skin :), she is HOT.

Just watched Blade Runner for the first time. I got the 5 disc ultimate edition boxset thing and just watched The Final Cut version from last year. I wasn't expecting too much from it, but I was actually really impressed. Now to watch the other four versions.... :p

Javacat said:
Just watched Blade Runner for the first time. I got the 5 disc ultimate edition boxset thing and just watched The Final Cut version from last year. I wasn't expecting too much from it, but I was actually really impressed. Now to watch the other four versions.... :p
Yeah I didn't like the film until I watched the Final Cut. A large improvement.

Javacat said:
That's funny, I watched the final cut at the cinema last night. I thought it was pretty good, I'm thinking about buying the DVD, so tell me which version you prefer

Changeling. Thought it was utterly phenomenal, from the perfect acting to the powerful (i fought back tears, I'm man enough to admit it), based-on-a-true-story plot. Ol' Clinty did a great job directing, as usual.

Can easily pull Best Picture. Gonna be tough to beat it, I think....although Doubt may prove to be brilliant as well.

Highly recommended, 10/10!

Midnight Meat Train. it's clive barker, so you know its awesome. whatever happened to awesome horror movies like this? fuck saw, yo. saw fuck yo.

I'm really looking forward to the Twilight movie, I'm currently reading the fourth book, love the series <3

And I just downloaded Death Race :D
Only watched a bit of it so far cause I'm busy modding my car stereo to have a 3.5mm audio jack input so I can plug my XDA into it.

From what I've watched, it looks pretty good :)

Just watched Bugsy Malone for the first time in years. Great film, although the ending doesn't make sense! They all get splurged but they are still all alive! :eek:

Back